+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Coup

Default The Coup

I have searched just about every inch of The Realm of the Fae for the Aelfwar Commanders for the epic saga quest "The Coup". Would anyone care to give me a clue where to find them?

Soulwalker

I'm doing this quest too, I wasn't able to search high and low though, the servers came down for an update right after I finished the boss, so I backtracked through most of what I could but didn't find anything. let me know if you figure anything out, cant find any information online.

Telaran

Did you do this on expert or normal?

They're really obvious, and you can't miss them, as they come out after you kill certain bosses with about 50 adds, but I would suspect they only operate on normal mode and not expert since they are two totally different instances.

Shadowlander

So I was actually attempting to do this on my next character since my first 50 was well out of silverwood by the time I got this quest. I'm having issues getting past the scout in normal with a group. All the normal archers form up on the elite scout and either A) own the tank before they get in range or B) Kill the healer off the bat.

Is there something that I'm missing? This seems like it is broken.

I just completed this quest a few minutes ago and came to see if it acted odd for anyone else.

My wife and I ran it as a duo at level 30. I am tank specced and she is a dedicated healer Cleric.

The first group, which appears right after you kill the first RotF boss, all stacked on top of each other. Like 30 of them, all standing in the footprints of the Commander (or whatever the Elite was called). Once we realized that there was no way to handle all of them at once we decided to have the Healer stand back and not heal while I ran in and killed what I could before dying and her rezzing me back up to do it again. The adds aren't particularly difficult, but with so many of them I was unable to kill more than 1-2 at a time before dying myself. Once about half of the adds have been killed it gets easier, eventually being whittled down to a small enough set for us to handle.

The second set arrived after killing the second boss, and behaved much like the first EXCEPT all of the adds stacked up on top of each other while the elite stood about 20 feet away. Score! Killed the elite and moved on.

The third ones behaved disappointingly like the first. The group wasn't quite as tight but all easily close enough together that they all came as a group. We did the only thing we could, which was to repeat the tactics we used on the first Commander. I had to visit a healer once to restore lost soul vitality but we finally finished it.

I will mention that the adds in the first group were all Archer types, and they hurt a bit, but have low hit points. The second set were all Mages, though we didn't have to engage them so I cannot comment on their tactics. The third set were all melee types, who opened with a VERY annoying knockback when you close on them. Again, painful but with few hitpoints. Ideally I would approach this quest with some good ranged AoE damage dealers and some AoE taunting, which I didn't have much of.

I'm just glad I'm done with that part. Level 20 quest my foot...

One day on Hib/Guin, the Hibernians finally defeated the Dragon and the Gods were so startled they caused the sun itself to go Supernova.

This quest needs to be changed. It says it's a level 20 quest but, today I was on my level 31 necro/warlock (I was the only one with this quest in the group), and I was grouped with a level 19 tank, a level 18 healing cleric and a couple of level 17's. We could not kill the first invasion. We wiped three times. So the level 18 cleric switched to his level 50 bard. We managed to kill the first and second invasions. Then we killed the third boss, and the third invasion did not appear at all. We cleared everything in the area, and it still didn't spawn.

Trion needs to change the difficulty of this quest. there is only one elite per invasion but there are so many adds. So reduce the number of adds!

Trion needs to fix this quest because when I and another player tried this last night whilst helping a few other lowbies through the dungeon, the invasions never spawned at all. Two of us had this quest in last night's group.

Going to report the problems but it would help if everyone who had issues with this quest reported them too.

+ Reply to Thread