+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Caretaker Arcanis - Expert DSM

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple Coolstorybro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    177

    Default Caretaker Arcanis - Expert DSM

    Hey we have been having alot of trouble on the 2nd to last boss of expert dsm.

    He does an annalation type cast and you have to kill 1 of 4 crystals which have around 30k hp. Sometimes when he casts this its very slow for us and other times the cast is super fast that it seems that there is no way we could even dps that fast if we had 4 dps 1 tank. So I figured that we should just ask here for some advice since we are obviously missing some mechanic in the fight to slow his cast time.

    Many thanks,
    csb

  2. #2
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    compton
    Posts
    34

    Default

    well to start off coolstorybro, pretty simple just roll with 2 800 dps peeps, and a cholro heal that can do 500 and a cleric healer. u kill it and get the phat loots. Btw the time starts off slow then speeds up
    LOLOLZ
    GGG trion for adding an enrage timer

    Anyways its gonna get nerfffed for the bads so
    GL

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple Coolstorybro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    177

    Default

    Troll aside we got through this using this strat.

    The casting bar increases with each 25% of the bosses HP.
    We had the tank pick up the adds quickly and help dps the crystal down. The 3rd crystal is always the hardest but here's the group makeup we used.

    1 warrior tank
    1 warrior dps
    1 chloro mage
    1 cleric
    1 rogue

    For us this boss still gives us trouble but it seems that for those whom are having trouble just have to get lucky with crits to get that 3rd crystal down. Good luck!

    -csb

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    145

    Default

    the hardest DPS check boss in all the T2 dungeons, if you cant down the crystals fast enough, it means one of few things

    1. Your dps'ers arent killing it fast enough, either needs better rotations/builds or better gear.
    2. Your lineup for doing this dungeon is terrible. i.e (Warrior tank, 2 cleric dps, chloro healer + cleric healer)
    3. You just aren't ready to complete DSM yet.


    Some easier strats is to have rogue saboteours stack charges on crystals at 25% for a 50/50 chance of blowing it up moment he channels. There is a pattern on which crystals will light up based on which one he starts with.

  5. #5
    way
    way is offline
    Shadowlander way's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    41

    Default

    this boss was fun.
    but its not broken...
    the cast-time is just reduced for every chrystal which makes it even harder ... -> more fun!

  6. #6
    Prophet of Telara Sozu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,060

    Default

    I found the best setup for this boss fight is...

    Cleric main heals
    Riftstalker Tank
    Warrior DPS
    Rogue DPS
    Bard Hybrid (32 bard for fervour, 34 Nightblade preferably)

    This way you basically have ALL the best bard buffs for your dps as well as a bard that pulls 600+ dps.

    Shatterbone ~ 60 ROGUE, 50+ MAGE ~ The Abyss

    YOUTUBE CHANNEL

  7. #7
    Soulwalker Sturmx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Did this easily.. as well as this whole instance, was a cake walk with.

    Cleric Healer
    Chloro Healer
    Archon Mage DPS
    Rogue DPS
    Warrior Tank

  8. #8
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TenkenFlux View Post
    the hardest DPS check boss in all the T2 dungeons, if you cant down the crystals fast enough, it means one of few things

    1. Your dps'ers arent killing it fast enough, either needs better rotations/builds or better gear.
    2. Your lineup for doing this dungeon is terrible. i.e (Warrior tank, 2 cleric dps, chloro healer + cleric healer)
    3. You just aren't ready to complete DSM yet.


    Some easier strats is to have rogue saboteours stack charges on crystals at 25% for a 50/50 chance of blowing it up moment he channels. There is a pattern on which crystals will light up based on which one he starts with.
    This boss is a "hard" DPS check? Not even close. I've never once had trouble on this guy, probably one of the most simple T2 encounters.

  9. #9
    Champion Seņor Kalivos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Deepstrike
    Posts
    496

    Default

    I don't understand the issue with this. We one shotted him last night.

    cleric tank
    cleric healer
    mage chloro/archon
    Rogue (BD/NB/SIN)
    Rogue (Sab/NB/SIN)

    Had no problems.

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple mrtakedown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    149

    Default

    If you ever had a problem doing this boss with 1 healer because your tank dies when he has to tank adds + boss, there is a cheesy way to do this: the boss is actually crowd controllable, so you can cc the boss until you kill the adds after you killed the crystal since the damage on the boss is irrelevant at that point.

  11. #11
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    3

    Default Expert - Arcanis

    This is actually pretty simple if have enough tanking power. Hit him with all you got except AOE, wait for his guys to come out and pay attention to the crystal they originate from. Pull them to the crystal and kill and destroy at same time. Immediately start hitting the boss again....repeat three times...done with one healer and two tanks.

  12. #12
    Shield of Telara Bishoujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dgarye View Post
    This is actually pretty simple if have enough tanking power. Hit him with all you got except AOE, wait for his guys to come out and pay attention to the crystal they originate from. Pull them to the crystal and kill and destroy at same time. Immediately start hitting the boss again....repeat three times...done with one healer and two tanks.
    I'm pretty sure they got their solution some years ago

  13. #13
    Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bishoujo View Post
    I'm pretty sure they got their solution some years ago
    You don't know that! I heard that to this day they're still in there trying to kill it

  14. #14
    RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    5,825

    Default

    Imagine if they'd gone ahead and implemented the Master Mode version of DSM which never made it out of PTS.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qndALP8He6U

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts