+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Caretaker Arcanis - Expert DSM

Default Caretaker Arcanis - Expert DSM

Hey we have been having alot of trouble on the 2nd to last boss of expert dsm.

He does an annalation type cast and you have to kill 1 of 4 crystals which have around 30k hp. Sometimes when he casts this its very slow for us and other times the cast is super fast that it seems that there is no way we could even dps that fast if we had 4 dps 1 tank. So I figured that we should just ask here for some advice since we are obviously missing some mechanic in the fight to slow his cast time.

Many thanks,
    csb

Shadowlander

well to start off coolstorybro, pretty simple just roll with 2 800 dps peeps, and a cholro heal that can do 500 and a cleric healer. u kill it and get the phat loots. Btw the time starts off slow then speeds up
    LOLOLZ
    GGG trion for adding an enrage timer

Anyways its gonna get nerfffed for the bads so
    GL

Troll aside we got through this using this strat.

The casting bar increases with each 25% of the bosses HP.
    We had the tank pick up the adds quickly and help dps the crystal down. The 3rd crystal is always the hardest but here's the group makeup we used.

1 warrior tank
    1 warrior dps
    1 chloro mage
    1 cleric
    1 rogue

For us this boss still gives us trouble but it seems that for those whom are having trouble just have to get lucky with crits to get that 3rd crystal down. Good luck!

-csb

Rift Disciple

the hardest DPS check boss in all the T2 dungeons, if you cant down the crystals fast enough, it means one of few things

1. Your dps'ers arent killing it fast enough, either needs better rotations/builds or better gear.
    2. Your lineup for doing this dungeon is terrible. i.e (Warrior tank, 2 cleric dps, chloro healer + cleric healer)
    3. You just aren't ready to complete DSM yet.

Some easier strats is to have rogue saboteours stack charges on crystals at 25% for a 50/50 chance of blowing it up moment he channels. There is a pattern on which crystals will light up based on which one he starts with.

way

this boss was fun.
    but its not broken...
    the cast-time is just reduced for every chrystal which makes it even harder ... -> more fun!

I found the best setup for this boss fight is...

Cleric main heals
    Riftstalker Tank
    Warrior DPS
    Rogue DPS
    Bard Hybrid (32 bard for fervour, 34 Nightblade preferably)

This way you basically have ALL the best bard buffs for your dps as well as a bard that pulls 600+ dps.

Shatterbone ~ 60 ROGUE, 50+ MAGE ~ The Abyss

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Did this easily.. as well as this whole instance, was a cake walk with.

Cleric Healer
    Chloro Healer
    Archon Mage DPS
    Rogue DPS
    Warrior Tank

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by TenkenFlux View Post
    the hardest DPS check boss in all the T2 dungeons, if you cant down the crystals fast enough, it means one of few things

1. Your dps'ers arent killing it fast enough, either needs better rotations/builds or better gear.
    2. Your lineup for doing this dungeon is terrible. i.e (Warrior tank, 2 cleric dps, chloro healer + cleric healer)
    3. You just aren't ready to complete DSM yet.

Some easier strats is to have rogue saboteours stack charges on crystals at 25% for a 50/50 chance of blowing it up moment he channels. There is a pattern on which crystals will light up based on which one he starts with.
    This boss is a "hard" DPS check? Not even close. I've never once had trouble on this guy, probably one of the most simple T2 encounters.

I don't understand the issue with this. We one shotted him last night.

cleric tank
    cleric healer
    mage chloro/archon
    Rogue (BD/NB/SIN)
    Rogue (Sab/NB/SIN)

Had no problems.

If you ever had a problem doing this boss with 1 healer because your tank dies when he has to tank adds + boss, there is a cheesy way to do this: the boss is actually crowd controllable, so you can cc the boss until you kill the adds after you killed the crystal since the damage on the boss is irrelevant at that point.

Soulwalker

Default Expert - Arcanis

This is actually pretty simple if have enough tanking power. Hit him with all you got except AOE, wait for his guys to come out and pay attention to the crystal they originate from. Pull them to the crystal and kill and destroy at same time. Immediately start hitting the boss again....repeat three times...done with one healer and two tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dgarye View Post
    This is actually pretty simple if have enough tanking power. Hit him with all you got except AOE, wait for his guys to come out and pay attention to the crystal they originate from. Pull them to the crystal and kill and destroy at same time. Immediately start hitting the boss again....repeat three times...done with one healer and two tanks.
    I'm pretty sure they got their solution some years ago

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Bishoujo View Post
    I'm pretty sure they got their solution some years ago
    You don't know that! I heard that to this day they're still in there trying to kill it

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Imagine if they'd gone ahead and implemented the Master Mode version of DSM which never made it out of PTS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qndALP8He6U

+ Reply to Thread