+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Queen Vallara "fixed" = unbeatable

Soulwalker

Default Queen Vallara "fixed" = unbeatable

Today my usual t1 group + 1 pug bard, went and 1 shoted every boss in fc after the round of ninja buffs today (all the bosses have had their party damage increased even though it wasn't listed in the patch notes) but the fact that Queen Vallara now spawns adds isn't that much of the problem, the problem is that she spawns adds so quickly, that by the time 1 add is down another add is immediately up. Also switching from a 2 healer set up down to a 1 healer makes the fight unhealable.
    Last edited by Allison aA'vani; 03-11-2011 at 12:43 AM. Reason: tense

We wiped on this fight for a good hour before figuring out a strat that makes it a trivial fight.

Have your tank kite the boss around one of the blue platforms in the area. The rest of the group can stand on this platform and not move at all. The group just turrets as the boss gets kited in a circle around them, and the tank can pick up the adds as the appear. Our warrior tank had some kind of an aoe build (reaver? I'm not familiar with the particulars of wars) and the adds died quickly enough and got picked up immediately by our tank. This might not work with all tank bulds, granted.

We had a cleric and myself as a chloro healing, and two rogues for dps.

OMFG... STOP QQ...

Without spawing adds this boss is tank and spank .. nothing hard with it.. stop QQ and ask for nerf bosses in expert mode.. there must be something hard not all the time easy way. Change tactic think and fight.. not only t&s and 1,2,3,4 spell cast...

Soulwalker

There is nothing difficult about this fight, really guys if you are complaining about this you need to go buy Lego but just be careful not to poke yourself in the eye with the pointy corners.
    I actually want this harder, i want adds that randomly attack other players and have no aggro table, ahh you say everyone will just stack on tank then....Then increase the stuff on the ground damage, hehehe

Soulwalker

You are swapping from using 2 healer + bard to 1 healer + bard and the 1 healer cant keep your tank up? there is your problem, your healer is ****e. I've done every dungeon bar Lantern Hook with the same setup, DPS war, Mage DPS, Bard, Cleric, Myself (tank war) and we've never had to change that. With lantern hook we changed to Chloro mage just to bring safety to the group because half of us couldnt see the pillars of fire on 2nd boss.

The lack of adds on this boss was depressing, because it just made it too easy. after farming so much gear i'm ready for T2 instance, or so i thought, logged in this morning to find i was down to 80 toughness from 93, time to get the chest + shoulders for my toughness caps, and to rofl over the instances after my DPS get geared.

We did our first run in there tonight and it took us a few tries to figure out how to beat this. We usually have a Rogue tank and this was probably the first time he felt kinda squishy. In the end we wound up using a really drawn out strategy that I'm sure is not optimal at all, but worked. We couldn't really afford a lot of DPS on the Queen herself, so it was just a lot of watching the Rogue walk her around in a big circle.

What we were more confused about was why there's an achievement for killing her after she's been "corrupted", because I don't see how you could kill her on expert and not get it.

Heal intensive fight in expert mode, needs a good support or 2 supports + cleric

.-~*Leelium - Healer Cleric - Usual Suspects *~-.,

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Flaviusx View Post
    We wiped on this fight for a good hour before figuring out a strat that makes it a trivial fight.

Have your tank kite the boss around one of the blue platforms in the area. The rest of the group can stand on this platform and not move at all. The group just turrets as the boss gets kited in a circle around them, and the tank can pick up the adds as the appear. Our warrior tank had some kind of an aoe build (reaver? I'm not familiar with the particulars of wars) and the adds died quickly enough and got picked up immediately by our tank. This might not work with all tank bulds, granted.

We had a cleric and myself as a chloro healing, and two rogues for dps.
    Sounds like we were grouped :-P

-Lexi

Don't make something so simple, so complicated. I solo healed this post fix.

1. Everyone stack in the middle in the wispy Rift particle effect.
    2. Tank kites Vallnara backwards as always using the 3 cirlces that the death idols were on as a reference.
    3. Short range dps burns the 16k hp on those adds when she impregnates a player.
    4. Ranged dps kills Vallnara.

This fight has nothing to do with what you have, it's all about balancing the dps between the adds and her.

Forum tested, Hevenly approved.

Soulwalker

Just to add some additional information on beating this:

- We used 2 ranged marks builds for dps, Chloro heal, Cleric heal, warrior tank
    - The adds are on a ~12 second repop; I'd imagine that single target DPSing them will not work unless you're way over geared for this.
    - Have your group stand on a platform (looks like teleport pads), have the tank kite in a circle around you.
    - Use heavy AOEs to wipe the adds and the boss.
    - For Marksmen, Fan Out works great for this. Simply stand on the platform and turret around spamming Fan Out.

I think the fight took us about 2 minutes to get done.

For the Rogues in this group, our DPS numbers were in the mid 500s. Also, our tank had like 23 toughness, so... your mileage may vary with a geared tank.

- Lexi

Plane Touched

Glad this is fixed, too many of these Expert instances are simple tank n spank and way too easy.

You can Dispel some bosses mechanics that really should not be dispellable like huge aoe dot attacks
    http://tbh.org.uit.no/RFT/?c=forum_sections
    TBHO Recruiting all callings/roles, Whitefall - EUPVP
    Xathian - 55Templar - Perento/Spatalos Aion EU - Xathian - LoL
    MisterTea-Frank Jaegar - Darkfall
    Xathian Fury PvP 80 Assassin-Gank n Spank, AoC

1 shotted this last night with the following group:

Pally / VK Warrior
    Marksman Rogue
    Sab Rogue
    Cleric heals
    Support Bard

Warrior tank (Me) had enough block and physical damage reduce for DPS to completely ignore the adds and just burn the boss quickly. I went below 25% once because my RD / RS stacks fell off.

Shadowlander

Yeah, half your dps problems will come from players complete lack of parsing, get them to run different specs that are easily found if you do a quick forum search, as a sab spec i'm doing 700dps single target and on a fight with cleaves (1-2 mobs) i'll easily be pulling 1.1k+ dps, you'll find if you start doing harder dungeons like CC etc you'll need every drop of DPS you can output

Diu

Was pretty hard compared to the rest of dungeon..

we had blue/green gear most of us, wiped 5-6 times, but eventually tank learned how to stay away from the goo on the ground and EVERYONE focus dps on adds as soon as they pop

I didnt read any of this thread, but we 1shot Valnara last night with me a rogue tanking. Sounds like a l2p issue.
    Last edited by Swiftly; 03-11-2011 at 08:22 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast