+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2 42 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 LastLast

Thread: I want Dungeon Finder!!

Soulwalker

Additionally, due to idiotic editing time restrictions...

I am admittedly a casual player. I play alot, but casually. I overload on alts. The highest level character I had in WOW before the RDF was about 30. With the RDF I got some to about 60. That's a big difference, and I can feel my enthusiasm for Rift starting to wane. No RDF soon, and I'm going to be cancelling. I have a bunch of mid-20s characters who I don't want to level without taking through DD and FC, and I don't want to face the sheer unadulterated pain of trying to find a DD group with them. I am not getting to play the content because a feature which should have been a no-brainer and which is, for me, one of the biggest selling points of the market leader has inexplicably not been provided in Rift.

And before you dismiss me and other casual players, think - it is the cross-subsidy of casual players that allows hardcore players to play MMOs on the cheap. We are the mass market, and the more of us there are paying the same as you for a fraction of the hours, the more money there is to develop new content for you. We leave, you lose.

Soulwalker

I totally agree with Riffler I have exactly same situation. Questing gets boring pretty fast and it would be nice to do some dungeons while leveling but its so hard to find group, I have tried making group but its like I get 1 or 2 dps in 30min chat spamming.

Plane Walker

OP: Dungeon finder is a horrible idea. Get in a guild. Make friends, and group with them. It isn't hard. If you can't do that, delete your character and never play an MMO again. Pretty simple stuff here.

I want you to get banned and quit the game, as you are the type of player that has been ruining MMO's since day one. All this anti-social, "make being a ****** much easier" mechanics are just terrible for these games. My guess is neither of us will get what we want.

Also, with the difficulty of some fights, and most idiots using the dungeon finder having never done the dungeon before, this would be hell on earth with no vent/in game voice chat. Hell, implement it, so I can laugh at all the total noobs getting rolled for 10+ hours in a dungeon because they don't know what they are doing.

There would also have to be gear checks to get into these queues, or it would simply just fall through entirely. I can guarantee you would be one of the problems in the groups, as you don't have gear, nor run the dungeons. It is much better having the community handle the grouping, not some tool for anti-social MMO players.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidrak View Post
    OP: Dungeon finder is a horrible idea. Get in a guild. Make friends, and group with them. It isn't hard. If you can't do that, delete your character and never play an MMO again. Pretty simple stuff here.

I want you to get banned and quit the game, as you are the type of player that has been ruining MMO's since day one. All this anti-social, "make being a ****** much easier" mechanics are just terrible for these games. My guess is neither of us will get what we want.

Also, with the difficulty of some fights, and most idiots using the dungeon finder having never done the dungeon before, this would be hell on earth with no vent/in game voice chat. Hell, implement it, so I can laugh at all the total noobs getting rolled for 10+ hours in a dungeon because they don't know what they are doing.

There would also have to be gear checks to get into these queues, or it would simply just fall through entirely. I can guarantee you would be one of the problems in the groups, as you don't have gear, nor run the dungeons. It is much better having the community handle the grouping, not some tool for anti-social MMO players.
    I heard raging makes your point valid. Total ******.
    This whole "make friends, join a guild or quit" crap doesn't make a lick of difference considering not everyone of your friends or guild mates are going to be on at your convenience. If you cant stomach that MMO's need to evolve to survive (Dungeon Finder tool), you might have to be the one that needs to get banned and quit.

It's not like T1/T2's are hard -_-
    Last edited by Mixel; 04-21-2011 at 07:30 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Vidrak View Post

You sound like someone who has nothing to do with their lives except play video games.
    For the casual player with a life that can't spend 5 hours a night in front of a video game a dungeon finder would be helpful. I've been lvl 50 for about 2 weeks now and have only done 2 expert dungeons. By the time I get off work and get home its after midnight EST, the guild members that are on are usually already in dungeon groups, so I spend the next hour or so spamming in 50 chat LFG while I do the stillmoor dailies and crafting dailies. If I don't find a group by then I log or do a couple warfronts.

I want a DF also, that way I can sell tank queues for 10p to avoid an hour wait.

Default not a good idea

I will tell you this Trion. If you implement DF tool (as you probably will) for about 90% players this game will go from awesome to mehhh just another wow-like game.

Be different and you'll succeed. Having a sense of comunity in a game is a bery big part of a game that WoW obviously missed to realize and so will you if you implement DF.

People will just sit and que for dungoens and high levels and that will eventually get boring and they will lose interest in the game.

This is what is killing Wow and the grim reaper of mmos has you in sight next if you go this path....

Good luck, i know i will probably cance my membership soon afterwards you implement this as will many others.

-just another MMORPG player over there

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by skaa198 View Post
    I will tell you this Trion. If you implement DF tool (as you probably will) for about 90% players this game will go from awesome to mehhh just another wow-like game.

Be different and you'll succeed. Having a sense of comunity in a game is a bery big part of a game that WoW obviously missed to realize and so will you if you implement DF.

People will just sit and que for dungoens and high levels and that will eventually get boring and they will lose interest in the game.

This is what is killing Wow and the grim reaper of mmos has you in sight next if you go this path....

Good luck, i know i will probably cance my membership soon afterwards you implement this as will many others.

-just another MMORPG player over there
    I think it's hilarious that so many people who are harping on the social aspect of an MMO apparently don't think they're mature enough to stay social and helpful in a dungeon finder scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Roctod View Post
    I think it's hilarious that so many people who are harping on the social aspect of an MMO apparently don't think they're mature enough to stay social and helpful in a dungeon finder scenario.
    Exactly. They want server community, as long as they're a captive audience. DF would still be an optional tool even if implemented. Don't like it? Don't use it. You won't lose access to anyone you'd want to run with anyway.
    Last edited by Uhtred; 04-21-2011 at 03:26 PM.

Soulwalker

the game needs a dungen finder but just one that you can list your class/roll in a list of t1/t2 dungens it just takes to long to get group some time and cbf looking at and spaming trade all night need a lfg if going to have a pve grind so casuals can get there dailys done i dout many would quit game over it

about 90% players this game will go from awesome to mehhh just another wow-like game.
    Interesting statistic.
    w w w . F A E L O R . c o m
    Administrator of Rift Seekers | [former] Guild Master of <Primal> | Administrator of Halcyon Affinity
    Rift Podcast | Rift Seekers is currently dormant for various reasons, thank you for understanding | Telerapedia

Quote Originally Posted by Faelor View Post
    Interesting statistic.
    Another one...

94% of people that are QQ ing for dungeon finder never played a game without one....So they got nothing to compare with

Have an awesome day

Soulwalker

Another one...

94% of people that are QQ ing for dungeon finder never played a game without one....So they got nothing to compare with

Have an awesome day

I thought WoW was the only game with a dungeon finder and I hated wow, not because of the dungeon finder but because of the gear based system that forces you to group like Rift has. UO, DAoC, Darkfall and Mortal Online are more suited toward my play style but I am enjoying Rift a lot except when I'm spending an hour of my time lfg. I just don't have that much time to waste.

Another one...

Have an awesome day
    100% of players who don't want dungeon finders kill puppies for fun.

See? Anybody can make up statistics. Unless you have something to back it up with you are just trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Morcova View Post
    100% of players who don't want dungeon finders kill puppies for fun.

See? Anybody can make up statistics. Unless you have something to back it up with you are just trolling.
    There is a solution better then dungeon finder for all you losers. Its called "Guilds" and "friends"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2 42 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 LastLast