+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: T2 Expert CC - Gronik

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5

    Default T2 Expert CC - Gronik

    Anyone know what to do on this fight? We tried killing both harpies but the stacking buff just got too high and our tank was pretty much unhealable.

    We tried zerging the boss down but one stun on the cleric and we were toast.

    Our composition was:
    Warrior - some sort of tank spec not particularly sure
    Cleric - Inquisitor DPS (me)
    Cleric - Max Warden
    Rogue - Bard
    Rogue - Bard/assassin/marksman all 3 specs available for him.

    Anyways, any help would be appreciated.
    "In an infinite universe, the one thing sentient life cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion."
    -Douglas Adams

  2. #2
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    233

    Default

    Bring a chloro/archon imo.

  3. #3
    Telaran Aleteh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Does anyone have some hints for this encounter? As it seems right now, it starts hitting incredibly hard fairly quick and we cant find a way to lower his damage
    Inglorious Basterds
    Whitefall EU PvP
    Aleteh - 50 Rogue
    5/5 GSB - 2/4 RoS - 4/4 GP

  4. #4
    Rift Chaser Jujus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    341

    Default

    Learn to do more dps.

  5. #5
    Rift Chaser Jujus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    341

    Default

    Zerg the boss, ignore harpies and coordinate cooldowns.
    Last edited by Jujus; 03-05-2011 at 06:43 PM.

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple Alektri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    117

    Default

    With a chloro and a cleric healer, the encounter was pretty trivial, actually. We killed the adds, thought it'd be easier that way. No deaths, clean one-shot; I strongly recommend a second healer.

  7. #7
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jujus View Post
    Zerg the boss, ignore harpies and coordinate cooldowns.
    Seems like it, you can get pretty unlucky though with getting hits for 4k right after each other. Feels somewhat random, but ye its doable.

  8. #8
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Take his reflect off

  9. #9
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kivik View Post
    Take his reflect off
    And you do this how? His reflection shield wears off within seconds anyways.

    The adds dont seem to get affected by their own abilities (stun aura), cant be interrupted. Buffs on gronik simply just keep on stacking and arent lost and are incremented when an add dies. It seems to be nothing but a race against time.

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple Coolstorybro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    162

    Default

    You have a mage consume the buff (can't remember what spec).

    We just zerged him down with a cleric and chloro healers, champ/paragon, mage. He got up to about 5 stacks of his buff you cannot remove before we downed him. At 5 stacks the tank got hit pretty hard (3-4k) I believe.

    Took us a while to figure out what to do.

    Also the next boss (genie boss) I have no idea what to do for the mechanics but we tanked him over by the next door and when the beams came out we jumped over them using the rock ramp. Made the fight really easy. Anyone know the true way to defeat him? We got what's her face down after two attempts after our 1st attempt the tank got lifted and tossed into the lava.

    Hope this helps.
    -csb
    Last edited by Coolstorybro; 03-08-2011 at 06:40 AM.

  11. #11
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coolstorybro View Post
    You have a mage consume the buff (can't remember what spec).

    We just zerged him down with a cleric and chloro healers, champ/paragon, mage. He got up to about 5 stacks of his buff you cannot remove before we downed him. At 5 stacks the tank got hit pretty hard (3-4k) I believe.

    Took us a while to figure out what to do.

    Also the next boss (genie boss) I have no idea what to do for the mechanics but we tanked him over by the next door and when the beams came out we jumped over them using the rock ramp. Made the fight really easy. Anyone know the true way to defeat him? We got what's her face down after two attempts after our 1st attempt the tank got lifted and tossed into the lava.

    Hope this helps.
    -csb
    We noticed something similar. It is either intentional (which is weird, because afterwards the fight is ehh w/e), or unintentional (and then I wonder how much dps a group should do, with 3 dps you can get him to like 25% and the lightbulbs already hit the edge before 140 seconds I believe, making the achievement rather trivial).

  12. #12
    Plane Walker Rockgod99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    444

    Default

    Seems like you need more Dps. Have your rogues try to maximize a little bit.
    Doing a little research on builds, Dps rotation, gear and macros goes a long way.

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple Coolstorybro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koffiegast View Post
    We noticed something similar. It is either intentional (which is weird, because afterwards the fight is ehh w/e), or unintentional (and then I wonder how much dps a group should do, with 3 dps you can get him to like 25% and the lightbulbs already hit the edge before 140 seconds I believe, making the achievement rather trivial).
    We tried actually dps-ing one of the orbs, switching the orbs to knock some if not all of their hp down a little but to no avail as Jultharin just healed them up. We figured that more would respawn making the chain break but we noticed after we used the strategy mentioned before, no new chains spawned. I believe it's supposed to be a dps race but since Gronik was one we figured that Trion was making a different mechanic.

    For Caelia the Stormtouched, we had her tanked in the middle with the ranged spread out as she throws a paralysis on one person that can chain and stuns you for about 3s. After a while she goes immune as usual and summons adds. You have to dps the adds asap as they do more dmg the longer they are up. Right after the adds she does he lightning thing in a clockwise direction (sometimes it bugged for us and she randomly hit sections to wipe us but almost always she went in a clockwise direction). The starting section of this ability is random from what I gathered. Right after her sectional lightning, she grabs everyone and lifts them in the air. After the spell is cast she throws you across the room back from her. This ability does about 2.5-3k damage so you got to have everyone healed up quickly. Another key thing about this fight is you have to have your back to a wall when she casts this ability. Failure to do so will result in people getting tossed into the lava pit below to their dooms. After this phase its rinse and repeat and eventually (for us it was like 5 minutes right before our shard went down) you'll get her down. We got her down after an hour of attempts and going into the boss fight we figured out exactly what you have to do after 1-2 attempts.

    I'm just posting this here as we tried to find info about these last 3 bosses and could only find Gronik's. I'm planning on posting a full dungeon guide for this place when I clear it more.

    -csb
    Last edited by Coolstorybro; 03-08-2011 at 08:23 AM.

  14. #14
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    380

    Default

    "mentioned strategy"?

    no new chains spawned?
    All I know there was only one major chain. And the whole fight seems to be as if this wasn't meant to be. Either way, the dps ppl have isnt enough to kill him right now and the achievement becomes a joke then, because you will have to kill him within that time anyways.

  15. #15
    Prophet of Telara TyrLith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koffiegast View Post
    And you do this how? His reflection shield wears off within seconds anyways.

    The adds dont seem to get affected by their own abilities (stun aura), cant be interrupted. Buffs on gronik simply just keep on stacking and arent lost and are incremented when an add dies. It seems to be nothing but a race against time.
    cleric purge



    also coordinate tank shield walls..

    make sure you have a ROGUE TANK for dodge
    or PALA tank for his 100% shield wall

    and have a healing cleric pop his pain supression when needed

    as for tanking

    im reaver atm

    im in full t1 and part t2 with 168 toughness and this baddie hits for 4k after 3 stacks, you want it dead ideally before the 4th stack applies

    ideally if you have a rogue have him get the 22 sec dmg reduct, so when the tank dies he can take it down a few more procentages
    Last edited by TyrLith; 03-09-2011 at 05:14 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts