+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rift Contribution Table

Rift Chaser

Default Rift Contribution Table

I couldn't find any topic in search or the first couple pages, I figured this subforum is the most appropriate for this matter.

That is, contribution to clearing a rift.

We all know, that healers can heal at unnecessary moments, even when a person is full, and get awarded for that. An argument for this being good is "to allow a healer to proactively start heals on the player as (s)he has the intention to keep the party up" and another is "so that people are willing to play healer". So far so good, but why are my 'intentions to deal damage' not being awarded? Or that I'm actually willing to deal damage so that we can actually clear a rift? Often enough, without my damage it would be impossible for the party to even get to stage 5 let alone clear it.

I'm simply baffled by the weirdness of the system.
    A necromancer was dealing very mediocre damage and only putting his dots on one target. I, however, dealt damage to every target and aoe'd with many 1200-1400s and pretty much solo'd the whole rift. I'm damn serious when I say that the necro didn't add anything to the table. His pet didn't even tank or even take damage. Yet, at the end of stage 5, the contribution table says: necro: 15000, me: 4000. It isn't even that I came to the rift during stage 3, I was there from the start and he came later. Probably he simply healed his pet or there is some other odd mechanic.

So, why are we damagedealers being awarded less? Even if it us who makes it possible to clear rift? Why do I get awarded less when I'm tanking every mob and dealing the most damage I can, than a cleric that could simply stick up two fingers and his nose and rolling his face around his keyboard to overheal everyone?

Anyone feeling the same?

Telaran

System works entirely by number of abilities you cast, nothing to do with HPS or DPS. I know its lame but in rifts I just summon pet and spam click rejuvenate (it doesnt even heal my pet as it recassts before it even ticks for the first heal) and always get maxed out gold.

System is stupid but at least its better than aion's contribution system was.
    Last edited by Mikesglory; 03-04-2011 at 05:37 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesglory View Post
    System works entirely by number of abilities you cast, nothing to do with HPS or DPS. I know its lame but in rifts I just summon pet and spam click rejuvenate (it doesnt even heal my pet as it recassts before it even ticks for the first heal) and always get maxed out gold.

System is stupid but at least its better than aion's contribution system was.
    If it's based on number of abilities I cast, then I doubt anyone would cast more than I do, unless there is an exploit. I only use macros and I cast every GCD 1-3 spells if not more.

Rift Disciple

The contribution system is broken.

To maximize your contribution:

Spam your fastest heal, buff, or damage spell on a target. I can sit at gold from beginning to end spamming just about anything as long as it doesn't have a real casting time. Priority wise I usually go dmg->heal->buff if I have multiples to pick from... but unless you have people crushing the rift so fast you don't have time to build, it's a moot discussion. It's just a measure of number of spells spammed.

(A couple 30s showing up at a level 15 rift for instance will pooch contribution)

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Koffiegast View Post
    If it's based on number of abilities I cast, then I doubt anyone would cast more than I do, unless there is an exploit. I only use macros and I cast every GCD 1-3 spells if not more.
    I should also note your spells have to affect someone who is currently in an "encounter" with the rift, if I stand next to the rift mob and spamskill my pet while it is heeled i get no contribution with it whatsoever, but if i spamskill it while it is engaged with a mob I do gain contribution.

Rift Chaser

bump
    10chasr

+ Reply to Thread