+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question for Healers/Tanks (Regarding DPS Allies)

Soulwalker

Default Question for Healers/Tanks (Regarding DPS Allies)

As a previous player of only tanks and healers in MMOs, I have decided to finally switch things up due to the many options presented in Rift. As a result, I can empathize with healers and tanks when they have less than cooperative or useful DPS in their party, especially with the increased difficulty presented in Rift.

My question is, what kind of calling, or souls in particular have you had the best time grouping with in dungeon content so far? By that I mean, which have consistently made the dungeons easier for you through means of CC, Buffs, and Utility? I am trying to decide on a single soul or two to level entirely through dungeons starting at 17+. Would really like some feedback from the tank and healer community on what souls you just love to see in your party, and why.

As far as DPS souls that are great to group with, from my experience as a Purif/Ward/Sent. Cleric a solid Bard or Chloromancer mix is absolutely fantastic to group with, as it helps solve my mana issues as well as healing issues. But really it comes down to the individual player. You have to ask yourself what you feel would be the most effective for who you are playing with, or what you actually want to play.

Soulwalker

I enjoy rogues. I've had great experiences with all of their souls. Bards keep the momentum going with their support heals. The others can sap and just seem to have higher sustained dps. Mages are nice for aoe but with a full group of mages I have to stop and let them mana up. Clerics seem to bring low dps.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Shoz View Post
    I enjoy rogues. I've had great experiences with all of their souls. Bards keep the momentum going with their support heals. The others can sap and just seem to have higher sustained dps. Mages are nice for aoe but with a full group of mages I have to stop and let them mana up. Clerics seem to bring low dps.
    On that note, I was already making preparation for a 51 point Bard build. I would use the extra 15 points to get BOTH saps from Assassin and Nightblade, apparently both can be used at once. It seems like a lot to keep up with at first without the use of macros, but anything to make the group move along is worthwhile.

Also considering a 51 point Archon with points left over for Dominator, and a high Dominator/low Archon build.

Soulwalker

Unless you want it for personal use, I wouldn't worry about 2x saps. Its neat at times but what I've found is that at appropriate level I don't need to cc anything. Especially if you have a healer plus bard, I just aoe pull everything.

+ Reply to Thread