+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: T-1 Expert Dungeons

Default T-1 Expert Dungeons

This isn't meant to be an in-depth, walkthrough of expert dungeons. It's just a quick reference guide to help people who are interested in hitting the first tier of expert dungeons figure out a general strategy. If you're wondering, yes, I have done them all. Yes, I have done them more than once. I've been lucky enough to be the main healer in the group that got the server firsts on all of them for my server.

Our group:
    - Warrior tank
    - Rogue dps or support
    - Mage dps or support
    - Cleric dps (caster)
    - Cleric healer

This is what worked for us, it is not the only way to do the instances and it certainly may not be the best way to do them, but it does work. ^.^

Iron Tombs
    - Broodmother Venoxas
    1. New boss
    2. As usual, keep her facing away from the group.
    3. She spawns adds so have the tank ready to pick them up. DPS can ignore them for the most part.
    4. When she runs away, make sure to LoS her to avoid the massive damage from her AoE.
    5. Other than that she's an easy tank-n-spank that can be solo healed if you have a decent healer.
    - Caor Ashtone
    1. Pretty much the same as standard mode, just with more health and more damage.
    2. Dispel debuffs off the tank as that makes healing infinitely easier.
    3. Again, tank-n-spank
    4. Provided you have a good dispeller, it can be easily solo healed.
    - Three Kings
    1. Again, same as standard mode
    2. We had our rogue go bard to help with the AoE damage (as cleric ae healing is horrid and inefficient)
    3. Make sure you interrupt the healer.
    - Bonelord Fetlorn
    1. New Boss
    2. LoS him (yes, even - no, especially - the tank) around the pillar whenever he emotes. (otherwise you get wicked de-buffs that spawn a crazy amount of adds)
    3. The extreme lack of damage makes this fight easy to solo heal.
    4. It can be done in around the pillar in his little room but we pulled him out into the open.
    - Ragnoth the Despoiler
    1. Yet again, same as standard
    2. Make sure everyone, even the tank, stands in the mage's protective circle (seems counter intuitive due to the boss's cleaves but it's easier to heal through that than boss damage plus AoE damage)
    3. Dispel the movement de-buff from anyone having troubles getting to the mage's protective circle.
    - Totek the Ancient
    1. New Boss
    2. Have the tank positioned up against a wall or tomb or pillar (to avoid being knocked all over the place).
    3. Boss will throw a tantrum and pummel the tank so be ready for spike damage.
    4. Every so often, the boss will randomly knock-back one of the dps doing a good bit of damage so keep everyone topped off.
    5. Possibly solo heal-able, but we had the bard for support.
    The rest are coming. Tis a process. ^.^
    Nymaeria < Hate > : Level 50 Eth Cleric (Sentinel/Warden/Justicar) on Briarcliff
    Rhendali < Hate > : Level 50 Eth Rogue (Riftstalker/Bladedancer/Ranger) on Briarcliff

King's Breach
    - Hunter Suleng
    1. Same as standard mode
    2. Solo heal-able
    - Ravalos
    1. Same as standard mode
    2. Stay out of the ground effect as it does a lot more damage
    3. Solo heal-able
    - Flesheaters Autoch and Mondrach
    1. Same as standard mode except it's both of them at once (sounds terrifying but it's not bad at all).
    2. Tank them in the crook in the tree to avoid knockback/charge damage.
    3. Can be solo healed with a really good healer, but it's pretty tough.
    - Shade Horror Phantasm
    1. Same as standard mode
    2. Had bard for support
    - Konstantin
    1. New Boss (and, imo, the best boss fight in the game)
    2. Spikes come out of areas in the floor, walls and pillars. There is warning before the spikes come out. They come out in a pattern and damage is easily avoidable.
    3. Dps and heals stand on the outer edge of one of the center circles so you can quickly move when you need to.
    4. Boss has a short range aura so the tank needs to be on the edge of a different circle to avoid aura damage to the rest of the group.
    5. Possibly solo heal-able but we had our bard for support.

Fall of Lantern Hook
    - Rorf
    1. Same as standard mode but with more cats
    2. Cats can be CC'd but they aren't hard to deal with if you don't.
    3. Can be solo healed
    - Pyromancer Cortilnald
    1. Same as standard mode
    2. NEED to avoid the flame pillars, they deal a crap-ton more damage (they might drain mana but as I avoided them like the plague, I'm not positive).
    3. Could be solo healed but we had the bard for support
    - Flamebringer Druhl
    1. New Boss
    2. Every 30 seconds or so he pulls the entire group into melee (unavoidable) and puts a nasty de-buff on everyone. Run out in different directions. When the de-buff ends it does splash damage that can be nasty if everyone is stacked.
    3. Dispel the tank asap as it does a LOT of damage.
    4. Probably solo heal-able but we had a bard for support.
    - Emberlord Ereetu
    1. Same as standard
    2. Make sure no one is too close to the crystals as they hurt more.
    3. Solo heal was best for us (but could be risky) so you can pump out enough damage to take the boss down before the platform is overwhelmed with crystals.
    - Oludare the Firehoof
    1. New Boss
    2. Oddly enough, I can't really remember this fight so I think it's safe to say it's not hard. >.<
    - Side Note
    1. After you kill Emberlord Ereetu, you talk to and follow the lady in the center of the platform. Maelforge is hanging out waiting for you, as are a bunch of mobs. Maelforge breathes fire so pull and kill quickly to avoid wiping to the fire.

Foul Cascade
    - Krasimir Barionov
    1. Same as standard
    2. Had mage go chloro for support heals
    - Matron Verosa
    1. Same as standard
    2. Mage for support heals
    - Surin Skenobar
    1. Same as standard
    2. Spread out
    3. Run away from the kegs she drops when she bounces around, they do AoE damage.
    4. Mage for support heals
    - Sparkwing
    1. New Boss
    2. Does an occasional PBAoE so we had everyone stay at range to minimize damage.
    3. Tank-n-spank
    4. Solo heal-able
    - Tephra Lord Maficros
    1. New Boss
    2. Fight him a good distance from the Queen to avoid pulling her.
    3. Drops a nasty ground effect that everyone needs to stay out of (throws you in the air, does damage, and puts a healing-recieved de-buff on you if you stand in it).
    4. Mage for support heals
    - Queen Vallnara
    1. Same as standard
    2. Mage for support heals

Realm of the Fae
    - Trickster Maelow
    1. Same as standard
    2. Solo heal-able
    - Luggodhan
    1. Same as standard except he puts out a lot more of the puddles you don't want to stand in.
    2. We found it easiest if we spread out so only one person would take damage when the puddle drops.
    3. We had a bard for support
    -Grand Apiarist Oban
    1. New Boss (and a major pain)
    2. He summons lots of adds from the hives on either side, tank needs to pick them up or they will wreck the healers/dps.
    3. Boss cleaves and does a wicked 5k stomp
    4. Had everybody stay in the corner with the tank/boss positioned at the nearest hive so he could pick up adds quickly.
    5. Focus the closest hive, AoE the adds, move to the further hive, AoE adds, focus hive, Kill boss.
    6. Mage for support heals
    - Battlemaster Atrophinius
    1. Same as standard except he does TONS more damage.
    2. Kill the two mobs first, then work on the boss.
    3. We cheesed it and had 3 heals (Bard, Chloro, Cleric).
    - Chillblains Winterfrost
    1. New Boss
    2. Tank-n-spank
    3. Avoid the vortexes of doom
    4. Careful not to run off the cliff
    5. Mage for support heals
    6. Some people in our group turned off 'fullscreen effects' to increase visibility
    - Fae Lord Twyl
    1. Same as standard except the swirling green crap does more damage and snares.
    2. Mage for support heals.
    Last edited by Rhendali; 03-03-2011 at 09:17 AM.
    Nymaeria < Hate > : Level 50 Eth Cleric (Sentinel/Warden/Justicar) on Briarcliff
    Rhendali < Hate > : Level 50 Eth Rogue (Riftstalker/Bladedancer/Ranger) on Briarcliff

NOTES:
    - Bard contributed quite a bit more to the overall dps of the group than chloro.
    - We had our rogue go bard when we knew there would be AoE damage that I'd need help healing through.
    - We had our mage go chloromancer when there was large spike damage and AoE damage as chloros have better reactive heals.
    - When I said "Same as standard mode" I'm assuming everyone understands that bosses in expert mode naturally have more health and do more damage.

Soulwalker

great thread, keep 'em coming!

Agreed, very well done. Thank you and I stole this information for my guild's forums. We have most of tier 1 down, but I love having everything written out for those of us coming into tier 1.
    The mind of a perfect man is like a mirror. It grasps nothing. It expects nothing. It reflects but does not hold. Therefore, the perfect man can act without effort.
    New battle theme for the awesome racial changes: Big bouncing Bhami, bravely bounding by bizarre beasts, before battle begins.

Rift Disciple

Nice thread. Go do Eliam and let me know if you still love Konstantin.

Hint: You won't, because Eliam is tuned like a mother****er. So good. so tight.

Soulwalker

Default what level does expert become available

just courios is it at 50 or is there some magic level u can do them ?

Quote Originally Posted by constiane View Post
    just courios is it at 50 or is there some magic level u can do them ?
    Expert dungeons are for lvl 50 only

to the OP: I used this information for our website aswell, so i can pinpoint our members to our forums to read up on the tactics. hope thats ok with you.

Regards,

Calzur
    (leader of <Wasted Souls> - Steampike shard)

Experts open at 50. I'd suggest clearing Abyssal Precipice and Charmers Caldera several times to pick up gear before attempting experts. It also really helps if the tank has at least 25 toughness (stat that reduces crit damage), it's a HUGE help.

It is fine by me that this gets shared on other forums. The whole point behind writing it all out was to help people have a strategy going into a fight if they wanted it. I really enjoyed just running in and figuring out on-the-fly what each boss was but a lot of people don't. And even people like me eventually get tired of wiping (though I got lucky, I think in the first day of runs we only had issues with 3 bosses [circa 4 wipes each on Bonelord Fetlorn, Grand Opiarist Oban and Battlemaster Atrophinius]).

I'm glad people are finding this helpful. Feel free to post the information wherever just please give me credit for writing it (ie. link to this thread, or even put a byline at the beginning/end of your post). Thanks.

PS. Don't think I'll be able to get a post up for tier 2 experts (at least not for a while) as my 3 dps have abandoned me and my tank to try and gear up their guildies and there aren't enough 50s yet on my server (at least, 50s that aren't warriors).
    Last edited by Rhendali; 03-04-2011 at 12:49 PM.

- Oludare the Firehoof
    New Boss
    1. He has a charge whom he uses on people too far away.
    2. He has a backwards cleave which one shots dps if they stand behind him
    3. He spawns 3 flame aoes on the ground at a time.
    4. Ideally you want to have healers and dps stand in the middle while the tank slowly drags it around them in a circle to avoid the cleave and charge.
    5. Rinse repeat the above

Just for the people that dont know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by Aleteh View Post
    - Oludare the Firehoof
    New Boss
    4. Ideally you want to have healers and dps stand in the middle while the tank slowly drags it around them in a circle to avoid the cleave and charge.

Ahh, yes, thanks. For the life of me I just couldn't remember that fight. ^.^ I would edit it into my post but Trion decided to only allow us the ability to edit within 5 minutes of making the post.

Odd "feature" to add if you ask me lol. Do you have any intentions of making one for the T2 dungeons?
    Inglorious Basterds
    Whitefall EU PvP
    Aleteh - 50 Rogue
    5/5 GSB - 2/4 RoS - 4/4 GP

Shadowlander

Some things to add to each of these:
    -Grand Apiarist Oban

1. New Boss (and a major pain)
    2. He summons lots of adds from the hives on either side, tank needs to pick them up or they will wreck the healers/dps.
    3. Boss cleaves and does a wicked 5k stomp
    4. Had everybody stay in the corner with the tank/boss positioned at the nearest hive so he could pick up adds quickly.
    5. Focus the closest hive, AoE the adds, move to the further hive, AoE adds, focus hive, Kill boss.
    6. Mage for support heals
    The adds spawn exactly every 16 seconds for the entire fight (2 from each living hive).

- Chillblains Winterfrost

1. New Boss
    2. Tank-n-spank
    3. Avoid the vortexes of doom
    4. Careful not to run off the cliff
    5. Mage for support heals
    6. Some people in our group turned off 'fullscreen effects' to increase visibility
    The vortexes are predictable - someone will get an 8 second debuff (that I can't remember the name of) that when it fades, the vortex will spawn wherever that player is. We just had the person who got it run out of the group, and tanked him in a central location

Quote Originally Posted by Rhendali View Post
    - Battlemaster Atrophinius
    1. Same as standard except he does TONS more damage.
    2. Kill the two mobs first, then work on the boss.
    3. We cheesed it and had 3 heals (Bard, Chloro, Cleric).
    Where the **** do I tank this mother ****er?

We wiped on this guy probably 15x, one time got him to 50% but our healer ran out of mana. I tank him up against the rock next to his hut, but he always aoe knocks back everyone and then charges whoever gets out in a certain range, and sometimes our healer insta dies because he gets charged twice.

Can anyone tell me the positioning with this guy?

What we run:
    Warrior Tank
    2x Warrior Dps
    Bard
    Ward

We only have warrior dps maxed...so yeah. Cleared IT fine.
    Last edited by Silidons; 03-05-2011 at 06:13 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Aleteh View Post
    - Oludare the Firehoof
    New Boss

Had a really rough time with this guy yesterday. He has a frontal cleave as well and was seeming to just randomly turn towards the party and 1 shot someone (could of been an agrro problem with pull though). Any additional tips would be helpful =).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast