+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Difficulty "hype" where's the challenge?

Soulwalker

Default Difficulty "hype" where's the challenge?

I know that there's a similar thread but since I am refering to endgame content I decided to make a new thread.

So I myself am just on the edge of reaching level 50, so I don't base this on personal experience, merely basing it on what my guildies have accomplished together with a few players from a couple of other guilds.

Anyway when I initially heard about the endgame PvE plan I must admit I was pretty thrilled, especially after trying the beta and seeing how bosses in the lower level dungeons had various mechanics and ablities. I still think the dynamic dungeons is absolutely excelent but I'm alittle disappointed in how easy the expert tier dungeons seem to be.
    For instance only one day after reaching level 50 a guildy of mine, together with four other players who he had never really grouped with before, managed to clear all the tier 1 expert dungeons, one day later they took down atleast two of the tier 2 (possibly more, I went off relaively early yesterday). Anyhow according to Trion you needed to fully gear yoursel in the normal 50 dungeons, then move onto expert tier 1, clear them for full grear (meaning atleast a good few days) to THEN move onto tier 2 - but at the end of the day it seems that only one or two days after hitting 50 boom tier 2 experts relatively easy taken down.

Now don't get me wrong cause this really isn't a whine post I just sincerely hope that both the raid rifts and especially the raiding content will be harder to accomplish and if not then please do concider making expert raids and make em real challenging. I think it's geat and all that you guys at Trion got new raiding content coming out shortly after release but if the content is a complete walkover I'd rather have you release content slower and make it more of a challenge and I'm sure the majority of "good PvE'ers" would agree with me.

Again not a whine post, merely a difficulty concern. If you got anything to add or discuss feel free to post it here. Cheers!

Soulwalker

I completely missed the "Greenscale world 1st" thread but I believe my concerns in the thread weren't without reasoning after seeing it.

We don't want WoW WoTLK like walkover PvE content Trion you promised several of hours per boss / that the current content would occupy players for weeks, so jump in there and tune up the expert difficulty atleast + add raiding expert options pretty please !

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Daxt View Post
    I completely missed the "Greenscale world 1st" thread but I believe my concerns in the thread weren't without reasoning after seeing it.

We don't want WoW WoTLK like walkover PvE content Trion you promised several of hours per boss / that the current content would occupy players for weeks, so jump in there and tune up the expert difficulty atleast + add raiding expert options pretty please !
    /facepalm This is what you you get for rushing to 50....from what I've been hearing difficulty is fine...I'm sorry but I have a tough time believing you cleared all tier 1 in one day and all of tier 2 in a second day. As they say..pics or it didn't happen. Especially with a PUG. So if you have cleared them I expect to see videos of the expert and raid rifts in the next couple of days right..

I seriously doubt Trion is going to be tuning dungeon based on the first people to 50. Raids maybe but not expert dungeons. They will likely wait till a larger percentage of players and guilds get to 50 and give feedback on the encounters. So far I haven't seen any feedback of any kind that goes into depth on what the encounters are like so if you want them easier or harder you aren't helping them at all.

This is why rushing to 50 is a bad idea. I've always felt that way and I still do.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    /facepalm This is what you you get for rushing to 50....from what I've been hearing difficulty is fine...I'm sorry but I have a tough time believing you cleared all tier 1 in one day and all of tier 2 in a second day. As they say..pics or it didn't happen. Especially with a PUG. So if you have cleared them I expect to see videos of the expert and raid rifts in the next couple of days right..

I seriously doubt Trion is going to be tuning dungeon based on the first people to 50. Raids maybe but not expert dungeons. They will likely wait till a larger percentage of players and guilds get to 50 and give feedback on the encounters. So far I haven't seen any feedback of any kind that goes into depth on what the encounters are like so if you want them easier or harder you aren't helping them at all.

This is why rushing to 50 is a bad idea. I've always felt that way and I still do.
    I don't really know why you feel the need to see a screenshot when I tell you these people cleared the dungeon, then they did. I'm not talking about the raiding stuff initially I'm refering to the 5-man content and how it's alot easier than I atleast personally anticipated and cleared alot faster than what Trion themselves thought it would be as well. Whether you believe me or not doesn't really mean anything to me, Trion can see the "achievements" in their database and be able to verify my concerns, I'm merely bringing it to their attention hoping they'll look into it

Ascendant

I don't really know why you feel the need to see a screenshot when I tell you these people cleared the dungeon, then they did. I'm not talking about the raiding stuff initially I'm refering to the 5-man content and how it's alot easier than I atleast personally anticipated and cleared alot faster than what Trion themselves thought it would be as well. Whether you believe me or not doesn't really mean anything to me, Trion can see the "achievements" in their database and be able to verify my concerns, I'm merely bringing it to their attention hoping they'll look into it
    Everyone else on the other threads is saying otherwise which is why I am having a hard time believing you. Just go read a few other threads. And I'm talking about people from Addiction and other top guilds saying that expert content is NOT easy and that most average players trying to PUG it are going to have a really tough time. Sounds like everything is fine to me.

I know that there's a similar thread but since I am refering to endgame content I decided to make a new thread.

So I myself am just on the edge of reaching level 50, so I don't base this on personal experience, merely basing it on what my guildies have accomplished together with a few players from a couple of other guilds.

Anyway when I initially heard about the endgame PvE plan I must admit I was pretty thrilled, especially after trying the beta and seeing how bosses in the lower level dungeons had various mechanics and ablities. I still think the dynamic dungeons is absolutely excelent but I'm alittle disappointed in how easy the expert tier dungeons seem to be.
    For instance only one day after reaching level 50 a guildy of mine, together with four other players who he had never really grouped with before, managed to clear all the tier 1 expert dungeons, one day later they took down atleast two of the tier 2 (possibly more, I went off relaively early yesterday). Anyhow according to Trion you needed to fully gear yoursel in the normal 50 dungeons, then move onto expert tier 1, clear them for full grear (meaning atleast a good few days) to THEN move onto tier 2 - but at the end of the day it seems that only one or two days after hitting 50 boom tier 2 experts relatively easy taken down.

Now don't get me wrong cause this really isn't a whine post I just sincerely hope that both the raid rifts and especially the raiding content will be harder to accomplish and if not then please do concider making expert raids and make em real challenging. I think it's geat and all that you guys at Trion got new raiding content coming out shortly after release but if the content is a complete walkover I'd rather have you release content slower and make it more of a challenge and I'm sure the majority of "good PvE'ers" would agree with me.

Again not a whine post, merely a difficulty concern. If you got anything to add or discuss feel free to post it here. Cheers!
    About the gear requirements, top tier guilds in WoW do the same thing. Gear requirements are the average player. When world first guilds down bosses they are usually if not always somewhat undergeared unless the encounter is a gear check.

Tier 1 experts are definitely doable 1 day after hitting 50, I think we've cleared 3 of them.

Tier 2 however is on a completely different level and I do not see how you already did those.
    To play safe, I prefer to accept only one type of power: the power of art over trash, the triumph of magic over the brute

Soulwalker

Default Not that it has anything to do with the context...

Must be nice to have time to fly up to 50 in a week's time... no job/school/family I guess... Well that's my wimpy trolling effort for the day.

Rift Disciple

People who are hitting level-50 this week are not the average players. They are players with a lot of spare time. They understand the new game mechanics in Rift quickly. They can figure out things quickly, without help from guides or websites or in-game addons. I bet most of them have been excellent raiders in WoW for years.

These are not your average players. And I bet they have the best questing gear, with decent enchants, etc. If these players would have any problems clearing the 5-man dungeons, then the average player would not stand a chance. Note, 5-man content is probably "end-game" for the average player for the next 6 months. Or how long it will take Trion to release the next tier/wave of 5-man expert dungeons.

You must understand that most content will be balanced for the average player. Only very little content (like the latest 20-man raid dungeon) will be made hard. Maybe.

If you want a real challenge, with good rewards, go to University. Get a degree. if you find that easy, get 3 degrees. The rewards of being a lawyer, doctor or engineer will blow you away.
    Last edited by Gryz; 03-03-2011 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pivan View Post
    Tier 1 experts are definitely doable 1 day after hitting 50, I think we've cleared 3 of them.

Tier 2 however is on a completely different level and I do not see how you already did those.
    Thank you.

Pentium 2 800mhZ CPU
    Wth is a video card??
    186 RAM Stick..
    A computer box.. tower
    A pretty small Hard drive.

Rift Disciple

Its the very first Tier so far, its suppose to be enry level. If they made it so difficult you wiped 10 times on a T1 expert, how hard would they have to make the last Tier Experts to keep inline?

The difficulty for entry level expert dungeons and raids should be doable with skilled group gear people. Remember, 99.99% of us that are already lvl 40+ less then a week into the game have experience way beyond what is required of a entry level expert dungeon. Dont forget that not everyone is us, and not everyone, and majority I would say, would find T1 Expert very challenging once they get there later this month.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Gryz View Post
    People who are hitting level-50 this week are not the average players. They are players with a lot of spare time. They understand the new game mechanics in Rift quickly. They can figure out things quickly, without help from guides or websites or in-game addons. I bet most of them have been excellent raiders in WoW for years.

These are not your average players. And I bet they have the best questing gear, with decent enchants, etc. If these players would have any problems clearing the 5-man dungeons, then the average player would not stand a chance. Note, 5-man content is probably "end-game" for the average player for the next 6 months. Or how long it will take Trion to release the next tier/wave of 5-man expert dungeons.

You must understand that most content will be balanced for the average player. Only very little content (like the latest 20-man raid dungeon) will be made hard. Maybe.

If you want a real challenge, with good rewards, go to University. Get a degree. if you find that easy, get 3 degrees. The rewards of being a lawyer, doctor or engineer will blow you away.
    Well said

I can assure you, the content is not a walk over, pugs won't be able to do it for a loong time, believe me. The players who are getting the World First Kills are in Guild from Alpha.

Guild Leader of Reborn.
    Steampike-EU.
    -Disbanded-

+ Reply to Thread