+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dungeon, Rift & Raid difficulty

Default Dungeon, Rift & Raid difficulty

I'm a little disappointed seeing all these threads about downing bosses. From my experience as a 31, dungeon bosses are boring, tank and spank. I literally fell asleep half way through FC yesterday. I enjoy the design and all but the boss encounters are lacking real bad. Then some dude comes and gets a kill on Expert difficulty, please tell me that Expert difficulty is the easiest difficulty you can do because as it stands it reminds me of WotLK Heroics, because they were utterly easy. What I liked about Cataclysm was that heroics/raids were actually hard, though I quit because I was simply over WoW in general.

I'm not 50 yet so I can't say for sure, but please Trion.. My experience has been enjoyable so far (besides dungeons and rifts that are obviously easy and boring encounters) please increase dthe cifficulty and add or remake encounters so they are more challenging/interesting.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by XxpeddyxX View Post
    I'm a little disappointed seeing all these threads about downing bosses. From my experience as a 31, dungeon bosses are boring, tank and spank. I literally fell asleep half way through FC yesterday. I enjoy the design and all but the boss encounters are lacking real bad. Then some dude comes and gets a kill on Expert difficulty, please tell me that Expert difficulty is the easiest difficulty you can do because as it stands it reminds me of WotLK Heroics, because they were utterly easy. What I liked about Cataclysm was that heroics/raids were actually hard, though I quit because I was simply over WoW in general.

I'm not 50 yet so I can't say for sure, but please Trion.. My experience has been enjoyable so far (besides dungeons and rifts that are obviously easy and boring encounters) please increase dthe cifficulty and add or remake encounters so they are more challenging/interesting.
    You are level 30...And several people doing the expert dungeons have said they are very challenging so you don't have anything to worry about. And the last boss of FC is certainly not tank and spank so I think you are trolling.

normal dungeons are piss easy

Expert dungeons require gear, coordination, and skill in most fights. If you fall asleep in a T2 fight you'll likely end up a smear.

The normal instances in this game are harder then WoW's heroics at least, but yeah I can't wait for things to get harder :>

Rift Disciple

I hope Trion's idea of "hard" does not equal more damage flying around. As a healer, I get tired of that philosophy and only makes our life a living hell. I'd like to see more puzzles, coordination, reaction timing...etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Avae View Post
    I hope Trion's idea of "hard" does not equal more damage flying around. As a healer, I get tired of that philosophy and only makes our life a living hell. I'd like to see more puzzles, coordination, reaction timing...etc.
    It is more damage, but much of it can be avoided. So, (in many cases) it's only more damage if people aren't paying attention.
    "This server is going to be Gnarly, man."
    "We have enough cloth and wood to pitch a tent."

Quote Originally Posted by Avae View Post
    Yeah, healing doesn't seem easy in this game. I actually have to use my cooldowns in a dungeon.

Rift Disciple

Actually I can't confirm that dungeons are that easy. Yeah a lot of them are at most just tank or healer intensive and serve boredom to the rest but there are a few exceptions. As for experts they also aren't really hardcore, true but they need some coordination and knowledge of your character.

As for endgame rifts... Well, I have tried so far only group rifts all of them except air and water. I agree that they need a lot of work. Pretty much dull event spawned and loot also not really amasing. Can't really see many reasons why ppl would want to do them. Hopefully raid rifts are better.
    Cyrus guild

Cyrus topic on Rift forums
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...cated-members!

I wouldn't say Expert Dungeons are easy. Consider it a miracle if you can even get through one with a pug. They may not be overly and extremely difficult to some, but there are plenty of fights that have given my groups a run for their money.

Soulwalker

Default Anyone would compare the instances Rift vs Guildwars?

yeah, I played over 3-4 years guildwars and did all of the instances and stuff and I would like someone give me a hint on differences in betweens rift and guildwars for difficulty (teamworking) caus guildwars required precises teams build?

Whatever. I am almost done downloading, will see what happens next ;D.
    Last edited by Yoan Rift; 03-16-2011 at 09:24 PM.

Telaran

As far as instances, all of the normal ones are pretty is easy, which they should be I mean considering new people need to get used to their classes and learn how to work as a group. The only normal instances where groups might run into problems with are CC and AP.

For experts, there are two levels, T1 and T2, T1 isnt toooooo hard, there are definite dps/tank/healer checks but overall as long as you got a grp that doesnt fall asleep during the fights you are going to be fine (there are lots of ground aoe's and aoe's in general that you need to get out of or you get owned).

T2 can be really hard, there is a lots of movement, cleansing, LoS'ing, and dps checks.

As far as raids I havent tried them yet so not sure but they are but from what I've heard they are no cake walk.

As far as rifts go, expert and raid rifts are kinda a joke. Sure I mean if you go at an expert rift with the 5 people or a raid rift with only 10 people it would bring some difficulty to them. However because you can bring however many guildies you want, then random pugs from around the zone can join, just makes it so you are vastly out numbering the content and makes it a cake walk.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Gromph View Post

Expert dungeons require gear, coordination, and skill in most fights. If you fall asleep in a T2 fight you'll likely end up a smear.
    This statement is inaccurate. Experts are trivial beyond the need for gear and the correct spec.

ssN's Boss Video Repository.
    Every boss in the game.
    1080p.
    Multiple POVs.
    What more could you want?

Rift raids scale with the amount of players. If you have 50 random people from outside of the raid helping, you'll wipe.
    You're Pro or You're a Noob, that's life.

Officer of Fatality!

They are not "hard", but they are challenging. Hard to me is when the NPC has several unfair gimped advantages. Experts require intuition and proper technique. They are definitely more challenging than WoW heroics.

I love playing Bard, but I think it is easy but even in experts you are somewhat challenged as a Bard. Your buffs needs to stay up, you need to constantly be pop finishers and know when to go hard dps when needed. You need to watch you healer and support him/her. There are a lot of buttons you need to press if you want to justify taking a slot that otherwise goes to a hard dps, perhaps one with better CC than you.

Rift Chaser

So OK a few questions and I apologize for comparing to WoW, but folks its my only real experience I can draw on to compare.

1) Heroics or expert Instances.

How hard are they in relationship to WoW level 85 heroics - assuming you are mostly blue amour and weaponed

2) Standard level 50 Instances

As (1) above

3) Guild raids in a group of 20, (the instanced ones)

Could someone compare that with say doing ICC in T9 armor and equipment

Grateful for some guidance folks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast