+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Please do NOT add a dungeon finder..

Default Please do NOT add a dungeon finder..

The older UO, EQ, DAoC players I think would agree with me that...

We do not want to go back to a "wow" dungeon concept were everything is rush "go go go". I want to get back to were it matters how you act in a group because your always going to be playing with those that are on your server. Where ******s get black listed and great players are server famous, where you get to know the community as a whole. Not a bunch of epeens running around server xfering and name changing every time they ninja something.

Dungeon finder with a cross shard ability will ruin the personal aspect of this game, the soul point of playing an MMO is to play with hundreds of other PEOPLE. The idea back in the day of MMO's was team work and cooperation, not this "Gear Score" epeen fest its mutated into.

Plane Touched

please stop trying to screw the player base out of a nice quality of life tool because you had bad experience in WoW.

Tbh after doing the T1 and T2 experts I can safely say they can add an LFG tool if they like. Mainly because...

Majority of people won't kill **** in experts. CY@~
    Last edited by Vexxe; 03-02-2011 at 07:37 AM.
    Vexxe
    Level 50 DPS Warrior
    Co-Leader of <Insert Coin>

My other computer is an abacus.

Quote Originally Posted by tibot View Post
    please stop trying to screw the player base out of a nice quality of life tool because you had bad experience in WoW.
    Beta tested wow, played all the way through cata. My play time through wow was great until the end, dungeon finder is not a quality of life tool. If you dont have the time to be playing a MMO, you should be finding a different type of game.

MMO's are designed to be played with a player base, a community that works together to form a economy, lore, and "world". This is done through player to player interaction, If you bring a tool into the game that removes the need to speak to one another then it kills the main purpose of the game.

A dungeon finder would be fine as long as they don't do a thing where there is a daily dungeon you are almost obligated to do to get something equiviallant to valor points.

A Dungeon Finder is a must, consider it a necessary evil if you will but it will be of more use than harm.

Right now the majority of in-game chat is people spamming LFG/LFM/LFD - they rarely specify what they need or even what levels are involved so most of the resulting interactions are awkward and some rude.
    Oh and one personal gripe "We need a Mage" is appearing all the time: I don't know if they think they are playing classic WoW still where people needed CC but it's nonsense. Any group of 5 filling the roles and who can play their character should be able to run the Dungeons at this time - that for me is a big draw and in a recent interview with the "Dynamic Content Lead" he said his Expert Dungeon group was a Rogue Tank, Bard Ranged DPS, Mage Healer and 2 Clerics Melee DPS - and they were succeeding despite this completely unorthodox setup. I love that, and I hope it continues.

A tool to form groups is a absolutely going to benefit the majority.
    Now sure in terms of immersion I am not advocating it will then teleport you into the desired Dungeon so easily but it will beat the endless spam and classist nonsense.

Tank (Warrior, Rogue or Cleric)
    Healer (Cleric or Chloro - could do with Bards gaining more tank healing...)
    3 DPS (any)

Done

Anyway if you don't like LFD don't use it - people in Dungeon Running Guilds can carry on easily forming groups without it.

Soulwalker

As someone who used to play MUDs, and whose first experience with an MMO was the UO beta test, I strongly disagree with the OP. While I don't like the current Dungeon Finder system in WoW, an interface where people can tag themselves as LFG for certain things, and groups can tag themselves as LFM for certain things is a must IMO. No modern MMO should be without such a system.

Quote Originally Posted by Intruder313 View Post
    A Dungeon Finder is a must, consider it a necessary evil if you will but it will be of more use than harm.

Right now the majority of in-game chat is people spamming LFG/LFM/LFD - they rarely specify what they need or even what levels are involved so most of the resulting interactions are awkward and some rude.
    Oh and one personal gripe "We need a Mage" is appearing all the time: I don't know if they think they are playing classic WoW still where people needed CC but it's nonsense. Any group of 5 filling the roles and who can play their character should be able to run the Dungeons at this time - that for me is a big draw and in a recent interview with the "Dynamic Content Lead" he said his Expert Dungeon group was a Rogue Tank, Bard Ranged DPS, Mage Healer and 2 Clerics Melee DPS - and they were succeeding despite this completely unorthodox setup. I love that, and I hope it continues.

Now sure in terms of immersion I am not advocating it will then teleport you into the desired Dungeon so easily but it will beat the endless spam and classist nonsense.

3 DPS (any)

Done

Anyway if you don't like LFD don't use it - people in Dungeon Running Guilds can carry on easily forming groups without it.
    I can see your point, and I have witnessed some of these events taking place. The happy medium I would like to think that trion is working at would be to use a LFD tool that is NOT cross shard. At least then you still have to play with your servers population and it does not become the emotionless event that dungeon running is in wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghyst View Post
    I can see your point, and I have witnessed some of these events taking place. The happy medium I would like to think that trion is working at would be to use a LFD tool that is NOT cross shard. At least then you still have to play with your servers population and it does not become the emotionless event that dungeon running is in wow.
    I agree, did so many dungeons where people wouldnt type one thing the entire run, answer what you ask them, or be a loot ninja just because they can be with really no reprimand to them. Would be kinda cool to have an LFD in the same shard. If it fails, open it up across shards.

Telaran

I really think you should think twice before wishing for something.

What would a quick LFG tool give?
    -Quick Dungeons
    -Can play with people across the shards

What problems would a LFG tool cause?
    -Way more ninjalooting and off-spec infront of main spec problems.
    -Since you're not on the other players shard, they don't care about you and they can just go AFK for some time, play like crap etc..
    -The system could get people who's doing their job kicked because their the same calling as someone else who wants the loot from last boss.
    -You will NOT get close to players and make friends.

Putting in a system like this would hurt the shard communities alot. People don't know who you are, they don't care since they can play with randoms in dungeons and you can't built yourself a good reputation that may allow you into guilds at a later point.

Telaran

I agree with OP never really enjoyed the dungeon finder ability. Took away from the mmo feel of actually having to know people and pay attention to get groups going. However I kinda feel like this LFG tool will be added in the future but Trion if you read this please, please, please, PLEASE! Don't make the LFG cross server. I could not stand that crap when WoW did it.

Soulwalker

will i agree with the first poster.
    MOTHER BOARD: GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-UD2H, CPU: AMD PHENOM II X6 1090T, MEMORY: 4 GB DRR 2 800 6400 EL SERIES GAMEING RAM, VIDEO CARD: XFX ATI RADOEN HD 5830 SERIES, OS WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64 BIT

Shadowlander

Default Dungeon Finder is already coming whether you like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Intruder313 View Post

3 DPS (any)

Done

Per the roundtable discussion with the head developers on the RIFT podcast (See Monday, prior to headstart, or Zam article regarding this.), Trion Worlds inc. has already stated that they WILL (Not might, WILL) be adding a Dungeon Finder (LFD) Tool. The only uncertainty now is whether it would be cross server, or single shard. This renders a thread like this pointless, the decision has been made. I will reserve any further judgement on the topic though until we actually see what they do beyond that.

Soulwalker

In light of the last post just do not add cross-server. I forgot how awesome it was having a solid group of people you could just hit up and have smooth dungeon runs together, and making friends at the same time.

Soulwalker

I want a dungeon finder, Just not cross shard. Or some kinda of feature that is easy to look for ppl, instead of spammin chats; which is a terrible terrible thing to do.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast