+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Attention Trion!!!! I would like to be a Rifter again.

Default Attention Trion!!!! I would like to be a Rifter again.

In Beta players used to form rifting parties and run through a zone clearing everything for nice Xp. As the rifts died down we would disband and go quest.

Playing like this on pvp servers really opened up the game for truly epic conflicts.

With the Xp nerf/change do you realize what you've done?

People are hardly Rifting, they prefer quest stacking and dungeons over forming parties because rifts simply "aren't worth the effort".

Hardly anyone clearing rifts has lead to diminished world pvp and basically turned Rift into a basic mmo.

Please Trion I was proud to be a rifter. Return the rift protium of that game back to beta levels, let us focus on rifting again!!!!

I love this game but if people aren't going to rift... What's the point of staying?

Is this game not called Rift? Shouldn't you want us to focus on playing together and clearing them?

I personally have to disagree at least on the Seastone server. We rift and do invasions all the time. I get most of my levels from invasions.

But yes I do wish there was more open world pvp intensive. Like maybe the first to close a huge colossal rift gets a 1-2 hour special buff ( like say 1% more gold or something) and its fought over between both sides to see who closes it first. It can even had lore bits in it for who ever gets the item that was used to open the rift by the dragon cult.

Well, I feel sorry for your server, but the people on Ashstone love closing rifts. In fact, I was thrilled to run through the Gorge with a full raid closing every rift, killing every roaming invasion we could find on the map. And when it was over, we disbanded and went about business as usual.
    Whenever the 'big names' spawn from an event, almost everyone on the map is rushing to down it.
    ~ Luxi, Eth Stormcaller

Quote Originally Posted by Nysidra View Post
    Well, I feel sorry for your server, but the people on Ashstone love closing rifts. In fact, I was thrilled to run through the Gorge with a full raid closing every rift, killing every roaming invasion we could find on the map. And when it was over, we disbanded and went about business as usual.
    Whenever the 'big names' spawn from an event, almost everyone on the map is rushing to down it.

Most people do the big zone wide events. Back in beta we would clear everything and now we get a big "it's not worth it".

Last night I cleared about eight minor rifts myself and got to watch major rifts despawn or be left alone entirely. I think if the Xp rewards were returned that more people would join in and in turn we would have more pvp around rifts.

I like the questing in the game I just think it shouldn't be the focus because it's just better.

From my testing the best ways to level are in this order Grinding (6-8 kills matches 1 quests Xp reward), Dungeons, Questing, Warfronts, Rifts & world pvp. For a game that's called Rift that makes me sad.

Telaran

Lots of rifting and PVP going on Reclaimer server .. you must be on a bad server.

+1

rifts need to have a burst on the xp .. it's just worthless to do while u lvl, just for the souls and some stones it is worth

Soulwalker

I think to many people (maybe even trion, I dont know) Have their heads stuck in the "Questing should be the only viable levelling in a successful mmo".

I would love to see an mmo that said, "here is the questing way to 50, but if that gets a bit old, you can use this way or this way or this way. theyre all the same speed so its up to you"

bumping the rift xp up a bit would encourage that. They just have to play with it a bit and find a happy medium I guess.

(BTW I know that dungeons are also a good way to level, I'm just saying I havent seen an mmo yet that the developers say "questing is for questers, you dont really HAVE to do it")

K, thats my 2 cents, now everyone tell me why im wrong i guess.

+ Reply to Thread