+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: dungeon finder

Soulwalker

Talking dungeon finder

Ok well this isnt Wow,a dungeon finder will make the game way to easy,easy is for kids and this isnt a noob game,anyone else with me.

Telaran

They need to add a dungeon finder but a non cross server one. LFG in chat for a dps class is ******ed. Some ppl just dont get the concept that dps classes seem to have a hard time to get a grp.. So i would love to see a LFD but not a cross server.. Idiots need to be accountable for there actions.
    Knights of Marr is Recruiting all classes/specs and levels. Please visit our forums at www.knightsofmarr.friendhood.net , and post something in the application section.

Shadowlander

Under normal ciscumstances, I would believe a dungeon finder takes away the spirit of adventuring in MMORPG by eliminating the time to find group and traveling to the dungeon. Unfortunately for some of us who have to work (some even with family), we get only a few hours at best to play during the weekdays if any. I've had trouble finding group as well most of the time, and a dungeon finder will definately help eliminate the downtime of spamming LFG message.

Soulwalker

Yeah, I agree with Wazabi. Sometimes you just -don't- have the time, like me. I have a very strict schedule I make myself follow.

Soulwalker

Bump, more people need to see and agree/disagree to this.

I would have to agree with Wazabi also, however one must also consider that without a dungeon finder it promotes player-player interaction in order to propagate the community.
    What I noticed with the development of such tools in World of Warcraft, was that the player-player interaction dropped and that player's demeanor plumented, because lets face it... They didn't "have" to be nice. The purpose of guilds was limited to raiding and the guild rewards in the recent expansion, the community as a whole hurt through convenience.
    Friendship, community, adventure and gamplay is what makes a player come back to whatever world is created not convenience. If it was convenience a player wanted, one would continue play console games where strong gameplay and absolute convenience are king. Games like this offer far more and thats why we're all here, although Blizzard brought a mmo to the masses they lost a lot in doing so and Rift has an excellent balance right now. I feel that sense of adventure again and Trion will have to tread lightly in the direction they take when it comes to the balance of promoting the community and promoting convenience.

Plane Touched

Dungeon finders are not needed. There is system wide chat for your level range.

Quote Originally Posted by blackmecha View Post
    Ok well this isnt Wow,a dungeon finder will make the game way to easy,easy is for kids and this isnt a noob game,anyone else with me.
    While I wouldnt put it that way...

I agree with this OP idea, I do not want to see the my server community go to **** because no one has to act like a decent person. Dungeon finder will do nothing but promote the "go go go" type game play and will cause server interaction to degrade to nothing but mindless banter.

I found my self shocked the other night because I saw a player in GENERAL chat apologize for a message spam. That single event gives me hope for the future of this game and Trion worlds, to have the sence of adventure back and the chance to meet players that will be on my server for years to come is awesome. I dont want to lose that because a bunch of players with the wrong idea of a MMO's purpose want to do nothing but farm dungeons with people they will never speak to.

Soulwalker

Well sorry to say but they need to add at least a drop down list what you can join to find a group. Cos at 23 i was trying to find a group to do DD i didn't get a group till i was level 28.
    Due to work i have random times i can be logged on. At the end of the day it is a tool and with any thing u can choose to use it or not so i don't see why there is a problem with a tool.
    True i don't want what wow has now but would like some thing that was in before the new find a group auto make a group and auto port to instance.
    I want a list system that we can join and browse rather that /w players asking if they can heal or tank a instance.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Wazabi View Post
    Under normal ciscumstances, I would believe a dungeon finder takes away the spirit of adventuring in MMORPG by eliminating the time to find group and traveling to the dungeon. Unfortunately for some of us who have to work (some even with family), we get only a few hours at best to play during the weekdays if any. I've had trouble finding group as well most of the time, and a dungeon finder will definately help eliminate the downtime of spamming LFG message.
    QFT. Most would agree that a mature community is desirable. Well, with a mature community you have individuals that have real life responsiblities and commitments that prevent them from putting in more than an hour or 2 a day of game time. I understand why some don't want a dungeon finder but it sure would help sometimes.

Soulwalker

+1 really nice feature
    EliteNerds :: The Most Upcoming PC-Tech Forum Community!
    Software, Hardware, GFX, Tutorials, Coding, Chat and much more!

Telaran

There is a dungeon finder in this game. I found it like this.

/guild anyone wana run a dungeon?

then bam! Invited to a group

Group finder tools are nearly a decade old. There is no practical reason for anyone to believe a game is better without one. Rift should add one and make it home server only.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Wazabi View Post
    Agreed with this sadly, I work and dont have time to wait. I tried today, put myself up as a healer and a tank - no response from chat. I bet if there was a dungeon finder I would have run it by now.

Just make it server only and itll be perfect.

I would like a friend finder
    Don't mind me, I'm just being an idiot.

What you did there, I see it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast