+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dungeon loot tables

Question Dungeon loot tables

Dungeon loot tables seem to be extremely weak. I primarily level by doing dungeons (and pvping) and I've noticed that there really isn't a big loot table. The bosses seem to drop the exact same item every single time. (Mostly warrior gear for some reason?) What do you guys think ?
    POLL: Faction balance on PvP/PvE servers by Region: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...54#post1157254 Please share the poll link

I disagree with the lack of a decent loot table, but I agree with everything being bloody warrior gear (3 IT runs, all warrior gear, 2 DSM runs, 3/4 warrior pieces.)

Champion of Telara

we've had the opposite situation

we've gone IN with 3 warriors lol.. and gotten about 90% leather pieces, rest chain with 1 piece of plate only. That was thru about 5 dungeon runs so far.
    Drakkles - Warrior - Jynxed
    ]

Telaran

2/4 warrior in our FC run last night, running Darkening Deeps before that, had one piece of warrior gear drop in two runs, so it all evens out.

Soulwalker

well im a warrior and it seems to be casterday every time i do a dungeon :P

Soulwalker

Drops are more random, only thing that bums me a bit is the item levels. Every boss is the same level and if i take DD for example. I went in at 23 and the items that dropped were level 22. Most i cant even use for more then a few levels.

I've run every instance, except the last two, multiple times and would agree with you here. There is a variable loot table, but it is very small and poor rng, unless we just had extreme bad luck in every instance getting multiple pieces of same loot from each zone. We also had the "plate" drop problem quite literally 75% of drops were plate.

I can see where they are coming from in the sense that most people will not be wearing these items very long at all, a level or two above the instance level and you will get quest rewards better than the drops, in some cases.

I am sure Trion is putting their efforts into developing and itemizing the tier 5 content, which is where their time should be spend.

2cp

nite.
    50 Rogue ♫

Quote Originally Posted by TheFinn View Post
    Dungeon loot tables seem to be extremely weak. I primarily level by doing dungeons (and pvping) and I've noticed that there really isn't a big loot table. The bosses seem to drop the exact same item every single time. (Mostly warrior gear for some reason?) What do you guys think ?
    The game just came out. Let's be happy the game is this smooth. The loot will come. World of Warcraft, as an example, didn't have a very large loot table at release.

Plane Touched

Loot tables are fine. While some things seem to drop more than others we would still find new drops even after 10 runs of a dungeon. Wouldn't surprise me if we missed one or two and all we did was grind dungeons to 50.

Expect each boss to have 4 or 5 separate pieces of gear, if not more, depending on how many pieces they drop. Some are just more rare than others.

+ Reply to Thread