Closed Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Please Add a Dungeon Finder.

Soulwalker

Default Please Add a Dungeon Finder.

Being called the "next gen mmo" is all fine and well, but having a system that requires pointless, time wasting, chat spamming with LFG X to Y is a step backwards.

There is already a system in place to queue for instances and it even works cross-realm (Warfronts).

Please add such an option for Dungeons. More time being in the dungeons and having fun is better than standing around pointlessly spamming chat.

Thank you.

+1

This is definently needed, i'm waiting up to an hour for a dungeon group.

Doesn't help with all the spam in /1 and /4...

Atleast make a LFG channel for the meanwhile. Simple quick fix.
    Last edited by Pruney; 03-01-2011 at 01:29 PM.
    no

I've never had trouble finding a group. Never seen anyone having trouble finding a group. Maybe start your own?

Shrug.

Or get friends? Join a guild? I dunno, this isn't necessary. There are...about 20? level 40+'s on my server and I still can find a group for lantern hook within minutes if I ask, or if I start it myself.

maybe you're just bad at asking

/facepalm

Groups are already super easy to get, and you only need one person at the dungeon and everybody gets tele'd there... Go away! This is NOT WoW.
    Last edited by Nekromant; 03-01-2011 at 01:37 PM.
    Ruhk ~ Chloro/Warlock/Elementaist ~ Tearfall US PvP

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Nekromant View Post
    /facepalm

Groups are already super easy to get, and you only need one person at the dungeon and everybody gets tele'd there... Go away! This is NOT WoW.
    Really? Isnt it? Quests, Daily Quests, Dungeons, Raids, 5-man groups, Talent Trees etc.. this is a WoW clone with a heavy modification of the class system and an addition of Public Quests.

Which is FINE btw. As proven by FF14, old and archaic design doesnt work, as proven by Aion, new unproven concepts do not work. It is a good thing to copy the good things from an insanely popular MMO(which also explains Rift's crazy sales).

But I for one dont always have time to muck about chat spamming, and I'd love to spend the little time i have between work and a social life to actually play, not chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Pavachan View Post
    Really? Isnt it? Quests, Daily Quests, Dungeons, Raids, 5-man groups, Talent Trees etc.. this is a WoW clone with a heavy modification of the class system and an addition of Public Quests.

Which is FINE btw. As proven by FF14, old and archaic design doesnt work, as proven by Aion, new unproven concepts do not work. It is a good thing to copy the good things from an insanely popular MMO(which also explains Rift's crazy sales).

But I for one dont always have time to muck about chat spamming, and I'd love to spend the little time i have between work and a social life to actually play, not chat.
    If you don't have the time to invest in an MMO play something else?

Justify your lack of playing time however you want, but plenty of people are able to manage their jobs, girlfriends and wives, and social responsibilities WHILE being able to come home and find a group.

Sorry, but if you can't find the time to make 4 friends and do a zone you don't deserve the gear in it.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ixath View Post
    If you don't have the time to invest in an MMO play something else?

Justify your lack of playing time however you want, but plenty of people are able to manage their jobs, girlfriends and wives, and social responsibilities WHILE being able to come home and find a group.

Sorry, but if you can't find the time to make 4 friends and do a zone you don't deserve the gear in it.
    Ok, this is a game, which i paid for (and will keep paying). I'll decide how i wanna spend my time in it, and if i feel that a dungeon finder would be helpful, i'll ask for it.

Dont worry, you dont have to use it if they do add it, since you are having no probelms finding a group in chat.

No, I work full time and go to the gym 3 days a week, spend my weekends with my son, yet I've done multiple IT runs and a few DSM runs since getting to 27. I start my own groups and invite a few guildies, or even a full guild group. Dungeon finder basically makes it so people don't have to interact with their server as they level up or gear up for raiding, this isn't good, as my old guild on WoW had a hard time picking up random recruits in dungeons as we did in BC (it was amazing to come across a truely gifted hunter in H shattered halls, invite him and watch him grow into a phenomenal raider).

Rift Disciple

There is a dungeon finder.

To access:

Hit ENTER

Type /1 followed by a SPACE

Now compose your message and hit ENTER.

LMAO!!! This isn't world of warcraft k thanx? It takes 1 guy to walk into the dungeon to summon people from anywhere. You can take a porticulum to any zone as well making downtime almost non existent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Myollnir View Post
    We don't need your sound logic here buddy, just let me rage from my moms basement ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Pruney View Post
    +1

This is definently needed, i'm waiting up to an hour for a dungeon group.

Doesn't help with all the spam in /1 and /4...

OR!!!!!..... There is this crazy thing I dont know if you have heard of it at all. They are called guilds... Get one....
    Quote Originally Posted by Myollnir View Post
    We don't need your sound logic here buddy, just let me rage from my moms basement ok?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Pruney View Post
    +1

There is one. Type /lfg

I'm getting tired of super easy hand fed mmos. This is not Wow. We don't need a dungeon finder.

Ok.. I have an idea. GO FIND THE DUNGEON. There's your dungeon finder.

This game is trying to be a refreshing renewal away from wow. Let's keep it that way.

Evil thoughts can't hide. I'll help release the mind. I'll peel away the skin. Release the dark within.

Soulwalker

Having played WOW before and after dungeon finder (I'm still subbed to WOW) I personally wouldn't want to see a dungeon finder. It contributes to making the world void of life and players need on items they don't need. Chances are he will never play with the players in his group again and there are no consequences other than a kick from party - then he re-queues and starts over.

Without dungeon finder I know who I'm going with before I enter, and if someone does ninja loot or be a general moron that person will get a bad name and people will just not group with him in future. If they had a dungeon finder that only pulled people from your server and let you know who they are before joining it might be ok.

A dungeon finder that breeds 'every man for himself' mentality and semi-premades kicking people at will isn't my idea of fun. I suppose you could say that I don't have to use it, the same was said about WOW dungeon finder and everyone I know uses it now. They all tolerate the bads now just for the convenience of dungeon finder - I'd rather not have it to begin with.

Default Yes and no

I say yes to a dungeon finder BUT only if it was old WoW's finder.

I sometimes have trouble getting people cause i play late and want to run a instance, so instead of making a dungeon finder that auto groups, just have a LFG finder that you post your role, what instance you want so its easier.

If they added that i would be fine, if they didnt I will have to suck it up and instance earlier in the day. Just nothen that wow has now plz!
    Student in Digital Entertainment and Game Design at ITT Tech

Currently learning Level Design/Animation/Game Design

My 1st Unreal Map http://flic.kr/p/9gBDBu

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast