Closed Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Please Add a Dungeon Finder.

Rift Disciple

I would like a dungeon finder but ONLY if it was server only. At least server only there is some accountability for people being morons. What ruined wow (for me atleast) wasnt the dungeon finder but was that if someone in your group was a ninja from another server he had no way of gaining a reputation and having people refuse to group with him (if you had someone on ignore it would never put you in a group with that person).

*Edit* I'm fine with just using chat to LFG so it doesnt bother me either way. I would be opposed to a dungeon finder that was cross server though.
    And if it was server only then I wouldnt want it to summon you automatically to the dungeon (make someone zone in)
    Last edited by Fezza; 03-01-2011 at 05:24 PM.

I've never had trouble finding a group.
    Then why are you in this thread?

This thread is for the players who do have trouble.

Never seen anyone having trouble finding a group.
    Just because you have never seen something does not mean it never happens.

Maybe start your own?
    And when no one joins the group you are attempting to form because they did not read chat at the time you are spamming chat?

Or get friends?
    And when no one wants to be your friend at the time you want to do group content? And when none of the friends you do have are online or available to do group content when you are?

Join a guild?
    And when no one in your guild is online or is available to do group content when you are?

Just because you are able to do something you want to do right when you want to do it because you are just that "lucky", doesn't mean all other players in the game are.
    Last edited by Crica; 03-01-2011 at 05:56 PM.

Telaran

I can see why you would like such a system but I'm still against a system like this.
    Why?

Because this system would allow players to run dungeons with players on other shards.
    This would create subproblems such as bad behavoir, ninjalooting, random afk and total disrespect. Since you're not on their shard, they simply don't care. This will make people writing "buhu ninjalooter on your server and here's the screenshots". Which just ends up in a massive flamewar.

Another thing is that World of Warcraft had such a system and it made the game way worse community-wise. People got greedy, needed on everything for main spec/off-spec and vendor. No one could do anything about it since they were on another shard.

How it is now, it would require someone to make a group on each shard. Yes, people have to stop being lazy! Speak up on general channel and advertise that you're looking for different roles for a dungeon. Most likely will people join and if not, then try again a little later. Maybe you won't be able to do dungeons whenever you feel like, but atleast you get to know the players on your own shard! And that's way more valueable than quicker blues.

Knowing people on the shards will also give you more friends, will built the shards way more reputation-wise. So if people decide to steal something in a dungeon, they can be sure the entire shard will know since friends tells to friends and so it goes. Also will this possibly get you into guilds. Players looks at your performance and see you are unguilded and they might throw up an offer which could be interesting.

I hope such a system will never come to Rift since I want the values the game will have without it.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Pruney View Post
    +1

This is definently needed, i'm waiting up to an hour for a dungeon group.

Doesn't help with all the spam in /1 and /4...

Atleast make a LFG channel for the meanwhile. Simple quick fix.
    There IS a LFG channel. Type lfg or /join lfg.

This information is also in the game manual.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Isda View Post
    Having played WOW before and after dungeon finder (I'm still subbed to WOW) I personally wouldn't want to see a dungeon finder. It contributes to making the world void of life and players need on items they don't need. Chances are he will never play with the players in his group again and there are no consequences other than a kick from party - then he re-queues and starts over.

Without dungeon finder I know who I'm going with before I enter, and if someone does ninja loot or be a general moron that person will get a bad name and people will just not group with him in future. If they had a dungeon finder that only pulled people from your server and let you know who they are before joining it might be ok.

A dungeon finder that breeds 'every man for himself' mentality and semi-premades kicking people at will isn't my idea of fun. I suppose you could say that I don't have to use it, the same was said about WOW dungeon finder and everyone I know uses it now. They all tolerate the bads now just for the convenience of dungeon finder - I'd rather not have it to begin with.
    Finally a well thought out post, aside from all the other trolls complaining about WoW - or flaming the topic creator (seems kids like to roam forums)

I agree to what your saying Isda.
    Last edited by Rad1an7; 03-01-2011 at 06:51 PM.

Soulwalker

I also do not think its a good idea to add a Dungeon Finder, because IMO its the reason why wow will slowly die. Community interaction has gone out the window because of LFD.

Since it came out hardly anyone speaks unless someone makes a mistake or doesn't do enough damage or something is ninja-looted. People dont even bother to say hello, usually the first words i see in party chat are "go-go" So please don't add LFD tool.
    Like others have suggested ask friends/guildies/LFG chat if no reply then do something else until more users come online.
    Lets not turn Rift into another "GrindCraft" after less than a day old launch.

The dungeon finder that WoW has has completely destroyed any sense of the expansive world. People can log on and within minutes get instantly teleported to a random dungeon with random people who they in all likelyhood will never see again. At that point, why eve have a beautiful world? We could just have world of dungeon crawler and boot up a single player game.

A minor amount of social interaction won't kill you, I know it's a weird concept but there are people out there

Shadowlander

I spent about 1 hours getting a group to Fae last night...

I'm not looking for an instant teleport cross realm lfg system, but merely a tool for finding a group easier than spamming chat channels all the time.

Not everyone is interested in joining a guild but would still like to group up from time to time

dungeon finder would be too much like warcraft and is very lazy... take the time to meet people and build friendships with people...

Rift Disciple

I agree with whoever said that a system like WoW's old one would be good.

Interested in running a dungeon? Put yourself in the dungeon finder, or look through the list of people already in the dungeon finder and make a group out of them.

I DON'T want it to port you there and I don't want it to be random people and I don't want it to automatically make the group for you, but a list of possible group-mates would be nice.

Soulwalker

Oh my god! You have to interact with people! In an MMO! How shocking!

Seriously, if they will ever add such RDF like WoW has, I will quit. That thing single-handedly destroyed every sense of community and immersion. Long term it's the death to any real MMO

On a side note, I'm pretty sure there already was such a thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pavachan View Post
    Being called the "next gen mmo" is all fine and well, but having a system that requires pointless, time wasting, chat spamming with LFG X to Y is a step backwards.

There is already a system in place to queue for instances and it even works cross-realm (Warfronts).

Please add such an option for Dungeons. More time being in the dungeons and having fun is better than standing around pointlessly spamming chat.

Thank you.
    Ugh, learn to talk to people and walk around a little. This is an MMORPG. If I wanted to be teleported to places and stuck with random people I dont know or will ever talk to again I might as well be playing a console game with NPCs.
    Last edited by Miku; 03-02-2011 at 02:59 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Miku View Post
    Ugh, learn to talk to people and walk around a little. This is an MMORPG. If I wanted to be teleported to places and stuck with random people I dont know or will ever talk to again I might as well be playing a console game with NPCs.
    Exactly.
    Cross-realm LFG tool ruined most of the social interaction in WOW. you're thrown into a dungeon with 4 'NPC' and since you're all strangers that will never encounter each other again there is no commitment to anything.

I admit that the in-realm/shard LFG tool was a very efficient thing since you didn't have to spam chat for 4 hours, but once it went cross-realm the whole social aspect died with it.
    When you have in-shard LFG tool, people are committed and know that they can't act like ******s since it will be reflected at them. When people know that their actions are un-punishable (as in "1-night-stand" cross-realm situations), you get the wonderful community that wow has. sarcastically ofc.

Telaran

Have to fall on the side of "No LFD". Commoditizing groups destroys any incentive that people have to be nice to one another on a given shard.

In WotLK, I knew precisely two people who were not in my guild, both of whom I knew from outside the game. There was no point, and no gain from trying to make friends on the server, so I simply didn't. Neither did anyone else, and as a result the game basically turns into a multiplayer lobby, along with semi-organized higher level raids. It became far worse in Cataclysm when dungeons (especially heroics) started being a problem for PUGs to do, which meant that the dungeon finder just turned into a random selection of dungeons to run with your guild. Because the server community had been destroyed, guild runs were basically the only resolution, and to be honest that sucks.

stop comparing this to other games
    its not that game, its this game
    and in this game if you want to go there, go there
    if you want in on the action, join the group that's there
    if you think your too cool to just pug it
    then maybe leave this game and go back to that game
    Last edited by Pixel Monkey; 03-02-2011 at 04:42 AM.
    who took my names!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast