+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Iron Tomb - the let down.

Telaran

Default Iron Tomb - the let down.

Ok, all psyched for Iron Tomb, get the group together, did the preparation work, go through the dungeon. 10 minutes later, we're done? No deaths, no excitement, got one blue item I could use, wth is that?
    Come on TRION, you have to make things far more interesting than that.
    The tank gets all the aggro, and everyone else gets ignored? TRION AI is lacking in the " Intelligence " department.
    It's nice the dungeon is repeatable, but you should have level limits on it, or all the isk farmers/power levelers will be running through it too easily.
    Level Limits for the win.
    " You may question my motives, but never question my orders. "

hahah dude that was the funniest thing ive ever seen. thanks i needed a good laugh , isk farmers haha , power levelers haha.. once they go grey no xp for the group . and im a tank and i can aoe taunt and hold them , thats a tanks job to make every thing ignore every one else.

and if your trying to get things to attack you please tell me your name if your on belmont so i know not to play with you since teamwork>one man army is what i look for.

and if by chance you had a cc for the vield ripper duo they are easy if you dont someone will die , atleast one. unless you are 25+ in there or even higher then its a 10 min if not atleast 30mins give or take , to be honest as a lvl 18<notice the level of the instance> instance its the way it should be , DSM is fairly quick with a good group last boss takes time if your group dosent have insane teamwork on killing eath crystals..

in FC its not to long fast with a aoe group , the matron fight is the only one that can get ugly if lesch and his cant taunt me attitude wants to kill the healer gersh ( sp.. we just call him chains) . last boss with out a hot or a very talented healer can be tough with the eggs and dot but again good team work will over come all of that , and a real good team makes quick work of it , raids are the true goal wait to complain till then if it only takes a hour or two to clear
    Guild Leader Title The Reaper

http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=31967&dateline=129175  0426

Quote Originally Posted by grimmir View Post
    hahah dude that was the funniest thing ive ever seen. thanks i needed a good laugh , isk farmers haha , power levelers haha.. once they go grey no xp for the group . and im a tank and i can aoe taunt and hold them , thats a tanks job to make every thing ignore every one else.

and if your trying to get things to attack you please tell me your name if your on belmont so i know not to play with you since teamwork>one man army is what i look for.

and if by chance you had a cc for the vield ripper duo they are easy if you dont someone will die , atleast one. unless you are 25+ in there or even higher then its a 10 min if not atleast 30mins give or take , to be honest as a lvl 18<notice the level of the instance> instance its the way it should be , DSM is fairly quick with a good group last boss takes time if your group dosent have insane teamwork on killing eath crystals..

in FC its not to long fast with a aoe group , the matron fight is the only one that can get ugly if lesch and his cant taunt me attitude wants to kill the healer gersh ( sp.. we just call him chains) . last boss with out a hot or a very talented healer can be tough with the eggs and dot but again good team work will over come all of that , and a real good team makes quick work of it , raids are the true goal wait to complain till then if it only takes a hour or two to clear
    Can someone translate this?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Nuitaran View Post
    Yes, he is calling bull if it was a level appropriate group.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuitaran View Post
    hahah Troll account alert!!
    Guild Leader Title The Reaper

http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=31967&dateline=129175  0426

Prophet of Telara

he didn't mention his group was all level 30+... 10 minutes.. right, you're uber, now go play another game.
    A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the lyrics.

Quote Originally Posted by grimmir View Post
    hahah Troll account alert!!
    Nope, I really just didn't understand a word of your post.

Soulwalker

Default iron tomb boss's easy mode

they did a good job on the trash mobs and at lvl 18 myself and my tank even died once. the problem is once we got to the boss's they went down fast and with little effort on any part of the group. some of the trash pulls were way harder on the group.

Quote Originally Posted by healbomb View Post
    they did a good job on the trash mobs and at lvl 18 myself and my tank even died once. the problem is once we got to the boss's they went down fast and with little effort on any part of the group. some of the trash pulls were way harder on the group.
    well i would like to point out for everyone that this is also a new game guys... it has litterally JUST came out today.... for the next few weeks they will be tweeking things to up difficulty or lower it in some cases.

But, IT is actually the first dungeon in the game so why would they make is sickly hard? this dungeon is ment to teach all the new people teamwork and just how a dungeon should go.... try doing DSM.... my group wiped a few times and the last boss... yeah we couldnt seem to get the mechanics down.

it gets harder... if you try and expect the best out of a new game from the start you just let yourself down. let the game come out enjoy it run the dunegons and watch for changes. But dont flame a dungeon just because it isnt as hard as a raid and doesnt take 3 hours to complete...

just so you know this game is not just for the epic raiders its also for casual gamers and 10-30 min is all it should really take on the first dunegon. i find the 2 dog mobs to be quite scary... they can wipe your face on the floor if you dont at least stun one of them for a bit...

I for one find the dungeons fun and also dont forget to LOOK AROUND... sheesh havent any of you realized the kind of detail they put into these dungeons its crazy! they look amazing.... unlike some games... (wow *cough*) which litterally copy and past caverns dunegons caves from one place to the next you can see the amount of detail they put into the first 2 dunegons in the game. I can onyl hope that they keep up this kind of dedication throughout the dungeons .

thats just my 2 cents guys so dont flame me... and i appoligize for spelling errors i suck as spelling.

OP doesn't seem to get the point of aggro.

Also I highly doubt you finished it in 10 minutes, probably felt like it because it was fun.
    no

Iron Tomb is bland, boring, and easy compared the Realm of the Fae. I agree, it was a let down.
    Last edited by Nekromant; 03-01-2011 at 01:30 PM.
    Ruhk ~ Chloro/Warlock/Elementaist ~ Tearfall US PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Nekromant View Post
    Iron Tomb is bland, boring, and easy compared the Realm of the Fae. I agree, it was a let down.
    I enjoyed both. We recently did both, back to back, on one of our guild quest nights, and I totally had a blast.

RotF, especially the Winter part was simply stunning.

IT was a good dungeon. Requiring a certain amount of tactics and communication to get through. The rewards were good (I got 3 blue weapons out of it ... a sword, a dagger, and a bow that I use. I guess I got lucky on the rolls) and I gained a fair amount of XP.

Granted, it wasn't the most epic of dungeons (the Olthoi Queen and Barun King quest in Asheron's Call hold those titles), but it was certainly well thought out, fun, and very nice looking.

Looking forward to doing both again with my other 3 characters in the future.
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

its a starter dungeon, incase people dont know how to play character or are new to mmo's.

thats why its so easy..
    Baaaaah

Telaran

huh strange, because I had the exact opposite reaction the first time I did IT in beta 3. I thought it was very well designed great pacing and just a ton of fun in general.

You guys understand this is a newbie instance??

How hard was Ragefire Chasm in you know what game,
    or stockade for instance?

You can't please everyone. If they make it hard, casuals and newbies will complain. Wait till endgame, lol.
    Do people really have nothing to complain about nowadays??
    I feel soo envious, I have bigger problems than you to complain about :/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast