+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blast from the Past - Joy of Dimensions video

Champion of Telara

Default Blast from the Past - Joy of Dimensions video

Here's a Trion video from 2013 on the Joy of Dimensions.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QCfNknyQVo

It promoted dimensions and also a big Joy of Dimensions contest mentioned at 3:05 in the video.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blast from the Past - Joy of Dimensions video-riftjoyofdimensions.jpg  

I wish Trion/Gamigo promoted dimensions more.

I've created my own gallery website for them:
    https://dimension-gallery.tumblr.com/

It doesn't get that much visitors... I've seen, however, some people follow an outbound link to Rift.

If you look at how popular games like Minecraft are, there seems to be a lot of potential there.
    It's just most haven't even heard of Rift dimensioning system. Whenever player housing is discussed on gaming forums games like Wildstar get mentioned, Rift rarely does.

And IMO building out of realistic items will be potentially more appealing for many than building out of cubes.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Adansonia View Post
    I wish Trion/Gamigo promoted dimensions more.
    Me too. Gamigo did add a lot of new dimension items for the World Events and the 6 Battle Passes but as far as I can tell there has been nothing new for dimensions since the Carnival in April of this year. The Carnival added one new dimension item - a 10th anniversary Rift cake. I hope that is not the last one added.

IIf you look at how popular games like Minecraft are, there seems to be a lot of potential there.
    I would think so. I know there were some dimension enthusiasts who spent credits to buy lots of the dimension chests.

It's just most haven't even heard of Rift dimensioning system. Whenever player housing is discussed on gaming forums games like Wildstar get mentioned, Rift rarely does.
    It seems like a missed opportunity. Rift sent out a press release about Halloween events in Rift and 6 other MMOs but the brief mention for Rift made no mention of all the dimension items that can be bought only during the Halloween event. The press release also failed to mention that Rift is sponsoring a Halloween dimension contest this year.

And IMO building out of realistic items will be potentially more appealing for many than building out of cubes.
    Agree again. I like to build dimensions that fit the Rift lore and could actually be a part of the game.

+ Reply to Thread