+ Reply to Thread

Thread: UNFINISHED

Default UNFINISHED

Having been going through my old screenshots, I'm dedicating this thread to all the unfinished projects we have that, for various reasons, will never get completed. Here is my big one that will never be finished (and thus never opened) because I used up so much of the maxed item count for pure structure that I had around 200 spaces left for decoration/filling, and this isn't something I could shrink.

My original plan was just a split geodesic dome on a square platform. I started this in 2017 and the roof was so frustrating that I just started calling it my Dumb Roof Dim because I wanted to use only triangles and planks, but part of the original design required mirroring sweeping angles cutting into the dome to make a porch/balcony. I couldn't figure out how to do that even with Tinker Tools, so I gave up and went with poles.

The outer walls are still incomplete, which I intended to be completely covered in giant crystals, and most of the rooms are empty. So many glass planks and poles and triangles... And the roof item count is nearly doubled because I have the "outside" roof portion and the inside "ceiling" portion.

Balcony on the same level as the greenhouse floor, which is the two floors above ground floor. Under the balcony is an aquatic garden with wraparound floating water walls, which is one floor above ground and the same level as all the other rooms (kitchen, rooms, utility, a movie theater, etc.).

The entrance is on the ground floor, which is an enclosed courtyard, behind the statue guarding a pool and upside-down aquatic garden (still unpopulated by aquatic plants in these screenshots).

Alas, I regret not taking more screenshots with a different "time of day" object.

Looking up at the roof (ceiling). I was going for an element of natural chaos alongside geometric regularity.

Upper floor (greenhouse floor) looking down on the great room. The circular object was going to be a fancy clock.

The upper floor area lacks a lot of plants because I just didn't get around to properly planning a garden area, and the type of ground covers and individual plants I wanted ended up being very expensive and/or very rare (e.g. RNG boxes no longer available or something).

I was building a diorama, but many of the pieces I wanted to use wouldn't shrink down enough. Too bad! You wouldn't be able to see the hidden treasure chest unless mounted on Opie.

One of the requirements I had for this build was that all the windows had to be irregular shapes or angles.

Utility room, hidden. All my builds*, finished and unfinished, have at least one hidden room or entrance. This utility room had both banks, a mailbox, and all crafting stations were accessible when standing around the middle.

It's been fun, and I hope the remaining players are still fulfilled with Rift's dimming system, one of the best in the industry.

*Except the maze since the entire thing is kind of hidden, I guess.
    Dimensions open on Faeblight:
    Dragontail Pond
    Snjoholl
    Pirlfealle Tower

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Quna View Post
    Having been going through my old screenshots, I'm dedicating this thread to all the unfinished projects we have that, for various reasons, will never get completed. Here is my big one that will never be finished (and thus never opened) because I used up so much of the maxed item count for pure structure that I had around 200 spaces left for decoration/filling, and this isn't something I could shrink.
    The screenshots look fabulous. Why not open it and give others a chance to tour it even if not complete.

I could live with some rooms being empty. Lots of people spend too much on the house and have to skimp on the furnishings.

+ Reply to Thread