+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Kitasia
  • 1 Post By caduto
  • 1 Post By Lyedanpol
  • 1 Post By Zornar

Thread: Dimension Kit: Sunken City Wonders

Default Dimension Kit: Sunken City Wonders

Just to inform you I am on the hate of random boxes train. As far as this one goes it seems to be on a better track than the others.

Example, all my favorite flowers are in the Landquarium box it is impossible to get anything out of it that I really want. The loot table is just so big 219 items. http://riftdimensionaddicts.com/taxonomy/term/386 The price is set to where I can only get a couple a month in hopes of flowers. I haven't managed to get any of the plants I was actually looking for in over a year.

This new box as far as we have found only has a loot table of 30 items. ( I haven't fully confirmed it yet) http://riftdimensionaddicts.com/taxonomy/term/416 Thank goodness and most of which are the awesome new Clear Water Building Blocks. The cost of the box is so much lower than the others. So you will have a much better chance of getting what you want for your credits.

I for one am very pleased with the much smaller loot table. I even managed to get a guffin. I was so happy. I still hate random boxes but 30 items is much better then 219.

Or... they could put those items on the Rift Store individually priced for people to buy what they actually want instead of 'hoping to get lucky' with a loot crate.

I do agree there

Plane Touched

Shouldn't the new Dimension Kit: Sunken City Wonders have a chance to drop a new underwater dimension key? The other recent boxes, Landquarium, Vostigar Peaks, Alittu, each had an appropriate dimension key in the loot table.

Are there any current dimension keys suitable to build a Sunken City?

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Zornar View Post
    Shouldn't the new Dimension Kit: Sunken City Wonders have a chance to drop a new underwater dimension key? The other recent boxes, Landquarium, Vostigar Peaks, Alittu, each had an appropriate dimension key in the loot table.

Are there any current dimension keys suitable to build a Sunken City?
    Dimension keys are probably why past kit's had a larger loot table & heftier price.

Endless Eclipse with a light projector looks like an underwater world.
    Also a couple of Nightmare Tide keys would be great for anything sunken.

Light projectors make all the difference in the likes of Dormant Core, Izibithu's Demise or even Hailol. I built an underwater fountain and garden with sunken ship and treasures etc in Shadow Scion.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 04-10-2020 at 06:44 AM.

Default Buildable Water Table...

Landquarium, Shadow Scion, Poylp Promenade dims in draumheim all had full sized water tables to build in with the soft ceiling barrier just above the ocean water. Shoreward Isle, Tulan, even Mathosian Cascades have water areas large enough for small-fuller sized water builds.

Dimensions by CATT - FB: "Underdwell of Val Argonax" by Cattrianna, "Elemental Wanderings" by Cattrianna, "The Crucible Pt1: Exodus" by One Cat Short of Crazy, "Three Sisters Water Temple" by Fancyfeast / GB: "Inferno's Respite" by Catastrophie / DW: "Crucible Pt2: Odyssey" by Cattails

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Kitasia View Post
    I do agree there
    Me too! they should do that.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    I built an underwater fountain and garden with sunken ship and treasures etc in Shadow Scion.
    Is it still up? If so, what name and shard please.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Zornar View Post
    Is it still up? If so, what name and shard please.
    "DreamKeeper of Lumeria 2014"
    Kiwiflava - Greybriar

She also has an Izibithu Demise dimension on her that may stir an idea if you have that key.

Edit: Yell out if you need any sky projectors, I may have spare.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 04-10-2020 at 06:42 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Catriana View Post
    Landquarium, Shadow Scion, Poylp Promenade dims in draumheim all had full sized water tables to build in with the soft ceiling barrier just above the ocean water.
    Can you recommend any builds that used these water tables?

Are you supposed to build in the water tables? I know it is possible to get outside the barriers in some dimensions and build where it was not intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Catriana View Post
    Shoreward Isle, Tulan, even Mathosian Cascades have water areas large enough for small-fuller sized water builds.
    The water in Shoreward Isle and Tulan dimensions seems too shallow and too close to shore for a sunken city. Malthosian Cascades has two small, shallow lakes that are not large enough or deep enough for a sunken city.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Zornar,

Bellarosa has 2 Poly Promonades

Bellarosa @Laethys
    "Mermaids Sanctuary"

Other is on an alt, it is a maze.

Bellamie @Laethys
    "Raiders of the Lost Arties Maze"
    Last edited by Kiwi; 04-11-2020 at 08:31 AM.

Plane Touched

Dimension keys are probably why past kit's had a larger loot table & heftier price.
    I wouldn't think that would be the case if adding a nothing but deep water dimension key only raised the loot table from 30 to 31. They can always make the odds of dropping the dimension key lower than for the other items to keep people buying the boxes. A new dimension key might even spur sales of the boxes.

They could even sell a nothing but deep water dimension key separately.

I'll build up to reach the water table in the Polyp Promenade key and see if it is suitable for a sunken city build. I'm not sure it is even intended for players to build there otherwise I'd think they would have a Bulbous Bouncer dimension item. It will also require building a false sea bottom, using an Entry Point item and having some way to get back up there if you fall through the sea bottom on entry.

I have hundreds of underwater items but no good dimension keys to put them in for a large underwater build. With all these new underwater items associated with BP 3, why not have a nothing but deep water dimension key to put them all in?

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Maybe finding where you think that dimension could be in Telara and suggesting it might help your endeavor?

I do however admit I do not think there is a lack of dimensions to build underwater worlds in just need to re-imagine some places. I remember when we discovered we could go under water in Shoreward Island and trying to build under there popping potions or making sure to wear the right trinket because you take damage and die heh

Edit: saying this as I sit in Tenebrean Plane Pocket still at a loss what to do with it without just covering it all up. This dimension is a curious one...
    Last edited by Kiwi; 04-11-2020 at 09:27 AM.

Plane Touched

Bellarosa @Laethys
    "Mermaids Sanctuary"
    Thanks for this. That's the best deep water option I've seen so far even if Rift didn't intend for players to build in the water layer above the Polyp Promenade dimension.

I guess I can use a bunch of tower elevators to get up to the water layer.

They upped the price by 90 credits. It is now 360 for patrons 400 for non. So ignore my happy thoughts on it. Pretty disappointed in it now. Was worth it before now it is just another random lockbox

Edit: As of now the price on EU and NA is differnt
    Last edited by Kitasia; 04-16-2020 at 09:54 AM.

+ Reply to Thread