+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Maybella

Thread: Rift Dimension Contest 2020 - Work of Art

Default Rift Dimension Contest 2020 - Work of Art

UPDATE: On the good advice of other dimensioneers, I am waiting to launch this contest until after "Craving the Caves" has ended. This will give everyone who wants to enter time to recuperate before starting another contest.

I will repost the details as we approach the start date.

Happy building!
    Last edited by Maybella; 01-24-2020 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Postponing contest
    There is no spoon.

This is a really cool concept for a competition. There's so many dam possibilities, but all of them would look amazing if done successfully. Particularly when screenshotted next to the actual art.

There's obviously no issue with releasing it before the other one ends, but 4 weeks might be too short of a turn around for some? Particularly if some feel burnt out from the last.

You might want to reserve a post for the entries, and you'll probably need a Q&A as I'm sure people will have loads of questions for this one. For example I'm already thinking about how famous the piece of art has to be?

If you want to reserve a post, I'll get this one deleted so it's below your main post.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Telaran

My advice is that you push your contest to a later date.
    Not because its a bad concept, but its a big theme and lets be real, poeple need time to recollect items, plat and most important, inspiration.
    Too many contests on top of each other just ends up with poeple getting exhausted and pretty broke.

Also, about the theme.
    Its a brilliant theme, but its VERY VERY wide.
    Art is many things, paintings, sculptures, stories, poetry, Fish in a blender?
    Anyhting ever made by a person in terms of expressing themselves is by definition art.
    So is this known artists or ANY art we can provide a picture of?
    Maybe its worth considering narrow it down a bit?
    Last edited by Iavasmeril; 01-24-2020 at 06:28 AM. Reason: addition

I thought it was supposed to be a famous painting? Which definitely limits it. I already had one in mind ^^. Looking forward to the re-release
    Fwob - Zaviel

Shadowlander

I'll enter, but will need a bit of time to recuperate. Annoyingly I already have many ideas floating around in my head, so some restrictions or direction would be appreciated.

Is there any new word on whether the contest mentioned here is going forward or will do so at a set time period later in the year? I'm curious about this endeavor for the interesting contest motif as well as looking to MAYBE organize another contest this summer possibly or late spring depending on the timing or continued existence of this one as well as the desire of the dim community.

Dimensions by CATT - FB: "Underdwell of Val Argonax" by Cattrianna, "Elemental Wanderings" by Cattrianna, "The Crucible Pt1: Exodus" by One Cat Short of Crazy, "Three Sisters Water Temple" by Fancyfeast / GB: "Inferno's Respite" by Catastrophie / DW: "Crucible Pt2: Odyssey" by Cattails

Telaran

Yes , I am very excited to learn more about this contest too! Looking forward to this

+ Reply to Thread