+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By Tuasemper
  • 1 Post By Maegwynn
  • 1 Post By Sparklynn
  • 2 Post By Tuasemper

Thread: Thank you Devs for...

Default Thank you Devs for...

....all the brand new death themed items!! Holy cow! And those Brevanic windmills! Ty, ty, ty.

Just thought I'd give my Thanksgiving message early. ;)

Dimensions: TORTURE CHAMBER ( 10/2014 ) on Greybriar by Tuasemper
    NEW DISCOVERIES (9/2015) on Wolfsbane by Elleeander

Yes awesome stuff thank you

I 100% agree! So much hard work goes into each item, it is truly appreciated.
    LIVE: Boudicah (67), Ceridwynn (65), Gwenllyan (62), Iceniqueen (42), and Prasutagus (50) @Wolfsbane

PRIME: Boudicah (50), Prasutagus (32)
    Please visit my dimensions on Prime by searching Boudicah

Without forum posts like these I would never know they've added anything. How do you keep track?! Also could you politely direct me to the correct subcategories for all the new items ^^?

Edit: Are the barnacle houses new too? And the scion stuff? Or is that from a previous addition I missed XD?

Must admit though, the shop seems so much better organised than I last remember. Seems to be little tweaks here and there that are never mentioned.

2nd Edit: Was just reminded that I could check dimension addicts..
    Last edited by Refuge; 09-22-2018 at 05:27 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

@Refuge: Here are two links that mention when they re-organized the dim store, & one mentioning all the brand new items added very recently.

9/13: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...tch-notes.html
    9/20: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5364461

The Scion items were added quite awhile ago now, I believe. Yes, the barnacle houses were added in this 9/20 patch. Honestly, as far as the correct sub-categories go, I think there are new items in just about all of the categories, except building blocks & maybe modules. Taking a look at each category may be worth it anyway. Alot of prices were lowered, as is mentioned in the patch notes, & on some really great stuff too!

I keep track of it all just by reading the patch notes, & checking out everything they post on the Glyph screen before hitting that Play button. I do also have Dimension Addicts bookmarked on my PC..... & phone....just for late night cruising & drooling. The patch notes are really funny at times, as well as informative. I know you know that already, just saying what all I do to stay tuned. The officers in the guild I'm in, Casually Elite@Faeblight are also really good at staying on top of the patch notes & posting them to our Guild's Discord, as well as other important info. Oh, & I think DA has a Discord, but I forgot how to get to it. I'll look for that & post back if you like.

ONE thing that was added that I have not seen in the store yet is the Necropolis Elevator. It's listed on DA, but I haven't seen it in the store under Interactive. I checked under Trophies just in case too. http://riftdimensionaddicts.com/node/6332

Am I blind, or is it not in the store yet? Anyone know?

EDIT, here it is, the Discord: http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...16-beyond.html
    Last edited by Tuasemper; 09-22-2018 at 07:14 AM.

General of Telara

The elevator was disabled again because it was causing crashes, I believe it will hit stores next patch :-)
    Dimensions on Brutwacht by Alliandre, Luisa, Alliendre, Kattima, Samrahia, Jaodya, Maegwynn, Guild "Stadtwache", Guild "Mules" - NEW: Collab with Loveyttsab: "Cinderella" on Mules@Brutwacht!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuasemper View Post
    @Refuge: Here are two links that mention when they re-organized the dim store, & one mentioning all the brand new items added very recently.

9/13: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...tch-notes.html
    9/20: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5364461

The Scion items were added quite awhile ago now, I believe. Yes, the barnacle houses were added in this 9/20 patch. Honestly, as far as the correct sub-categories go, I think there are new items in just about all of the categories, except building blocks & maybe modules. Taking a look at each category may be worth it anyway. Alot of prices were lowered, as is mentioned in the patch notes, & on some really great stuff too!

I keep track of it all just by reading the patch notes, & checking out everything they post on the Glyph screen before hitting that Play button. I do also have Dimension Addicts bookmarked on my PC..... & phone....just for late night cruising & drooling. The patch notes are really funny at times, as well as informative. I know you know that already, just saying what all I do to stay tuned. The officers in the guild I'm in, Casually Elite@Faeblight are also really good at staying on top of the patch notes & posting them to our Guild's Discord, as well as other important info. Oh, & I think DA has a Discord, but I forgot how to get to it. I'll look for that & post back if you like.

ONE thing that was added that I have not seen in the store yet is the Necropolis Elevator. It's listed on DA, but I haven't seen it in the store under Interactive. I checked under Trophies just in case too. http://riftdimensionaddicts.com/node/6332

Am I blind, or is it not in the store yet? Anyone know?

EDIT, here it is, the Discord: http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...16-beyond.html
    thanks dude, I completely missed that second lot of patch notes. That's my bad. Ahh I saw the a forum post on necropolis lifter, i just thought it was a mount lol.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Quote Originally Posted by Refuge View Post
    2nd Edit: Was just reminded that I could check dimension addicts..

You cant always rely on me right after a patch though. Most of the time I am late for the update. So it is always better to get it from others I try. This time though it was woot I am not busy hurry get it up.

Shadowlander

A nice thing that there are old and new items available in the shop. How long have I missed the potted pansies...

But I also have a crying eye. E.g. for the stuff from the Bogling store. What did we do in the past to get the content to reach this items... Now they are accessible to everyone for a few gold without any effort. That's a pity. Not only has one of the last sources of money been lost as a dimension lover, it's nothing special anymore if everyone who rushes through the levels and isn't interested in story and details has the same possibilities as those who have invested time and money for years.

Which is also true for items that were only available for a limited time in boxes for real money. What was Trion thinking?

Slowly but surely I find it confusing how many dimensional elements are now available. I'm a dimension builder who collects and stores everything, not a single item i call rubbish. In my opinion this is the creative and really artistic side of building dimensions to create own objects by assembling from individual parts. In addition, each character can only have 20 dims of his own, and upgrading for every depot to max is expensive, we all know it. What to do with all the things you fish out of boxes and ponds? Dozens of new items need dozens of new places, and if you can't earn platinum with some things anymore it will be even harder.

Of course, there are different views on whether finished items should be used or not. But for me it's more creative and fun to make and assemble parts myself than to buy ready ones. And of course, people who prefer to use finished products should also enjoy building. But always looking at the same chairs, tables, walls and trees is boring. Sure, you don't have to use them, but more and more I see in new dimensions (and unfortunately also in contests) that creativity is not so much in demand anymore. It's more about who has the most expensive rare items and has used them best in masses.

Apart from the fact that the financing of the game must of course be secured, isn't dim building no longer about creativity?

I have been building dimensions for many years now, and so many parts with countless multiple uses are still missing. There are 60 pages in the "The Official Ongoing Dimension Request List" thread, and most people call for finished parts they've discovered somewhere. But it has nothing to do with creativity. Why not prefer individual parts to prefabricated parts? Ok, then you can't just pop out a new dim every week and cry out "Oh, am I not great?". Someone once claimed dim building was an art. Setting up finished parts is no art, anyone can do that. Always only new finished objects kill creativity. And the eternally identical shapes of building blocks in 20 new colours and textures don't change a thing. And not the 20th kind of tables. The same goes for the npc's which you just have to set up. They are nice but not creative.

Give us more shapes like prism, cone, hemisphere or pyramid and not the 50th kind of chairs. Could be used for so many things, including our own npc's, for organic shapes and completely new, individual types of furniture, plants, dwellings... And then we'll see if all those who pretend to be able to build well today still have a big mouth then.

Trion, please save the creativity! Because that's what makes Rift's dimenioneering so unique.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator
    Last edited by Valiope; 09-25-2018 at 06:18 AM.

Default thank you

Thank you for all the great new items. I myself am looking forward to playing with how I set these items and morph them into other things.

Valiope,

I am sorry you feel this way. As a long time builder myself, (I started building when dimensions first came out), and speaking only for myself, I am grateful for the new items and new textures, because it gives me new items to morph with.

Although some new items may be premade chairs, if you see those items only as chairs you are limiting yourself. If you rotate the chair, sink it in to something, it is possible to get more than just a chair from the item that was added. Other times, I have seen builders take a premade item and add their own embellishments.

For instance, I turned that new death table upside down and shrunk it, making a nice wine bottle holder and arm rest for a chair.

Other times premade items are nice for item count, especially if the house has other morphs built in. A very fancy arch or curve can cost a lot of item count, being able to use premade items to offset that helps.

Dimension building is still an art to many players, and a number of players still take delight in trying to make new things. While some people may reach to premade items for what they are at face value, there are still players who will take those items way beyond. You just might have to look a bit harder to find them.

In my opinion, npcs offer some movement to the dimension, beyond the visitor moving around. They make the dim seem a little more lively than stationery items. While I have morphed people (mostly for friends' dimensions), I like both morphed people and npcs. They each bring their own benefits to a build.

I know that Salvatrix has worked hard to add a lot of items to the store that were at notoriety vendors, to make it easier on building. I am pretty sure that most are still locked behind the same notoriety/artifact set requirements that they were in the past. I haven't checked the Nug stuff.

Personally, if I am in a building groove, being able to quickly purchase what I need to keep that going is really helpful. Stopping to port to Port Scuddra to get open clamshells with pearls, or writing myself a note to do that in the next day or two, can cut into my creativity time.

As for most expensive items, they don't impress me much. To me it isn't the cost of the item that makes something valuable, it is how it is used. And for rare items, being able to get them more freely, allows me to feel more adventurous to use what I have hoarded because of my fear of not getting more. Which therefore allows me to morph more and use those items in even more unexpected ways.

I, too, would love to see more shapes and textures be added to building blocks. While a 30-60-90 triangle, cones of varying widths and heights, or poles of different heights arriving now might be seen as fashionably late, I would still be appreciative of them.

Cheers,
    Sparklynn
    Last edited by Sparklynn; 09-25-2018 at 09:53 PM. Reason: typing to late at night = errors

Quote Originally Posted by Sparklynn View Post

Other times premade items are nice for item count, especially if the house has other morphs built in. A very fancy arch or curve can cost a lot of item count, being able to use premade items to offset that helps.

I like both morphed people and npcs. They each bring their own benefits to a build.

I know that Salvatrix has worked hard to add a lot of items to the store that were at notoriety vendors, to make it easier on building.

being able to quickly purchase what I need to keep that going is really helpful. Stopping to port to Port Scuddra to get open clamshells with pearls, or writing myself a note to do that in the next day or two, can cut into my creativity time.
    Very well said!

As for rare items, etc, I'm noticing a trend lately. The AH used to always be a good place to go to get things cheaper than the store, but in the past few months on FB especially, ppl are putting dim items up of all rarities at a hugely inflated price, way above the store price. I mean, we're talking about someone putting a carpet tile that you can get for 5 plat in the store, & putting it up for 50 plat in the AH. It's crazy stupid to take advantage of ppl like that who might not know it's super duper cheaper in the store. Meh, anyway, at least I'm against that. I'm having a hard time affording from the store & the AH atm, even with knowing what's in the store vs the AH.

I did notice the Nug gourds in the store now, & I had a slight "wow" moment, but it quickly passed. As Sparklynn mentioned, now I don't have to leave my dim & travel to that merchant. I also don't have to log off my current alt who doesn't have the not. & hasn't done the quest chain for access, login to the alt that has the required not. with said merchant, buy what I need, mail the items, log off, log back in to the alt currently building, yadda yadda. It's convenient & saves time.

I understand about it seeming like it's not as special or important any more since more & more items are becoming available in easier ways. All I can say about that is at least you have bragging rights as to how you got it originally. Some day in the future when someone says "yeah I got that earlier, & I bet I got it before you did", we can all sit back & say "yeah but we got it back in the day before it was gift wrapped". LOL!

I'm waiting for Alittu items to hit the store. I actually have an alt on the corner of Plaza & Canals...offering stuff....saving for those shiny new items. Ok, she's just standing there really, not offering anything but she is waiting for that special day. I'm not one bit sad either that I spent a horrible amount of money on those boxes when it came out, & that some of those items may now be in the store soon. I'm counting my lucky stars & dancing naked under a tree with Salvatrix, or Simon, or even the great bearded lady herself, for agreeing to do that at some point.

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to bump on purpose, but seriously. After seeing all the new Alittu items in the store now, I don't know whether to kiss Salvatrix, or donate a kidney. I got a true blue tear seeing the Alcoves there. Some want diamonds, I just want dim stuff. We need someone to make a commercial for us.

"Ahh, lucky, he went to Jared!"
    "No silly, better than that, he went to Telara."

+ Reply to Thread