Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Chryseia
  • 1 Post By Kitasia
  • 1 Post By Kaynda
  • 1 Post By Jaedor

Thread: Few Questions RE Dimensions:

Soulwalker

Default Few Questions RE Dimensions:

Hi - I'm a long time Wildstar houser and, while I am fully intending to finish my current projects in that game before moving on (shut down schedule allowing), I wanted to take a look around and see what else was out there in the meanwhile.

To that end:

(1) I understand that in Rift, item collision is also disabled while editing (letting you sink items into other items) and allows for 3-way rotation and size scaling. Is there a limit on how big or small items can get?

(2) Is there a dimension "height" wall and "ground" wall (i.e., how far can you sink stuff into the floor/sky)?

(3) Is there a way to bug items into displaying outside of the dimension area (for example, in Wildstar, you can place stuff on the interior of your plot, which sits at a height of about -180 game units, and make decors giant--like 80-200 times the normal size of the item, depending on what you are using--to poke out of the exterior ground, then move them while on the exterior of the plot to fool the boundary system)?

(4) Is there a crafting system that lets you build decors or other dimension items?

(5) When I briefly poked around, it seemed to me that rep items and special currency items were also purchasable through the rift store--does that mean all decors that are not crafted can be bought through one central UI? Or are there other vendors that sell dimension items scattered throughout the world?

6) How resource intensive are dimensions in this game? Would I feel cut off from a large amount of decor if I choose not to raid or pvp?

(7) Is there a way to edit decors through coordinates or in a more... exact? manner than by eyeballing it? (by this I mean, is there a button somewhere in the UI that will move the decor a set amount of game units on a particular axis, and is there somewhere in the UI where I can enter a particular coordinate value on an axis to move the decor to that location)?

(8) I saw somewhere that there are addons that allow you to save sets of linked decors (similar to how Katia worked in Wildstar). Is there a limit to the amount of decors that can be saved as a linked set? Is there a limit to where those sets can be relocated on different accounts or in different spaces? Will the addons purchase necessary items automatically for your while placing?

(9) I am having a really hard time figuring out what the dimension item limits are in this game - is it at least 2,500-5,000? I had a bugged account in Wildstar and unfortunately got used to being able to place 3k on the exterior of a plot and am looking for something comparable.

(10) Can you dye any decor item different colors from the base color?

(11) Are inventories, decor items, currencies, and banks cross-faction (so long as you are on the same shard)?

Thanks in advance!

-Chrys
    Last edited by Chryseia; 09-14-2018 at 07:03 AM.

1) Each item has a limited size. Just depends on the item.

2) You can sink stuff into the floor. And the ceiling is rather high. Dimensions themselves are mostly huge.

3) older dimensions you can place items outside of the boundary. Newer ones you can not. You mentioned plots. I have never played wildstar. Dimensions are way-way bigger then a plot is any game I have played. They are whole sections cut out of the world.

4) There are items you can craft many many. http://dimensionaddicts.com/default-db/crafted

5) Most of the non-crafted items can be found in the store. Almost all currency for buying items you get through simple gameplay as you lvl . There are a couple of specialty vendors in the world but not many exclusive ones anymore.

6) Most dimensioneers don't raid or pvp. There are very very few items that unlock from raids or pvp and most of them you can find a kind person who is willing to purchase them for you.

7) There is an addon called Tinker Tools we use for that type of movement.

8) Tinker tools lets you save sets there is no limit that I know of. At least I haven't reached it myself. Yes you can relocate them to other files to save them elsewhere in case of OMCRap what just happened .

9) So dimensions vary in size most large personal dimension max at 2800 guild halls max at 5000.

10) There is not a dying system.

11) Inventory is not shared. There is a shard bank you can get to from any charter it is a credit purchase if you find later in gameplay you want one. But you can mail to any toon you need as long as you are on the same shard.

Hope this helps you a bit

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Chryseia View Post
    (1) I understand that in Rift, item collision is also disabled while editing (letting you sink items into other items) and allows for 3-way rotation and size scaling. Is there a limit on how big or small items can get?
    Yes there is, there is a add on you can download called Tinker Tools which will give you all the actual scale numbers .

(2) Is there a dimension "height" wall and "ground" wall (i.e., how far can you sink stuff into the floor/sky)?
    (3) Is there a way to bug items into displaying outside of the dimension area (for example, in Wildstar, you can place stuff on the interior of your plot, which sits at a height of about -180 game units, and make decors giant--like 80-200 times the normal size of the item, depending on what you are using--to poke out of the exterior ground, then move them while on the exterior of the plot to fool the boundary system)?
    Yes there is, there is a boundary in every dimension, which you can build outside of though it is not recommended as anything can happen outside these boundaries due to updates to the server etc

(4) Is there a crafting system that lets you build decors or other dimension items?
    Yes, here is a Dimension data site with crafted items listed - Dimension Addicts

(5) When I briefly poked around, it seemed to me that rep items and special currency items were also purchasable through the rift store--does that mean all decors that are not crafted can be bought through one central UI? Or are there other vendors that sell dimension items scattered throughout the world?
    Yes though is a Black Market vendor in the Celestial Lands, PvP items in the main city tempest Bay Level 50 and some faction rep items may not be on the store. I'd have to double check that one.

6) How resource intensive are dimensions in this game? Would I feel cut off from a large amount of decor if I choose not to raid or pvp?
    Items in raids are a small amount in the form of interactive items/statues, Their are also items in Level 50 dungeons, many through puzzles and an NPC item via PvP that is very difficult to get but the items are not that significant. We also have items via achievements. You can also see these items on the store or check the data site linked above.

(7) Is there a way to edit decors through coordinates or in a more... exact? manner than by eyeballing it? (by this I mean, is there a button somewhere in the UI that will move the decor a set amount of game units on a particular axis, and is there somewhere in the UI where I can enter a particular coordinate value on an axis to move the decor to that location)?
    Tinker Tools linked above.

(8) I saw somewhere that there are addons that allow you to save sets of linked decors (similar to how Katia worked in Wildstar). Is there a limit to the amount of decors that can be saved as a linked set? Is there a limit to where those sets can be relocated on different accounts or in different spaces? Will the addons purchase necessary items automatically for your while placing?
    Every dimension has limits for the amount of items you can put in it, you can find these totals on Dimension Touring Company

(9) I am having a really hard time figuring out what the dimension item limits are in this game - is it at least 2,500-5,000? I had a bugged account in Wildstar and unfortunately got used to being able to place 3k on the exterior of a plot and am looking for something comparable.
    See above they have been simplified in the last year, guild dimensions are the largest.

10) Can you dye any decor item different colors from the base color?
    No though would love that, however Rift has an amazing wardrobe UI if you haven't checked that out to dye items.

1(11) Are inventories, decor items, currencies, and banks cross-faction (so long as you are on the same shard)?
    Factions effect nothing in Rift. For dimensions you can also cross-shard invite players to your dimensions or alt's on alt accounts to exchange items from different shard auction houses etc.

Thanks in advance!

-Chrys
    You are welcome, welcome to Telara and be sure to check out the pinned resources post for in-game chats, discord chats, guides etc as well as the Dimension Guide section above that.

Loads of folks happy to help! Enjoy.

Telaran

Hi and welcome,

I'll try my best with your questions. Might not know everything, but there we go:

1) Yes. Plus you cannot know beforehand if max size is about (or less) than double or not. This will come with experience, but also in the previews I'm still surprised that items are huge and cannot be sized down too much (my favourite: dwarf (!!!) statues).

2) Haven't met any yet. Sky's the limit I'd say

3) Dunno.

4) Yes. Every craftmen can build some nice dimension items (more or less) related to the profession. For example if you are an apothecary, bottles are intuitive, chairs somewhat aren't (but they look nice).

5) Some can be bought in the general store, some cannot. However, if you enter your dimension and build stuff, and then decide you need more of the stuff you just bought, you'll get out of your dimension whereever you entered it. If I need stuff from a merchant that doesn't sell globally, you are likely to stand in front of them anyway.

6) Raiding or PVP thankfully doesn't matter as far as I have noticed. Reputation does, though, as do some items that can only be bought for ingame credits (which can be bought with ingame currency platimun, but takes a while to farm so reallife money is likely to be faster).

7) Not sure if I understand you question probperly, but you can group items and move or rotate all of them together at least with some addons (would recommend tinker tools here).

8) The addon won't buy items you don't own, but will throw an error. Dunno about any limit though, but I don't make excessive use of it either.

9) As far as I know if you fully extend your dimension you will have access to 2800 items, more in guild dimensions. Has been made equal for all dimensions about a few months ago.

10) You can build terrain paint, which affects some items but not all. Most building blocks except those made of metal (with the notable exception of "metal rod" etc itself) silver, copper, etc. Some rocks take paint, others don't.

11) the game is cross-faction for all that comes to my mind. You can group in a guild with defiants and guardians, and both can access the bank. However, as far as I remember, there is no default account storage, but storage is per character and accountwide storage needs to be bought (can be bought via platinum afaik). You can even be made mercenary in battlegrounds and be joindes to the enemy faction. Oh and you can send mail or trade cross-faction. Would recommend a neutral city though.

Hope this helps and hope I'm not wrong in anything. If so, please feel free to correct me.
    Some have a lifetime, and some just a day. Love is a thing you can't measure that way.

I think generally folks have answered your questions. Welcome to Rift dimensions and I hope you find a home here.

Some of the main advantages of building dimensions in Rift are:
    • You can build at level 1, no level requirement
    • You will find folks here happy to give you dimension items for free as well as plat to enable your building happiness.
    • Bag space is totally relevant, so folks here will also help you get bigger bags!
    • Most every base dimension in Rift is bigger than the standard plot in Wildstar, though very few are completely flat.
    • I recommend rolling a level 1 on any shard and just visiting different dimensions from the public all time list. There will be multiple base dimensions, some of which have premade structures, and others that are blank slates.

Welcome!
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Soulwalker

Thanks for the information everyone - this is extremely helpful! = )

I would like to make a few clarifications of things that have been little or not mentioned above.

There are three types of personal dimensions:
    small ones with a maximum of 1600 items
    averages with a maximum of 2200 items
    large ones with a maximum of 2800 items

One can have all dimensions in one copy but "only" 20 of these dimensions can be active at most. It may seem huge, it is much less when you are an active builder. To pass this course of 20 dimensions and unique dimensions, it will be necessary to build in the dimensions of our rerolls. Objects related to the characters will not be able to be installed there.

If notoriety is not essential to get items related to these (other players can buy the items for you), it is an additional freedom to have them mounted.

The auction house is an ideal place to find the items you need, sometimes overpriced, sometimes for almost nothing. Since a few months, we even have the opportunity to buy on other servers through the rerolls. Then just give them to a friend on our server who will give them to us then.

Storage of large quantities of items is mostly done in storage dimensions. I advise to store building blocks in the bank, these are the only items to stack by stack of 999.

Most items can be diverted from their original purpose using morphing to create new items.

The main limitation of construction in Rift is our imagination. Just visit the existing buildings to realize that almost everything is achievable with patience, time and imagination.

+ Reply to Thread