+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: CONTEST: The Story Rooms

Quote Originally Posted by Indicam View Post
    Builder - Indithiel
    Shard - Faeblight
    Dimension name - Adios Muchachos

I won't post a spoiler of the story here, but if you follow the news you may recognise this little event from July 2015.
    Thank you for your entry

Rift Disciple

I do not see a deadline for the voting. November (and December) are very busy months for some people and I can see a problem with "rushed" voting where people might not have time to view all of the entries to give them a fair shake. Can you clarify how this voting will happen?
    Veylin@Laethys <Nefarious>
    Veylin@Vigil <Ten Inches Unbuffed>

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Serpent View Post
    I do not see a deadline for the voting. November (and December) are very busy months for some people and I can see a problem with "rushed" voting where people might not have time to view all of the entries to give them a fair shake. Can you clarify how this voting will happen?
    Hi Fire,

Yes you right it is a very busy time. That's why i thought after opening of your dimensions everyone will have 3 days to vote and after that judges will have 3 days to vote too. Hopefully in one week after dead line we will know the winners But i will post a correct voting time and rules one week before 18th of november. I hope this will answer your question

Rift Disciple

Hi Lovey,
    Thanks for the clarification and just to play it safe for people at the far end of the time zones, maybe five days will be better?

I would also like to add some clarification on my entry for those not native English speakers. The definition of "familiar" used for my entry is: a spirit often embodied in an animal and held to attend and serve or guard a person.
    Last edited by Fire Serpent; 10-24-2018 at 01:22 AM.
    Veylin@Laethys <Nefarious>
    Veylin@Vigil <Ten Inches Unbuffed>

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Serpent View Post
    Hi Lovey,
    Thanks for the clarification and just to play it safe for people at the far end of the time zones, maybe five days will be better?

I would also like to add some clarification on my entry for those not native English speakers. The definition of "familiar" used for my entry is: a spirit often embodied in an animal and held to attend and serve or guard a person.
    Yes we can do 5 days, no problem.
    And ty for explanation, sound beautiful

Default Entry

Dimension name: Sherbet Lemon
    Owner name: Dalamar (Alt of Vieye@faeblight)
    Shard name:Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by Alizabeth View Post
    Dimension name: Sherbet Lemon
    Owner name: Dalamar (Alt of Vieye@faeblight)
    Shard name:Faeblight
    Thank you for your entry

Shadowlander

Dimension name: Hoarder of Stories
    Owner name: Chrystiel
    Shard name: Bloodiron

Quote Originally Posted by Iavasmeril View Post
    Dimension name: Hoarder of Stories
    Owner name: Chrystiel
    Shard name: Bloodiron
    Thank you for your entry

Although the future of our beautiful community is uncertain, I add my candidacy for the contest. May there still be many.

Dimension name : Children's Dreams
    Owner name : Kiraah (Arwhen)
    Shard: Brisesol

Quote Originally Posted by Arwhen View Post
    Although the future of our beautiful community is uncertain, I add my candidacy for the contest. May there still be many.

Dimension name : Children's Dreams
    Owner name : Kiraah (Arwhen)
    Shard: Brisesol
    Yey! Thank you for your entry, Arwhen

Quote Originally Posted by Loveyttsab View Post
    Yes we can do 5 days, no problem.
    And ty for explanation, sound beautiful
    I will be honest...5 days is only just about achievable for me if I forego all RP in game and everything else that I do...please bear in mind I have a son with severe additional needs and a full time job that involves 3 hours of commuting every week day. If you are looking at a really tight deadline on reviewing every entrants dimension with the focus on all details and intricacies with 19 entries so far...to really look at my peers wonderful creations I am going to struggle with a 5 day deadline during a week when my working and busy hours start at 5am and finish at 9pm.

I am going to have to consider withdrawing on that basis because if I can't judge others fairly then how can I expect them to judge me.

Would you consider putting it through so that we have opportunity to finish viewing on the Saturday following too? I get a late night available to me on a Friday...effectively my only respite in the week and would get more than the 2-2 1/2 hours I have available for everything I do a night in the week. If not please let me know.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3581812&dateline=1371  999004
    Zaviel - EU (Argent survivor) - Dimensions - O-RP Moonshade Outpost - Hudori, O-RP Tempest Slums - Taryth, O-RP Shimmersand Outpost - Dancingmoon. Death Mountain - Dannsadh.
    Co-GL - The Clandestine (Rift chapter)

Shadowlander

Yeah, to be fair, we gonna need more than 5 days to make this fair, people got jobs, families and its November, 5 days is simply not realistic if it has to be fair, please consider this.
    It's not just judges but participates too that has to feel they don't cheat anyone, 5 days would apply a lot of stress we don't need to place on those with busier lives.

Hey everyone,

This system is new to us as it to you...so we can find a way to make it work for everyone. If you think 5 days is not much time for you to vote, what about a week? From 19th till 25 of november? Or you have other ideas?

Tell us what you think
    Last edited by Loveyttsab; 11-09-2018 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveyttsab View Post
    Hey everyone,

This system is new to us as it to you...so we can find a way to make it work for everyone. If you think 5 days is not much time for you to vote, what about a week? From 19th till 25 of november? Or you have other ideas?

Tell us what you think
    That I can do. Putting it over weekend days means I have time and can tour while I supervise son.

Thank you. xxx Was crying as I thought I would have to withdraw.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3581812&dateline=1371  999004
    Zaviel - EU (Argent survivor) - Dimensions - O-RP Moonshade Outpost - Hudori, O-RP Tempest Slums - Taryth, O-RP Shimmersand Outpost - Dancingmoon. Death Mountain - Dannsadh.
    Co-GL - The Clandestine (Rift chapter)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast