+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: CONTEST: The Story Rooms

Telaran

Thanks for the reply. Can't prmise to get ready in time, but will try.
    Some have a lifetime, and some just a day. Love is a thing you can't measure that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaynda View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Can't prmise to get ready in time, but will try.
    Take your time and above all enjoy building
    Last edited by Loveyttsab; 09-05-2018 at 11:39 PM.

Soulwalker

Dimension name: BEES!!!
    Owner name: Lisselne (LISSELNE)
    Shard name: Deepwood

I haven't participated in one of these before, but it seems fun, although it's a pity the dimension has to be so locked down we can't invite friends in to give feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by sunandshadow View Post
    Dimension name: BEES!!!
    Owner name: Lisselne (LISSELNE)

I haven't participated in one of these before, but it seems fun, although it's a pity the dimension has to be so locked down we can't invite friends in to give feedback.
    The dimension must remain closed until the close of the contest, but you can always invite your friends in preview. When I do it, I ask them not to put +1 and return after opening to do it. I do not think this contest is different from others on this point.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Arwhen View Post
    The dimension must remain closed until the close of the contest, but you can always invite your friends in preview. When I do it, I ask them not to put +1 and return after opening to do it. I do not think this contest is different from others on this point.
    Exactly this. Closed to the public, you can always ask friends for feedback :-)

Btw, that sounds intriguing, can't wait for November to see it! Thank you for your entry!
    Last edited by Maegwynn; 09-09-2018 at 09:54 PM.
    Dimensions on Brutwacht by Alliandre, Luisa, Alliendre, Kattima, Samrahia, Jaodya, Guild "Stadtwache"

Soulwalker

Default Entry Arashna

Dimension Name: The Oval Office
    Owner: Arashna
    Shard: Brutwacht

Please don't wonder about the existing +'s. The dim is my former "Desert Steampunk Railway Station". I guess you will remember ;)

After a looooong break, I try building again. Please don't laugh toooo loudly.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Arashna View Post

Please don't wonder about the existing +'s. The dim is my former "Desert Steampunk Railway Station". I guess you will remember ;)

welcome back and thank you for your entry
    Dimensions on Brutwacht by Alliandre, Luisa, Alliendre, Kattima, Samrahia, Jaodya, Guild "Stadtwache"

Quote Originally Posted by Arashna View Post

The Oval Office ..wow ...sounds like a challenge Can't wait to see it !!!
    Welcome back and thank you for your entry

Red face

welcome back arashna can't wait to see it.
    We are glad that you are back again
    Thank you for your entry
    Chulia - Brutwacht
    Collabs with Alliandre@Brutwacht, Brot und Spiele,From Dusk till Dawn, Children of the Desert (all on Chulya@Brutwacht)
    Venedig,Goldrush,Frankenstein,Atlantis (Chulia),Tibet, Midgard,(Chulya),King Midas (Phloo), Sailing Home, (Anubyss)

I have an inspired idea for this contest and, while as a prime player/builder I cannot enter, I am prepared to pass on the idea to someone who could do it justice. It would need someone who is at least competent at morphing both people and animals. If anyone is interested, send me a mail on forums.

Builds on Prime:
    Spiral Sanctuary, Ship Ahoy, Blue Idyll, Al Fresco, Logger's Revenge, Arena, The Fated Hour, Egdol Yks, Endless Court Oasis, Musee Fantastique, Dragon Spa, Might of Heroes

Soulwalker

Thumbs down Lindhinn

Entry Lindhinn

Dimension Name:

Owner:Lindhinn

Shard Name:Gelidra

Its my first exprience about dimension match.I hadnt any hope for getting REX but this match hoped me to get REX.
    Last edited by SAMANFARTASH; 09-15-2018 at 12:46 PM.

Soulwalker

Default Contest Entry

Dimension name: TBD
    Owner name: Maybella
    There is no spoon.

Soulwalker

Default Make the contest voting public

I think the voting should be public.

Many who will not enter the contest will be following it. Let their votes count so they can feel like they are a real part of the process.

And maybe inspire them for the next contest.
    Last edited by Maybella; 09-15-2018 at 05:23 PM.
    There is no spoon.

In my opinion, making the public vote will not make it more objective. In this kind of process, there is unfortunately cronyism that will play more than objectivity and therefore a participant who has more friends will have more votes than an illustrious stranger.

General of Telara

Definitely only contestants will be allowed to vote for the exact same reason arwhen stated. The only thing that could be made public is the votes, there are several ways that could be done.

Anonymous: only the winners will be announced.
    Partly transparent: list of top 10 dimensions without number of points/no ranking
    Even more transparent: with ranking/points
    Most transparent would be with who gave how many points, but since there's a reason why votings are ustally anonymous and we don't want anyone to feel pressured to vote for someone because they are buddies instead of what they feel are the best ones, this won't happen unless every single contestant wants that.

So if you want to vote, make an eligible entry :-)

I have just seen you did, thank you for your entries, lindhinn and maybella!
    Last edited by Maegwynn; 09-15-2018 at 07:36 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast