+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kuula

Thread: Buildings

Default Buildings

Let me try and set the scene, you've added a premade building to your dime built in extra walls and floors, designed and installed the kitchen and bathroom, added the décor and furniture, then stood back to admire your work (lovely feeling). Suddenly shock horror you've gone and done it that one click to far, you've gone to pick up that item misclicked and picked up the building. I know its a really silly thing to do as every item is highlighted, but its happened to me and bet its happened to you also. Then the hours of trying to get it back into position and if you've resized it, well there's no words to describe the agony.
    Do you think there is anyway the technicians can devise a way that a building can be locked in situ so it can't be mistakenly picked it up?
    Regards Mrvice
    Mrvice Leader of "Greenscale ate my Grandpa" & also Nitemisty Leader of "Defiled" both on Gelidra

Guild Dimensions Grandpa's Rest & Defiled's Home from Home + personal dimensions by both characters pop in anytime.

I do not think this is possible because it would be a lot of calculations because it should be added to all items in fact (but this is only my personal opinion). By cons, to avoid this kind of inconvenience, I can not advise you to leave the decoration mode when you want to step back to see the result of your work. Personally, this is what I do by also hiding the interface (CTRL + U) in order to have a full screen view without parasite icon.

Default What I do

I know all about making mistakes like that. One thing I have done if I have a structure I am concerned about is saving it with TInker Tools and giving it a name. That way if it does inadvertently moved, all you do is paste it back in place.

Hope that helps!

Default oooh noooo...

I know exactly how you feel. Happend to me too.The horror!!! But i did found a way,at list way that help me a lot. If you are building with Tinker Tools, open the TT window..if you select item you will see witch item you select.You will never make that building move if you see that its select it.
    But you still have to be careful when you decorating existing building!

I hope i make any seance to you And maybe this will help you too.

I know this isn't ideal, not what you really want, and many times especially lately it is not available. I try to copy myself over to the pts every so often so I have a save what I am building just for that purpose. Just yesterday I pulled up one of my cliffs I was using for my floor. I was able to hop over to the pts find the cliff and save it then go back and re-add it to live.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kuula View Post
    I know all about making mistakes like that. One thing I have done if I have a structure I am concerned about is saving it with TInker Tools and giving it a name. That way if it does inadvertently moved, all you do is paste it back in place.

Hope that helps!
    this^ saved my life one time we were building in the sea strider, the first thing I did was saving it as a set in TT... and YES we did pick it up. After a minor heart attack I loaded it in original location and crisis was averted :-)
    Dimensions on Brutwacht by Alliandre, Luisa, Alliendre, Kattima, Samrahia, Jaodya, Maegwynn, Guild "Stadtwache", Guild "Mules" - NEW: Collab with Loveyttsab: "Cinderella" on Mules@Brutwacht!

+ Reply to Thread