+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Wonk
  • 1 Post By Arwhen

Thread: Dimension Items not working as indended!

Default Dimension Items not working as indended!

I have a dimension named "It's a White Christmas" Kestrel's Cry Ravine, in the tavern I installed 2 x larger Fae Yule trees and added candle fire (made by my Dreamweaver alt Nitemisty). I hadn't been into the dimension for a while but on entering the other week I found the candle fire on these trees had stopped working. I wrote a ticket and had a reply saying that they are aware of this and are working on a fix. However, I bought 2 x snow terrain paint on sale in the AH, to my dismay I find they don't work either. At first I thought ok its not showing because snow is already present in the dimension by default, so took them to my Tempest Island adding a terrain paint to the beach, nothing not a flake of snow in sight. I wrote another ticket but was kindly asked to report it as a bug as other players hadn't reported this issue. I did make out a bug report, but thought I'd mention the problems here as well.
    Regards Mrvice
    Last edited by Mistynite; 06-20-2018 at 11:59 PM.
    Mrvice Leader of "Greenscale ate my Grandpa" & also Nitemisty Leader of "Defiled" both on Gelidra

Guild Dimensions Grandpa's Rest & Defiled's Home from Home + personal dimensions by both characters pop in anytime.

Terrain paint does not work on all base dim ground, some items either, that's working as designed. Fire effects can go off/on depending, I've found if you leave the dim while building and return the effects get affected and may not work, going in fresh when you log in should have all the effects working.
    This has been a problem for years, it's a lot better now, but still unreliable.
    I Rift, therefore I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonk View Post
    Terrain paint does not work on all base dim ground, some items either, that's working as designed. Fire effects can go off/on depending, I've found if you leave the dim while building and return the effects get affected and may not work, going in fresh when you log in should have all the effects working.
    This has been a problem for years, it's a lot better now, but still unreliable.
    Thanks for your reply Wonk, I did try entering the dimension on login as you suggested and no candle fire flickering on the trees. As for the terrain paint I will go around my dimensions and those of my alts and see if this effect works anywhere. Although its the first time I've had trouble with paint effects, I used 'farm furrows' in a dimension and covered most of the grass areas on Tempest Island with 'desert sand'.
    Regards Mrvice
    Mrvice Leader of "Greenscale ate my Grandpa" & also Nitemisty Leader of "Defiled" both on Gelidra

Guild Dimensions Grandpa's Rest & Defiled's Home from Home + personal dimensions by both characters pop in anytime.

I was puzzled for the snowfield paint. So I did the test in ten of my dimensions, each time the test was conclusive, whether on the ground or on building blocks. Attention, on decorative objects, as a rule the effects of painting of ground do not apply, including on the floors. I think you have to look in your graphics settings the answer to your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Arwhen View Post
    I was puzzled for the snowfield paint. So I did the test in ten of my dimensions, each time the test was conclusive, whether on the ground or on building blocks. Attention, on decorative objects, as a rule the effects of painting of ground do not apply, including on the floors. I think you have to look in your graphics settings the answer to your problem.
    Dear Arwhen,
    you are so right, I checked my settings and although running on true multicore I had somehow unchecked projected textures, and as soon as that was checked the snow appeared. Thank you so much for pointing this out and my apologies for putting you to so much trouble on my behalf. However, unfortunately this hasn't lit up the candle fire on the fae yule trees.
    Regards Mrvice

+ Reply to Thread