+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [BUG] Particle Effects not working

Default [BUG] Particle Effects not working

I've been noticing with 2 specific items (so far) that the particle effects on them (or flames) are seemingly not working or activated. The 2 items in question are:

Tenebrean Energy Siphon - There's no effect at all when I put it down. I just spent 600p on the recipe for this one so I'm a little more eager to figure out what happened to it. ;P

Cursed/Tataric Braziers - No flames or smoke. I thought maybe it got changed to only work at night, but placing different times and or sky projectors doesn't seem to the be the case.

Is this a known bug / does anyone else have the same issues? or maybe it's just me. :T

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

I do not know if they are the same particle effects that I just cracked and tested.

The first, SYPHON A ENERGIE TENEBREENNE, is no doubt, this is the good. It works very well.

The second, BRAISES DE LA FORET ASSECHEE, is it the right one? Works very well too.

Nah tartaric brazier is like an actual brazier object with blue flames coming out of it.

Thank you very much for checking. Neither of those work for me for some reason. I logged out to desktop and back in several times last night. I'll check again when I get home in a bit.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

The siphon energy shows up for a split second when I first enter the dimension and then vanishes the second I take a step closer to it. The braziers never show up at all.

While I was re-checking them for those screenshots, I have noticed that certain "glowing" building blocks don't actually glow for me. Blue, light blue, green and purple don't. Yellow and red are fine though. At least out of the colors I have available.

Edit: I had a guild member check the energy siphon and it doesn't show either. I also checked my 2nd account and it's the same issue.

Edit #2: I took the Tenebrean Energy Siphon item to several different empty dimensions and was able to get it working in there. It doesn't show up when you initially put it down. You have to walk over it or move it around a little before the particles show up. I also noticed that it will disappear when you're more than 18meters away from it. I have a few Alittu Energy Siphon Bases that have the exact same effect except they're attached to a base and they don't have any of the same issues. I can see them from a lot further away and they're always there. To reiterate:

- Only works in relatively or completely empty dimensions.
    - Doesn't show up until you place it + move it around a few times.
    - Only has an 18 meter draw distance on it which isn't very far.

Tartaric Braziers - These also only work in empty/ mostly empty dimensions, but don't share the last 2 issues posted above.
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 05-02-2018 at 10:59 PM.

Just want to update/bump that this is still an issue for the 2 specific effects/items mentioned. I've even been some other peoples dimensions where these effects bug out and don't show up at all.

Not only is the Tenebrean Energy Siphon not working for me, but the effects on the Nightmare Maw Arch aren't working for me either. You know, the effects around the feet?

Dimensions: TORTURE CHAMBER ( 10/2014 ) on Faeblight by Tuasemper
    NEW DISCOVERIES (9/2015) on Wolfsbane by Elleeander

+ Reply to Thread