+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Results 46 to 59 of 59
Like Tree67Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Pagoda Dimension Contest : sponsored by Faeblight United : 4-8-18 to 7-8-18

  1. #46
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2

    Default entry for pagoda

    Name: Sodoa
    Shard: Hailol
    Name: Bonegoda

  2. #47
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1

    Default Entry

    Name: Edla
    Shard: Hailol
    Name: Undecided

  3. #48
    Rift Disciple Kuula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    127

    Default Thank you for the entry!

    Added, looking forward to seeing!

  4. #49
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1

    Default Pagoda Entry

    Character name: Amarzisha
    Shard: Faeblight
    Dimension name: Stale Ale Port

    This will be fun!

  5. #50
    Rift Disciple Kuula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    127

    Default Thank you for the entry!

    Quote Originally Posted by katmdur View Post
    Character name: Amarzisha
    Shard: Faeblight
    Dimension name: Stale Ale Port

    This will be fun!
    Looking forward to it as well!

  6. #51
    Soulwalker Mazri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    16

    Default

    OKay....so I really need to know this about the pagoda.

    Does HAVE to be asian in style? There are several other holy structures around the world that could be classified as a pagoda, like the Stave Churches in the Scandanavian countries. Do those work for the contest as well?

  7. #52
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mazri View Post
    OKay....so I really need to know this about the pagoda.

    Does HAVE to be asian in style? There are several other holy structures around the world that could be classified as a pagoda, like the Stave Churches in the Scandanavian countries. Do those work for the contest as well?
    Look at page 2 for the answer :-) I think Kuula has updated the thread accordingly?
    Dimensions on Brutwacht by Alliandre, Luisa, Alliendre, Kattima, Samrahia, Jaodya, Guild "Stadtwache"
    New! "The Sanctuary" by Alliendre, "Inquisition", guild dimension by Weltengestalter, Collabs with Chulia (all on Chulya): "From Dusk till Dawn", "Children of the Desert", "Brot und Spiele"

  8. #53
    Rift Disciple Kuula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    127

    Default Details

    Quote Originally Posted by Maegwynn View Post
    Look at page 2 for the answer :-) I think Kuula has updated the thread accordingly?
    DEFINITION:
    A temple or sacred building, usually a pyramidlike tower and typically having upward-curving roofs over the individual stories. Pagodas come in many different sizes, as some may be small and others may be large. Pagodas traditionally have an odd number of levels, a notable exception being the eighteenth-century pagoda designed by Sir William Chambers at the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, London. The pagodas in Myanmar, Thailand, Laos, and Cambodia are very different from Chinese and Japanese pagodas. Pagodas in those countries are derived from Dravidian architecture.

    This contest is to encourage the design of a structure that would be classified as a Pagoda, but is not limited to any particular style.

  9. #54
    Soulwalker Mazri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    16

    Default

    >< That doesn't quite answer my question. The one mentioned in the Royal gardens is an asian-style pagoda.
    I was referring specicifially to the Stave churches in Scandanavian countries like the picture provided.


  10. #55
    Rift Disciple Kuula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    127

    Default I'm good with that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mazri View Post
    >< That doesn't quite answer my question. The one mentioned in the Royal gardens is an asian-style pagoda.
    I was referring specicifially to the Stave churches in Scandanavian countries like the picture provided.

    Have fun! Can't wait to see.

  11. #56
    Soulwalker evle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Name: Ariya
    Shard: Deepwood
    Dimension: YingYang

  12. #57
    Rift Disciple Kuula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    127

    Default Thank you for the entry!

    Quote Originally Posted by evle View Post
    Name: Ariya
    Shard: Deepwood
    Dimension: YingYang
    Exciting---can't wait to see.

  13. #58
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    2

    Default Entry: Pagoda Dimension Contest

    Owner: Maybella
    Shard: Deepwood
    Dimension: Shoreward Island
    Dimension name: Sthirata Mein Monastery

  14. #59
    Rift Disciple Kuula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    127

    Default Thank you for the entry!

    Quote Originally Posted by Maybella View Post
    Owner: Maybella
    Shard: Deepwood
    Dimension: Shoreward Island
    Dimension name: Sthirata Mein Monastery
    Can't wait to see!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts