+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree184Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Pagoda Dimension Contest : sponsored by Faeblight United : 4-8-18 to 7-8-18

Shadowlander

Red face pagoda dimension contest

main nalisha@typhiria
    char that will build anybody@typhiria
    dimension unknown yet
    name unknown yet

i do have a question is it needed to acsess all lvls in the pagoda ? or is onley the outside a must and can i do how ever i like on the inside ?
    Last edited by nalisha; 04-14-2018 at 05:53 AM.

Default Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by nalisha View Post
    main nalisha@typhiria
    char that will build anybody@typhiria
    dimension unknown yet
    name unknown yet

i do have a question is it needed to acsess all lvls in the pagoda ? or is onley the outside a must and can i do how ever i like on the inside ?
    ** NOTE: The Pagoda structure does NOT have to be accessible. You can make a structure that is amazing but no entry, that is fine, it would need to stand on its own merit.

Does this definition extend past the atypical Japanese/Oriental to include Sri Lankan, Nepalese, Indian etc etc? So following the idea of pagoda as a tiered structure/temple but not to a cultural style? Just want to check as I have an idea but it is so far from the red edged, curled roof oriental structure that night and day would be a good comparison hehe

If so?

Owner: of the dime? TBC
    Main to contact: Dancingmoon
    Shard: Zaviel/EU
    Dimension Name: TBC but knowing my building fortunes my personal purgatory for the next 3 months.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3581812&dateline=1371  999004
    Zaviel - EU (Argent survivor) - Dimensions - O-RP Moonshade Outpost - Hudori, O-RP Tempest Slums - Taryth, O-RP Shimmersand Outpost - Dancingmoon. Death Mountain - Dannsadh.
    Co-GL - The Clandestine (Rift chapter)

Default Thank you for the entry!

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingmoon View Post
    Does this definition extend past the atypical Japanese/Oriental to include Sri Lankan, Nepalese, Indian etc etc? So following the idea of pagoda as a tiered structure/temple but not to a cultural style? Just want to check as I have an idea but it is so far from the red edged, curled roof oriental structure that night and day would be a good comparison hehe

If so?

Owner: of the dime? TBC
    Main to contact: Dancingmoon
    Shard: Zaviel/EU
    Dimension Name: TBC but knowing my building fortunes my personal purgatory for the next 3 months.
    There is no "cultural" distinction. It should be a Pagoda "structure", not a specific "style". I hope this answers the question. The judging will be on, technical detail, imagination, and aesthetics.

I hope that answers the question. If not please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuula View Post
    Hey...last time I did a contest everyone asked who the judges were, this time...ugh...sometimess you just can't win.

=P
    Oh , your fine hun, I was just wondering thats all because I never seen anyone post the judges, and I met you and your girl tonight, yep Im Raynastar and I enjoyed what you guys showed me in RP I will let ya know for sure if I am entering, this is a very technical challenge for me so I may try to do this, if not I will let ya know either way. Good luck all!

ps if I cant pull it off I may share my version of it
    Last edited by MissGreen; 04-15-2018 at 07:16 PM.
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

Default Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by MissGreen View Post
    Oh , your fine hun, I was just wondering thats all because I never seen anyone post the judges, and I met you and your girl tonight, yep Im Raynastar and I enjoyed what you guys showed me in RP I will let ya know for sure if I am entering, this is a very technical challenge for me so I may try to do this, if not I will let ya know either way. Good luck all!

ps if I cant pull it off I may share my version of it
    It was great that you for stopped by and said hello. Our guild is trying to keep the open RP alive in Tempest as well as continue pushing ahead with dimensions, etc. I hope you share your version regardless, I even started building a Pagoda, which is what inspired this contest, even though I'm disqualified...haha. See you sooon!

Shadowlander

Hmmmmmm.. I am still considering.. although I never like being told what to make, a Pagoda does not seem so huge a demand, yet being anal about every detail, I wonder if I have the time.. my Dims usually take 2 months.

Default Time

I have a Black Garden key that has a pagoda structure that I am refilling as of the item count update.

Since you didn't exclude existing builds, that gives me an incentive to refinish it in-time.

Pagoda Entry:
    Owner : Pintseyes
    Shard : @Greybriar
    Name : A Black Tea Garden (Pagoda)
    Last edited by Frappenguy; 07-09-2018 at 07:39 AM. Reason: not listed so I made it more clear
    Phineousfingers on Twitch - Phonybologna, Pintseyes, Oopsupside and Getchasome@Greybriar. Tourists on every PvE shard, NA and EU. Lots of free items available for the asking.
    All Public dimensions are on Greybriar; flagged (PBJ) *for Phonybologna's Junk.

Owner: Kitasia
    Shard: Deepwood
    Dimension: Tulan
    Dimension Name: ~Sweet Enlightenment~

General of Telara

I found a name and updated my entry post accordingly :-D

Tianlong Si
    (Translates to sky dragon temple)
    Dimensions on Brutwacht by Alliandre, Luisa, Alliendre, Kattima, Samrahia, Jaodya, Guild "Stadtwache"

Default Thank you for the entry!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitasia View Post
    Owner: Kitasia
    Shard: Deepwood
    Dimension: Tulan
    Dimension Name: ~Sweet Enlightenment~
    Can't wait to see!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuula View Post
    There is no "cultural" distinction. It should be a Pagoda "structure", not a specific "style". I hope this answers the question. The judging will be on, technical detail, imagination, and aesthetics.

I hope that answers the question. If not please let me know.
    Hey, I sent you a pm explaining but can see the description has been updated. Much appreciated for the clarification. ��
    Last edited by Dancingmoon; 04-18-2018 at 09:59 PM.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3581812&dateline=1371  999004
    Zaviel - EU (Argent survivor) - Dimensions - O-RP Moonshade Outpost - Hudori, O-RP Tempest Slums - Taryth, O-RP Shimmersand Outpost - Dancingmoon. Death Mountain - Dannsadh.
    Co-GL - The Clandestine (Rift chapter)

Quote Originally Posted by MissGreen View Post
    why would you list the judges? Are you looking for a judge? Some pagoda's are not tiered, in fact the definition is a sacred temple so does any temple count?
    of course you list the judges so you dimensioneers have a hit list when you dont win.
    *slaps kelari chest* come at me bro...actually dont i am a terrible fighter and pvper.

i think some are not really tiered if that is a way to describe it. Think region has to do with its tiering if recall from reading

Soulwalker

Default Entry

Owner/Main: Karasobra
    Shard: Typhiria
    Dimension: Gloamwood Glen
    Dimension name: unknown yet.

Let's do this, shall we? ^_^

Red face Thank you for the entry!

Quote Originally Posted by Kara Sobra View Post
    Owner/Main: Karasobra
    Shard: Typhiria
    Dimension: Gloamwood Glen