+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Maegwynn
  • 1 Post By polynomia
  • 1 Post By Arwhen

Thread: Question about dimensions??

Question Question about dimensions??

Hey all,

I just recently came back to play Rift after years of absence and this is a new feature added.

My question is are there any already made to move in dimensions for purchase say in the game store? I mean I see some you can buy but are they all empty (meaning do I have to furnish and decorate them myself?)

I have no decorative talents what so ever I am no artist,I pull my hair out trying to make a cyber home look good.

So, I would pay a pretty penny to buy an already made up dimension home...

The stuff I get for my home away from home just gets plonked any place in my current dimension and its starting to look very dumpster like. LOL

Will there ever be pre-mades in the future with different themes and what not to choose from?

General of Telara

I'm pretty sure no, but you can ask around if anyone is willing to build a dimension for you, if you provide materials or plat, and an empty dimension. I know this has been done, but not very often... most of us use it as a creative hobby :-)

There are premade buildings and furniture, also a few dimensions with an empty house or tavern, maybe you might want to try yourself in decorating something yourself anyway? :-)

also on dimensionaddicts.com you can find shared sets, but you need the materials and an addon to place them.
    Dimensions on Brutwacht by Alliandre, Luisa, Alliendre, Kattima, Samrahia, Jaodya, Maegwynn, Guild "Stadtwache", Guild "Mules" - NEW: Collab with Loveyttsab: "Cinderella" on Mules@Brutwacht!

I would suggest you either get a dimension with a building already in it, or place a building (they are cheap on AH) and then decorate it yourself with some of the ready made furniture you can buy also cheap on AH.

This way you will be able to make your own dimension home, and maybe even start experimenting and get drawn into dimension building like the rest of us

Quote Originally Posted by Maegwynn View Post
    I'm pretty sure no, but you can ask around if anyone is willing to build a dimension for you, if you provide materials or plat, and an empty dimension. I know this has been done, but not very often... most of us use it as a creative hobby :-)

There are premade buildings and furniture, also a few dimensions with an empty house or tavern, maybe you might want to try yourself in decorating something yourself anyway? :-)

also on dimensionaddicts.com you can find shared sets, but you need the materials and an addon to place them.
    Yeah see,this is where people with absolutely no design talents or creative juices fall flat on their faces.

I mean I had Faens Retreat with a building already placed but I look at it walk into the dwelling and nope nothing no inspiration what so ever.

I could throw good money after bad and still not come up with something half way decent.

And I know you are just trying to help but when I said I have no decorative talents I actually meant it.

I guess this is just going to be one aspect of the game I won't bother with cause its just more trouble for me then its worth.

And I will not pay anyone in game due to trust issues.

I would rather pay the game designers to buy something from in game store. Even something semi furnished that I can work with. But just throwing an empty plot or building in my face just does nothing for me at all.

And I will not pay anyone in game due to trust issues.

I would rather pay the game designers to buy something from in game store. Even something semi furnished that I can work with. But just throwing an empty plot or building in my face just does nothing for me at all.
    We do not only meet dishonest people in life. Asking a sizer for help in building a home can even be a rewarding experience for those who make the move. Indeed, to see a house build little by little, to share your desires to modify it according to your desires, adds a personal interest to your dimension which would not have this touch of personalization with "all done". You will feel at home here. She will be your pride. Personally, I never refuse my help to other players in search of inspiration (only on Brisesol EU). As I have huge stocks, I even supply the necessary items most of the time. I only make one condition, to have the right to reuse the model built for my own account (by modifying it anyway not to make a true copy).

There are many talented developers whose reputation is above all criticism, I think you should find on your server one of these that would help you without compensation.

+ Reply to Thread