+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sparklynn

Thread: Help with Door?

Soulwalker

Default Help with Door?

Hello, I'm making a Home in Plaza Aurentine dim and I want to make a door since the normal doors are to small. Does anyone now a dim that have a homemade door so I can get a general idea what i'm doing.?

Default Homemade doors...

Perhaps, try to incorporate the colors/textures/general feel of what you have already built into your own unique custom door

Maybe, think about the proportions of the doors in your own rl house. If the frame of what you have built is too wide, could tall panel windows be added in on the sides? Would French doors be better?

I would probably play around with building blocks, using tinkertools, and with the frame built with axis. Once you have it all made, save it as a set (that way if something goes wonky you have a backup), and then rotate/shift it into place.

For a little quick inspiration there is this fantastic article from Feendish ---> "An Open and Shut Case" Just be sure to make something that is uniquely you

Another option would be to consult a hardware store's online door catalog

Happy building.

Soulwalker

Thank you.
    After some test builds I made a simple yet nice looking door. I was talking about the big doorway in Plaza Aurentine when you spawn in.

So I use a wood a wood circle piece as the door, a iron fence as some design and hinges and a iron pole though the door as a door knob. It look like a hobbit door. It's very simple but I think it work for what I need.
    Last edited by silverskyway; 04-08-2018 at 11:30 AM.

+ Reply to Thread