• 6 Post By Maihes
  • 1 Post By Loveyttsab
  • 1 Post By Arwhen
  • 1 Post By Maihes
  • 1 Post By devanita

Thread: DIMENSION: Moonshade Monastery [Deepwood]

Plane Touched

Default DIMENSION: Moonshade Monastery [Deepwood]

DIMENSION: Moonshade Monastery [Deepwood]-2018-03-12_200103.jpgDIMENSION: Moonshade Monastery [Deepwood]-2018-02-25_195543.jpg

Please come visit and +1 my dimension

That monastery is so awesome looking, I am on my way right now!

I have no words. Phenomenal!

Where to start? The windows and arches, the main foyer, that staircase! The nooks and crannies... I love how you focused the item limit on the actual building and used pre-built furniture and accessories for the most part to decorate the spaces. Everything is proportional, nothing floats. The space is wonderfully laid out for roleplay of the best kind! I noticed one flicker but would be hard-pressed to find it again to show you.

I have been building a manor house for the better part of a few months now, almost non-stop whilst in game, and I have to ask: How long did this build take you?

Thanks SO much for sharing your work, I'm sure to be back again!
    Last edited by Gwed; 03-16-2018 at 05:48 AM.

~ Gwedhiel Zavira Warik ~

NEW! Visit my blog The Daily Gwed, for fashion inspiration and dimension touring expeditions!

Default Fantastic!

Absolutely love this dimension! You walk in to this castle and you go like: Did i saw this ...ooh wait i think this way...oops im lost....no im not....oooh this is great!...look this view,amazing!... The layout of this castle is just brilliant!!! And use of *old items*...very smart!
    Thank you very much to show this dimension!
    And ofc +1...wish could do more

p.s. This dimension is by Kaddish@Deepwood - Moonshade Monastery , did take some time for me to find it

Visit very pleasant, I agree with the opinions of Gwed and Lovey. the few "stalls" in the block alignments do not spoil the pleasure of discovery. It takes a real talent to manage to fit as many pieces in such a small space. In a word like a hundred, well done.

PS; since you have some items left to place, a few steps at the entrance of the bridge to avoid having to jump on it would seem appropriate.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Gwed View Post

I have been building a manor house for the better part of a few months now, almost non-stop whilst in game, and I have to ask: How long did this build take you?

Thanks SO much for sharing your work, I'm sure to be back again!
    Thanks for the kind words.

It took probably more than a year. I have various iterations of it on other toons, but this one is the culmination of all the work.

You guys didn't visit the caverns underneath it did you?

The caverns aren't finished, but there's enough there to get an idea of what I have planned.

Quote Originally Posted by Maihes View Post
    Thanks for the kind words.

It took probably more than a year. I have various iterations of it on other toons, but this one is the culmination of all the work.

You guys didn't visit the caverns underneath it did you?

The caverns aren't finished, but there's enough there to get an idea of what I have planned.
    I feel much better knowing I'm not the only one who works on the same project for more than a year. lol

I did! I visited the caves! I figured, with the attention to detail you had everywhere else, that the cave wasn't finished, and you were waiting on item limit to decide how to proceed. I loved the idea of the cave. Not sure if you were planning an escape route or a place for those of the monastery to have a place to meditate, or whatever else, but do let me know when it's done, I will definitely be going back to see. <3

~ Gwedhiel Zavira Warik ~

NEW! Visit my blog The Daily Gwed, for fashion inspiration and dimension touring expeditions!

Wow, what an impressive dimension! I am amazed (and a little envious!) of your ability to plan such an intricate layout like that! I love all of the architectural details like the open arches, the varying window framing, and the built-in shelving. All of the little spaces are so cozy and the atmosphere is perfection. Wonderful work, you have a new fan!

Dimensions on Faeblight by Holly * Hawthorn * Ivy

General of Telara

great dimension! I especially loved the view right from the entrance point, the monastery glowing in the sun through the mist!

Sadly, I couldn't +1, since you already had one from me...

ps: the balcony on the highest tower with the projector on it could use a step or two to get back in
    Dimensions on Brutwacht by Alliandre, Luisa, Alliendre, Kattima, Samrahia, Jaodya, Maegwynn, Guild "Stadtwache", Guild "Mules" - NEW: Collab with Loveyttsab: "Cinderella" on Mules@Brutwacht!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Maegwynn View Post

ps: the balcony on the highest tower with the projector on it could use a step or two to get back in
    Fixed.

It looks pretty good too. Thanks for kicking me in the butt to do it! :P

The layout and floor plan of this place is impressive! Did you plan it out ahead, or did you make it up as you went, or did you have reference? I'm so curious
    My favourite detail is probably the stairway in the entrance hall, with all those arches, and all the different levels in the floor of the rooms. Really great job on this!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Mordhreim View Post
    The layout and floor plan of this place is impressive! Did you plan it out ahead, or did you make it up as you went, or did you have reference? I'm so curious
    My favourite detail is probably the stairway in the entrance hall, with all those arches, and all the different levels in the floor of the rooms. Really great job on this!
    Thanks!

I started out placing outer walls and windows that would give me the best views and then built rooms around them. eventually the room dimensions fleshed out with many changes and reworks along the way.

I went with how the room would "feel", more than anything. Just made it up and added on as I went along.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Arwhen View Post

PS; since you have some items left to place, a few steps at the entrance of the bridge to avoid having to jump on it would seem appropriate.

Fixed. Thanks for the feedback.

It's very atmospheric, I could imagine the scenes going on there. Great architectural detail, really love the stairs and being lead to all the rooms like in a labyrinth almost +1 without a doubt!

+ Reply to Thread