+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree28Likes
  • 15 Post By Sparklynn
  • 2 Post By Marnth
  • 2 Post By kaymcleod
  • 8 Post By TrionBrasse
  • 1 Post By Sparklynn

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Debris and Sneak Peak *Spoilers Ahead*

Default Debris and Sneak Peak *Spoilers Ahead*

Before I get to the spoilers, I just want to announce the new zone drops to Vostigar Peaks, that should already be live... some neat mech scraps that will give us a hand in building our own robotics...

Debris and Sneak Peak *Spoilers Ahead*-2018-01-27_233800.jpg

I am excited to announce that there is a new dimension goodie box on the very near horizon. (possibly as soon as Wednesday Feb 14th's patch ~ better than a box of chocolates?)

THIS IS NOT REPLACING THE LANDQUARIUM BOX! The landquarium box will be purchasable for a while longer, it just wont be the spotlighted premium mystery box. Hopefully we will get word when it is closer to its time.

Spoiler!

For bigger preview pics, feel free to right click on the pic and open in a new tab or window
    The new key is
    Spoiler!

The dimension items you find inside most definitely match
    Spoiler!

Hey, hold up, wait a second!? what am I going to do about all these new items taking up tons of bag space?

The solution lies in the coding of the items. Tacitus took the time to code many items, individually, by hand, to be right-clickable to switch between forms. So one item might really have 1 or more versions within it. With the new lockbox you can still get multiple drops of the same item within the same card (of the five cards you get within each lockbox)

Spoiler!

In my opinion the trees are very lovely and will be fun to work with.

Does this mean more items will be right-clickable in the future? With how much work the coding takes, I really can't say. I know for the number of options it presents within the same number of items, and how much less bag space it took versus landquarium, I can say that I am GRATEFUL that he did that with this set of items. I certainly hope so, but I can't say that it will or won't.

Much like the trees, the following rock styles are right clickable to produce their variations.

Spoiler!

Perhaps morphing a custom landcape isn't quite your cup of tea?

Well this box has more to deliver! Another subset of the box is the
    Spoiler!

The box includes a handful of new dreamweaving crafting recipes.....

WAIT! Recipes? How could he??? TACITUS!!!!
    Well he does hold the power after all....

To eventually release the recipes in a form outside of the box.... (to this [releasing them to another method EVENTUALLY] Tacitus did give his word) ......
    Don't forget about how poison bubbles and hay terrain were eventually released

So for now you will have to start farming/running minions, and helping your friends out if you get the recipes.

Spoiler!

and the best for last.... the new NPCS

Spoiler!

All items, including those from the crafting can be found on my PTS dim Fun with Flags (as it still has the affinity banners in it)

To access pts, start by going to the character selection within NA/EU and click to transfer a toon. When that menu pops up, in the bottom right should be a choice to copy to PTS. Once your toon is copied, exit out of game and go to Glyph. The top right should have a dropdown which you can use to select pts (rather than na/eu). Once you have it downloaded/patched, and have loaded load pts, teleport to the plaza portal in tempest bay and talk to the green dim vendor guy standing nearby. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FOR CREDITS ON PTS!!!

Hope you get what you want from the box!

ALL HAIL CRUCIA!
    ALL HAIL CRUCIA!
    ALL HAIL CRUCIA!
    ALL HAIL CRUCIA!
    ALL HAIL CRUCIA!
    ALL HAIL CRUCIA!
    Last edited by Sparklynn; 02-09-2018 at 02:19 PM.

Plane Walker

Thank you so much for posting all of this Sparklynn.

Default Wow!

While I am definitely not a Mech-type building person, these are very exciting and shows that Trion is still very interested in our Dimension Community. I can't even imagine the work/coding involved to make the right-clickable changes. I hope they know how grateful we are!

Thank you for taking the trouble to do all this, Spark.
    LIVE: Boudicah (67), Ceridwynn (65), Gwenllyan (62), Iceniqueen (42), and Prasutagus (50) @Wolfsbane

PRIME: Boudicah (37), Prasutagus (21)
    Please visit my dimensions on Prime by searching Boudicah

4.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #4
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

This post needs a "FREAKING LOVE IT" button. Like just doesn't do enough!

Sparklynn has given me permission to feature this info in a RIFT Blog article. I am so happy!
    Brasse

ps. Bonus points for using a Dwarf for scale, hehehe.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    This post needs a "FREAKING LOVE IT" button. Like just doesn't do enough!

Sparklynn has given me permission to feature this info in a RIFT Blog article. I am so happy!
    Brasse

ps. Bonus points for using a Dwarf for scale, hehehe.
    I have to agree.... this is an absolutely amazing post. Thank you so much Sparklynn!!
    And this fits just fine in a blog article

Huge news, thank you very much for sharing it.

General of Telara

Yesssssss More Storm Legion and now mech pieces..Rejoice!!!!
    Korvac the conquerer.

Soulwalker

Default new dimension boxes.

when do the new boxes come out i have been looking all day for them.,

Can someone put together a list of the items by name? I'd like to get a shopping list started for the items I don't get in the box, & I can't see the names in the pics well. These items are awesome! I love all the Storm Legion items. They're beautiful!!
    Dimensions: TORTURE CHAMBER ( 10/2014 ) on Wolfsbane by Tuasemper
    NEW DISCOVERIES (9/2015) on Wolfsbane by Elleeander

I don't like getting things in lockboxes, because I always get things I don't want and never the things I want...
    So please, could you make it so we always get one thing of each type in the box?

they are 5 things in the box so maybe one tree or rock (but not both), one NPC (because they are the most desirable things in this box), one legion thing, one plant thing, and for the last roll, the key or recipes (of course making recipes not bound so we can trade or sell them if we already have them. DON'T make recipes bound because we pay for this and don't want to get useless things with our money.).

This way no one gets stuck with trees and rocks while wanting mech things, or the opposite.
    Last edited by Mordrahan; 02-11-2018 at 02:31 AM.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Default Friends

Mordrahan,

When the boxes do come out, hopefully some other builders will be interested in trading with you. When Landquarium box came out I swapped items with a friend so we both got what we liked. Not everyone will want the mechs and might prefer the treant NPCs, for instance.

The recipes are NOT BOA and NOT BOP! So, again, if you get one you don't like or a duplicate hopefully a friend will have a different recipe to trade. Of course with it unbound you could put them on the AH.

Hope you get your heart's desires.

Tuasemper,
    Although I don't see it quite yet, Kitasia will probably add the items to dimensionaddicts.com. Two ways to find them when they are added are: If you look under the main title there is a link for New Items. Another place to look would be By Source and then box~bag- once you see an item from the Vostigar Peak box there should be a tag link below it for the box for the box itself. That tag link should open up a new page displaying the box and all its items.. Those are methods I have used in the past. Her website is a life saver, I'm thankful for the time she puts into it.

Hope it helps.
    Last edited by Sparklynn; 02-13-2018 at 08:35 AM.

Default Wow!

Thanks, Sparklynn & Trion So much to look forward to!!!

I use Kit's site all the time. I love it! I was going to check there, just thought it was too soon. I've never copied an alt & done the PTS thing. I guess I can always try that & make a list from your dim. You said the items are in there? Is the dim list available for viewing?

Does copying an alt like that interfere with your main one on your shard in any way?

EDIT: After it installed, it says Update. But it gives me the error 1011. I posted the problem in the bug reports. Hopefully it'll work itself out soon.

Thanks for the info Spark!
    Last edited by Tuasemper; 02-12-2018 at 11:32 AM.
    Dimensions: TORTURE CHAMBER ( 10/2014 ) on Wolfsbane by Tuasemper
    NEW DISCOVERIES (9/2015) on Wolfsbane by Elleeander

+ Reply to Thread