+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Hersheykisses
  • 1 Post By Arwhen

Thread: Mathosian Art Gallery by Hersheysymphony@Greybriar

Shadowlander

Default Mathosian Art Gallery by Hersheysymphony@Greybriar

Hello! I finished this dimension a few days ago and wanted to post a few screenshots and talk a bit about it.

This dimension was started after I kept getting museum quality statues and stuff in the game, and as I continued building it started turning more into an art gallery, so I made it an art gallery with museum elements. The first room you walk into is the lobby, with 2 window views of the world this art gallery is built in, the city itself is loosely based on where I live. The room to the right if you're looking at Orphiel is the room showcasing various items that are in the game, like the statues from the hunt rift achievements, and items from epic/relic premium stashes. The room to the left if you're looking at Orphiel is the (mostly) handmade room, everything in there is made from multiple items, excluding the wall of trophies, and the stained glass projection.

This section is info about the different inspirations/ideas for the exhibits in the handmade room. Starting to the immediate right if you enter from the lobby: the spider web design is an inverted design from the back of a notebook I used in school, the stained glass projection is a neat thing you can craft in the game, the flower on the wall is actually 4 flowers, if you mentally remove the outer layer of the flower you see a new flower, until you get to the center of the design, now walk across the gap leading to the non-handmade things and you'll reach the basketball-like design, I was messing around with items in my storage dim and saw the architect cells mesh that way and I liked it so I added it to the dim, next is the wall of trophies, they were part of the original design of the museum, and I kept them because I wanted to. (hehe) Then you reach the house with a tree on the hill, that's what I envisioned when a shadow box meets a portrait, then there's the bathrooms, after that is an attempt at making a kaleidoscope design using the then-new metal building blocks. If you keep going left you reach my favourite thing, the sunset, that was inspired by me thinking, I want something natural, and in a 3-D portrait, in this dimension, and that's the first thing I thought of, the American flag is because, despite its flaws, I'm proud to be an American, and after thinking enough about it, I wanted it to look weathered, so after the initial build I kept it that way. The "wreath" as my guildies have come to call it is my first attempt at plant art, where everything except the canvas it's on are plants or trees. The tree in the meadow is the first handmade thing I made in the dim, I wanted to make a tree out of poles, just that simple. The Sudoku Stars came about whenever I was looking at extra event dim items and I thought... "hmm, I should make a night sky!", and then I went OCD with the stars and it turned into that. The horse display is because I thought it was neat. And now, for the center of the room: starting from the horse display you reach the cities connected by a bridge, and it was inspired by someone giving me the Anhket tower debris and me pondering, "what am I suppose to do with these... things?" and then it struck me they look like city skylines, and I connected them by a bridge to see if I could even make a convincing small scale bridge. To left of that is a quilt with various designs, mostly me derping around with building blocks and deciding what I like. To the right of that is a toy train in a wintry area, built because of my dad's fanaticism of trains, and wintry because I started it in the middle of winter. And last, but not least, the lighthouse, I built it because I wanted to make a building, but I could only think of houses, and then I thought about the cookie jar my mom got for Christmas, it's a lighthouse with a house attached to it, and my mom's love of lighthouses, so I decided to make a lighthouse display so that I'd have a thing for both of my parents.

And a big shoutout to my parents, being my second and third set of eyes for various things, like the lighthouse, and fountain, and to various guildies (I won't name names, but they know who they are) for items, dim stashes, and second/third opinions for the windows, lobby, etc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mathosian Art Gallery by Hersheysymphony@Greybriar-2018-02-08-1-.jpg   Mathosian Art Gallery by Hersheysymphony@Greybriar-2018-02-08-2-.jpg   Mathosian Art Gallery by Hersheysymphony@Greybriar-2018-02-08.jpg  
    Last edited by Hersheykisses; 02-15-2018 at 04:27 AM. Reason: Added more info about the dim.
    May the frogue be with you.

Great job, I do not regret my visit, nor the +1. The scenario is perfect, the scenes consistent and immersive. I particularly enjoyed the sunset over the forest and the lighthouse, majestic.
    Tier 5, 2800 items, goal achieved. I encourage chilly other servers to travel to Greybriar.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Arwhen View Post
    Great job, I do not regret my visit, nor the +1. The scenario is perfect, the scenes consistent and immersive. I particularly enjoyed the sunset over the forest and the lighthouse, majestic.
    Tier 5, 2800 items, goal achieved. I encourage chilly other servers to travel to Greybriar.

Thank you very much!
    May the frogue be with you.

+ Reply to Thread