+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By DLPS
  • 2 Post By Challengere
  • 1 Post By Kiwi

Thread: Dimensions on Prime server...

Default Dimensions on Prime server...

I havenít caught all the information regarding the new Prime server, but Iím intrigued that dimensions will be included.

Thoughts:

As the Prime server event will last about a year then be Ďdeletedí, Iím wondering how I would feel about putting effort into a build that might disappear. Or will Trion let us transfer our work to an alt of our choice on the Live servers? Logistically, that might be tricky.

I primarily spend my time building, playing the minimum amount of game content to support my dimension habit. However, I once loved vanilla Rift and the concept of Prime may get me playing again. That said, for the time/effort required to get Prime operational, I would have vastly preferred a solution to the dimension storage/UI issue that would free up my time so I could play the existing content on Live.

If dimensions and items are the same on Prime, I may not be motivated to build there when I can just build on Live with my 6 guilds worth of stored items. However, if there will be new keys and different items, I may be tempted.

Bonus point: if there is only one Prime server, weíd all be together!

I am at once excited and anxious!

Your thoughts? What have you heard?
    LIVE: Boudicah (67), Ceridwynn (65), Gwenllyan (62), Iceniqueen (42), and Prasutagus (50) @Wolfsbane

PRIME: Boudicah (50), Prasutagus (32)
    Please visit my dimensions on Prime by searching Boudicah

I am playing a lot of catch up having been away from Rift for almost a year (I think!), but I did see the news about the Prime Server. As this server is being promoted as having less loot crates and micro-transactions, I am also interested to know how this will impact dimension items. Perhaps it will be more geared (pun intended) towards raiding and such rather than where we tend to spend our credits/$. I would love to get a little more info on that. Like you, I don't know if I would like to lose a dimension when the server gets shut down but it's certainly an interesting prospect to play a more vanilla style.

Bella
    Bellarosa ~ Dimensions Lovingly Created on Laethys - look for Bellarosa

Exclamation

Prime is a Raid Fest thats it, DO NOT go there for anything else than a fast grind free short lived game that you will then return to Live with nothing more than a title and pet to show for

Default Iím still curious....

There will be no minions on Prime, so how would we acquire building blocks? That would be an interesting challenge. I would love to hear more from a Dev regarding dimension building on Prime. 😄
    LIVE: Boudicah (67), Ceridwynn (65), Gwenllyan (62), Iceniqueen (42), and Prasutagus (50) @Wolfsbane

PRIME: Boudicah (50), Prasutagus (32)
    Please visit my dimensions on Prime by searching Boudicah

RIFT Fan Site Operator

The store will be available for dimension items and otherwise everything is via the world. There has not been any word on minions.

The reason I asked if the servers will be like PTS is because I was curious how I could also build dimensions because I have no desire to collect items all over again though will do so naturally just playing Prime content.

This is what I will do currently with the info we have that might change if info does:

Use a F2P account, put on friends list/ special permissions to all my banks/storage/guild banks to build on while I play on my main account on Rift Prime.

Isp
    Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    There has not been any word on minions.
    They said that minions will be disabled on prime.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Isp View Post
    They said that minions will be disabled on prime.
    It makes sense there would not be and I should have said I can't remember if it was on the livestream or not. My strategy remains the same with or without minions.

My biggest concern now is, what about my precious wardrobe and dye colors? *cries*
    Last edited by Kiwi; 01-26-2018 at 11:44 AM.

The prime server's are basically current server's but capped and restricted through a timescale, hence all the items and dimensions currently in game will be accessible at launch.

The specifications if credits is still available isn't clear, but likely. They did say basic boosts will stay, so will buying cosmetics, so they've got to use something, which has to be credits.

Hence you can buy pretty much all the items except ones behind walls such as achievements and artifacts.

With all this information, should one choose to build on Prime? I think the answer is relatively simple; definitely no.

They will delete it, they will not transfer it, items will be far harder to achieve, you will not achieve these in the given timescale. You will not have long to build.

The only enticing thing about vanilla rift for dimensioners would be the challenge of building with a limited array of items (like the old days), but that's the point, it's not vanilla rift, the items are not restricted (except possibly stashes).

As said above, Prime is about rushing through content, you won't have time to build, and if you do, you're wasting your time.
    Last edited by Refuge; 01-31-2018 at 06:26 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

+ Reply to Thread