+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree503Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: an angel got her wings

Congratulations and thank you Tacitus and Trion, I was moved to tears in front of his pnj. Wintercharm will live again and help the dimensioners by selling the flowers that bear his name. This tribute goes straight to my heart, although I only knew Wintercharm through his creations. I am sure that up there, she must be astonished at all the tributes that have been done to her. She certainly deserved a lot more. Goodbye, Little Angel.

Soulwalker

Default Sending bear hugs from a mom and her grandaughter.

I read about your precious Wintercharm, I don't remember ever meeting her, but i am so sorry you lost a part of your soul but know that with the wings she has now she will watch over everyone and the animals she loves so much. i had created this Snow Bear before i read this post. and it was made for my Beautiful 16 year old Grandaughter , she is my life , so i hope you like it as much as i do, we both are sending you and your family bear hugs and everyone that ever knew her. i hope she can feel the love from the hugs . Thank you Kiwi for allowing me to build this bear in the tribute to Windercharm..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails an angel got her wings-bear-hugs-2.jpg   an angel got her wings-bear-hugs.jpg  

Soulwalker

Default No Way!!

Just heard this tonight, though I ran into her Avatar in Iron Peak during the Winterfest, I thought it may have because it was she won something!
    My sincerest and heartfelt condolences to her family.

Her dims were beautiful and so creative.

Thank you for sharing her with us while she was here on this plane.

Soulwalker

I only knew Winter briefly, as her alt Keyvah on Wolfsbane. She'd asked in general chat if anyone could let her use the guild dimension Caer Kholum. My guild had that dim, and it wasn't in use, so I invited her in and let her loose! Once I knew she was creating her version of Rivendell, I changed her guild rank to "Elrond's Architect" which seemed to amuse her. We didn't spend much time chatting, all I knew about her was that she worked at an aquarium somewhere.

After the first burst of building, she only signed on occasionally, usually when I was offline, so we hardly ever met, but I eagerly checked the dim if I saw that she'd been on recently, to see what she'd added.

And then I saw Trion's article about remembering Wintercharm, a name I didn't know, and went to read it. And when I saw the NPC was named Keyvah Wintercharm, and that it really was the Keyvah I knew, it hurt like hell. Though I hardly knew her (we maybe spent an hour in total in guild chat over the months) I was interested in what she was doing in the dim, and looking forward to the "grand opening" when it was finished. She'd asked me not to tell anyone about it so I was also looking forward to the surprise! And that is part of my sadness, that she'll never do the grand reveal, and that my guild is now host to an unfinished masterpiece.

I have made two changes - two of her flowers are now planted where you enter the dim, and I changed the name to "Rivendell by Wintercharm". I will add no more, and take nothing away.

And I will leave Keyvah in the guild, though whenever I check the roster it hurts to see the days increasing since her last login, knowing that they'll never reset to a few hours, or a day or two.

Finally, in this long ramble, I had given her a tab in the guild bank to keep her dim stuff in - I've now put the items in a dim so that those who knew and loved her can maybe create another memorial with those items. Contact Islington@Wolfsbane if you want to help.

It was with great emotion that I visited "Rivendell by Wintercharm". She will be sorely missed (although I did not know her intimately). But his memory will live a long time. Each time, that we will see its flowers in one dimension, we will think about this little angel left much too early.

I just finished touring 'Rivendell by Wintercharm' on Wolfsbane and I found it absolutely gorgeous.
    She did an amazing job capturing just the right serene atmosphere and it has a really nice flow to it.

If you haven't seen it yet I highly recommend you visit, you won't regret it

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #67
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Tacitus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Islington View Post
    "Rivendell by Wintercharm"
    This build truly is stunningly beautiful.
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    This build truly is stunningly beautiful.
    ... as is the tribute you have created in game. Thank you so much, tacitus

Soulwalker

Default CAnt find

I can't seem to find this dimension no matter what I search?
    I only knew Winter briefly, as her alt Keyvah on Wolfsbane. She'd asked in general chat if anyone could let her use the guild dimension Caer Kholum. My guild had that dim, and it wasn't in use, so I invited her in and let her loose! Once I knew she was creating her version of Rivendell, I changed her guild rank to "Elrond's Architect" which seemed to amuse her. We didn't spend much time chatting, all I knew about her was that she worked at an aquarium somewhere.

After the first burst of building, she only signed on occasionally, usually when I was offline, so we hardly ever met, but I eagerly checked the dim if I saw that she'd been on recently, to see what she'd added.

And then I saw Trion's article about remembering Wintercharm, a name I didn't know, and went to read it. And when I saw the NPC was named Keyvah Wintercharm, and that it really was the Keyvah I knew, it hurt like hell. Though I hardly knew her (we maybe spent an hour in total in guild chat over the months) I was interested in what she was doing in the dim, and looking forward to the "grand opening" when it was finished. She'd asked me not to tell anyone about it so I was also looking forward to the surprise! And that is part of my sadness, that she'll never do the grand reveal, and that my guild is now host to an unfinished masterpiece.

I have made two changes - two of her flowers are now planted where you enter the dim, and I changed the name to "Rivendell by Wintercharm". I will add no more, and take nothing away.

And I will leave Keyvah in the guild, though whenever I check the roster it hurts to see the days increasing since her last login, knowing that they'll never reset to a few hours, or a day or two.

Finally, in this long ramble, I had given her a tab in the guild bank to keep her dim stuff in - I've now put the items in a dim so that those who knew and loved her can maybe create another memorial with those items. Contact Islington@Wolfsbane if you want to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaackk View Post
    I can't seem to find this dimension no matter what I search?
    It's on Wolfsbane, and the dimensions name is:
    Rivendell by Wintercharm

It's not a personal dimension, but a guild dimension

It should be at or near the top if you look on the weekly list.

Thank you for sharing. She was so clever and hearing how she asked around to try and build in a specific dimension made me smile, I'm sure make's us all smile. This is how keen and clever she was. It's so nice you responded. I am and will forever be sorry for your loss also, along with all of ours and especially her family and loved ones at home.

Pie

Default Another tribute to Wintercharm

I posted a shot of my flowers at Wintercharms Garden. This is the spot I made at Coochee's tribute garden dim. Thanks to you all for the chance to honor her.

No comment

Hi all I've been out of the loop for awhile with medical issues & whatnot. The news of this tragedy brought me to tears. Although I never got to meet Winthercharm her work has always inspired me. Her creativity was endless. A true artist. My thoughts & prayers are with her friends & family. No one should have to lose a child ;(

BIg respect to Trion for their fantastic tribute. Her memory will be here forever. That's why we love you.

I've recently finished a build under Xyndaria called Christmas at Icewatch. It has my little tribute to Wintercharm. May she rest in peace. I'm sure she's a beautiful angel. Much Love <3

an angel got her wings-2018-01-20_221646.jpg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5