+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree520Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: an angel got her wings

Shadowlander

Default So very sorry to hear this

I've only been a now&again member of the dimensions group so I didn't know her as well as the others, but her loss still has me in tears. My deepest, and sincerest condolences to her family and all those who knew & loved her.

For this to happen at this time of year brings a pall to the events her family was most likely planning. And also very likely will bring a pall to future Christmases as well, but instead of letting this destroy your family times, why not try to make your personal family events be a memorial to her life and celebrate the things she loved most. Beauty, generosity, caring.

I wish I could find words to ease the pain, but all I can say is, she touched lives. And even those of us who didn't know her well, are grateful we knew her.

I was heartbroken to hear this news today. I have not been on Rift the past couple of days and when I logged in today and read my guild wall I saw the news. I am in Dharma and although I have not been in the guild very long Winter was an amazing person. She has amazing dimensions and I love her Pumpkin Spyce Cottage, I couldn't figure out how to get in her cottage and she came and helped me figure out that there are now interactable doors. I was just watching her win one of our Guild costume contests the other day at our Yule party. She will be forever missed in Dharma, my thoughts and heart goes out to her family and friends.

Default With a heavy heart

Winter you touched us all with your kindness even more so with your dimensions and your creativity , i can honestly say the big guy upstairs just got one creator that builds with a heart i send my condolences to family friends loved ones , this is for you winter just wish i wasn't a mess making it , thank you for always lifting me up when i couldn't myself .

Odintia Amymone Sagie Tantalos Odinscloth Odininchains Odinsbelt Odinstunic OdinsHelm

It has been Fun most of all a learning experience that i am sure will never end .
    Odin Tea Ah 2016.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by oochee View Post
    I know Wintercharm was from Hailo. I have set up Wintercharm Tribute up in Stone Flask Tavern on Feablight. There are 4000 items you can design what ever the dimming community would like. I will not remove anything from this dim. I can be reached on Tawsuoko or Coochee on Feablight if you are on a different shard. I am on from 10 am to about 11 pm PST. It is open to the public.
    Yay, I'm glad this got set up. I will pop in and spread some of my Alien magic later on. Thanks for doing this.
    Korvac the conquerer.

I am deeply saddened to hear of Winter's passing, she was one of the kindest persons I have met in RIFT. She had a natural artistic expression that made your heart smile and she was generous with her time and sharing of information. She would always go out of her way to be helpful to others and send special notes in game that I will always cherish.

She will be missed, I hope that her loving spirit lives on within the dimension community as she will forever be a star here and beyond for certain. May her family and friends find peace.

Love,
    Nouvae

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by oochee View Post
    I know Wintercharm was from Hailo. I have set up Wintercharm Tribute up in Stone Flask Tavern on Feablight. There are 4000 items you can design what ever the dimming community would like. I will not remove anything from this dim. I can be reached on Tawsuoko or Coochee on Feablight if you are on a different shard. I am on from 10 am to about 11 pm PST. It is open to the public.
    Love this idea Tawsuoko, thank you for beginning conversations on such Swordkata.

I would like to do something a little different on Greybriar. If one or two others on Greybriar would like to help me build the base for a memorial "Wintercharm Garden" that we can then open at prearranged times over the next few weeks for others to come plant flowers please PM me.

Also happy to help anyone wanting to set up anything to honor Wintercharm on any shard or even if you just need to talk, please feel welcome to PM.

It's almost Christmas day, be gentle on you and reach out if to friends and family if needed everybody! Loving and memorable days to you all.

Pie

Default Godspeed Winter

I had done my dimension work pretty much alone until I discovered the dimentionaddicts@Deepwood channel. I asked one day soon after joining about finding one of the dimension horses. My very first interaction with Winter was her simply and graciously giving me a handsome horse which I knew to be a rather pricey piece. It remains in my Fae Village today. She set the tone for how to be generous and gracious in the dimension community. I have tried to follow her example, and will continue to try to live up to her model.
    I have treasured our chats and explorations. I had been looking for her to thank her for the sweet gift I got from her in game this week. I failed. But I am sending my gratitude and respect to her into the universe.
    I often weep when I am touched by something, more so than when I am sad. But the tears have flowed a good bit with the loss of Winter for both reasons. I am so sad for her family and for you all who have been such good long time friends in Rift. Godspeed Wintercharm. I will miss you.

Last edited by Pie; 12-24-2017 at 12:40 AM.

Pie

Quote Originally Posted by Nouvae View Post
    Thank you Nouvae for this tribute! Beautiful.

Default WinterCharm

this is how I see her and will always see her. click on the image to see it full! Merry christmas all, love you all. I hope all have a great holiday. If any of you need help let me know, whether in this game or reality...I am here.:P)xoxoxo
    Last edited by MissGreen; 12-24-2017 at 07:07 PM.
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

I've been away from Rift for quite some time, but you all are never far from my thoughts. It is because of you all, the dimension community, that I still check the forums and log in now and again.

You creative and kind and generous people, who make me laugh and now make me cry... I just came across Odintia's youtube video, a tribute to a fallen angel and I could not believe the news.

I remember Wintercharm's "Rise of the Snowqueen" entry to the Fae Jule building contest. She was full of imagination and I loved all her dimensions.

My heartfelt condolences go out to her family and friends. I am so beyond sorry that she was taken from us far too soon.

I am sending hugs to you all. My thoughts and my heart is with all of you.

Soulwalker

I did not know her but wish I had. In a world of cynical and negative people, it's refreshing to read of one with a bright, positive outlook on life. Then heartbreaking to learn this bright shining star has been taken away too soon.
    My deepest condolences to her loved ones.

Mimeo

Default It was a privilege

I spent the better part of an afternoon going through many of her dim builds and they were astonishing. Her attention to detail is something to emulate.

I truly hope her loved ones and family are able to access her dims so they can serve as a reminder of her talent and imagination. Maybe someone can show them how to take video within the game just in case Rift doesn't last forever (although we all hope it goes the distance!).

You will be missed, Winter.
    LIVE: Boudicah (67), Ceridwynn (65), Gwenllyan (62), Iceniqueen (42), and Prasutagus (50) @Wolfsbane

PRIME: Boudicah (43), Prasutagus (22)
    Please visit my dimensions on Prime by searching Boudicah

Soulwalker

She will be with us forever. Her kindness, generosity, creative spirit, lively nature, and love for dims has put her in a special place in my heart. I wish I had more time to know her better. I've been to many of her dims over time and now, revisit them with new insight and deeper feelings. How can we capture a soul in the game world? Build a dim. She will live with us now, forever, in the ether.

Her mother was just visiting her Zen Sanctuary. To see her avatar standing there...knowing it was her mom behind the keys was surreal. I am touched beyond words at how close I suddenly felt to her. Presence is real.

Bless the child.
    Torrment, Crowgirl, Torrcher @Laethys

Default an update

I want to thank all of you, who have taken a moment to read through and/or to share on this thread. Your responses show how one candle can truly light a room and how that light can continue to shine in the hearts of many after that candle goes out. My hope is that you will always feel free to read and write on this thread. This thread has been shared with Winter's mother so she may see the impact her daughter had.

I would also like to express my gratitude to those who have offered a shoulder to cry on, a back to lean on, a hand up; even when they might be grieving themselves. Everyone grieves in their own way, but the support (or even knowing support is available) sure helps.

At this time I would like to share one of the news videos a friend found and shared with me. As it does disclose Wintercharm's real name and family, I am asking that you please be respectful of them and their privacy, as they maneuver through this challenging time.

https://www.cheknews.ca/port-alberni...s-life-400996/

The fact that you are on this thread and simply reading is enough for me. However, if you do want to contribute here is the link to the go fund me campaign Winter's Great Uncle Ben has set up:

https://www.gofundme.com/in-memory-of-nikita

Thank you all,
    Hugs,
    Sparklynn

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast