+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Feendish

Thread: What building block is it? HELP!

Telaran

Default What building block is it? HELP!

If you visit dim called "what the hell" - what Building block is used as floor in the basement?

Ive been trying to figure it out - even tried Black carpet! - but it seems like its some kind of stone/granite. But its much darker...and its not iron (ofc no access to "Building list"). Ive even tried to box myself in to block any kind of light with both Stone, Iron, and Granite...Seems sides and top is stone+granite so what is the floor?? Searched Dimension Addicts for answer too, but...nothing. Its driving me crazy lol

If you could PLEASE tell me what Building block used i will be

Thank you

ps. If you do a 180 turn around the right corner as you zone in - where tentacles are - and keep camera at angle where you can see both floor, sidewall and cieling - you can tell there is a color difference between the 3 Building Blocks used.
    Last edited by Nirrana; 12-17-2017 at 11:10 PM.

Rift Disciple

What shard is this dimension on? Better yet, take screenshots and post here. All the info you can give the better.

Sword of Telara

I think what the hell is from ralitza on gelidra EU? I won't be home to be able to check until late evening, perhaps someone else can check :-)

It's possible she used terrain paint though
    Dimensions on Brutwacht by Alliandre, Luisa, Alliendre, Kattima, Samrahia, Jaodya, Guild "Stadtwache"
    New! "The Sanctuary" by Alliendre, "Inquisition", guild dimension by Weltengestalter, Collabs with Chulia (all on Chulya): "From Dusk till Dawn", "Children of the Desert", "Brot und Spiele"

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Looking at my old screenshots of that dimension, it's either a Kelari Temple flipped upside down, or large Kelari staircases.

EDIT: Popping in the dimension, yeah, it looks like the staircase sides/bottoms. Normally, the Kelari Temple undersides are a solid black that makes them good for blocking off large areas. Can't confirm without access to the item list, but I'm almost certain that's what it is. So...not a building block at all!
    Last edited by Feendish; 12-18-2017 at 07:11 AM.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel
    The DTC: Dimension Tours - Building Tips

Baradara@Greybriar

Sword of Telara

What building block is it? HELP!-2017-12-19_092855.jpg

it's the stairs, there are a few corners where you can sneak a peak beyond the walls when you stand in the right position... and the temple is really black at the bottom :-)
    Last edited by Maegwynn; 12-19-2017 at 12:31 AM.
    Dimensions on Brutwacht by Alliandre, Luisa, Alliendre, Kattima, Samrahia, Jaodya, Guild "Stadtwache"
    New! "The Sanctuary" by Alliendre, "Inquisition", guild dimension by Weltengestalter, Collabs with Chulia (all on Chulya): "From Dusk till Dawn", "Children of the Desert", "Brot und Spiele"

Default Crafted

The Dreamweaver Draumheim Oval Platform, flipped over, is also exceptionally black and flat.

... and then there are always the crafted matte black squares and rectangles. It would be nice if a lot of the new items had black on the bottom like some of the older ones. But I know that would be a lot of work and I am willing to take more rather than better.
    Last edited by Frappenguy; 12-19-2017 at 08:00 AM.
    Phineousfingers on Twitch - Phonybologna, Pintseyes, Oopsupside and Getchasome@Greybriar. Tourists on every PvE shard, NA and EU. Lots of free items available for the asking.
    All Public dimensions are on Greybriar; flagged (PBJ) *for Phonybologna's Junk.

One of the first things I often do when nabbing new dim pieces is flip them over to see if the undersides make usable large-scale terrain. Which is kind of annoying when I discover that some of them are just 'facades' that are invisible when you do that.

Can't believe I hadn't tried that with the Kelari temple though, I may need to see how well that works!

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraiko View Post
    One of the first things I often do when nabbing new dim pieces is flip them over to see if the undersides make usable large-scale terrain. Which is kind of annoying when I discover that some of them are just 'facades' that are invisible when you do that.

Can't believe I hadn't tried that with the Kelari temple though, I may need to see how well that works!
    I like the temples because they are large and square. Storage buildings (which also have a matte black underside for coverage of very large areas) and the draumheim platforms both have wonky shapes that can lead to a lot of overlap.

18 Kelari temples blocked out pretty much an entire Everywhere build:

What building block is it? HELP!-2017-01-30_201745.jpg
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel
    The DTC: Dimension Tours - Building Tips

Baradara@Greybriar

+ Reply to Thread