Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Jamalji
  • 1 Post By Jamalji

Thread: The House That Wept - Greybriar

Default The House That Wept - Greybriar

Dimension Name: The House That Wept on Halloween
    Dimension Owner: Daanara
    Shard: Greybriar
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course it's a love story.

Houses don't weep unless it's heart has been broken.

In 1896 a love struck gentleman wrote a message requesting his lady to meet him for a Halloween Holiday at the popular resort Granite Falls. He made advanced preparations and asked the hotel manager to recommend a spot for a private picnic with the best view. With only the enthusiasm born of love, he prepared the setting and surprise.

Then a fog rolled in.

Granite Falls was stricken with a binding plague. Some say it was the scarecrows, another theory was the hotel manager wanted to add some local interest to the event and took it too far.

After more than a century, visitors remain ensnared in this moment, including our lovers.

The sadness of this event broke the hotel's spirit and has begun weeping tears of anger and grief.

Whether it's an aftereffect of the spell or if houses are actually are capable of showing emotion, we will never know.

[to be continued...]

Easter Egg:
    Name of Hotel is named after a Canadian tv show.
    For anyone who is a fan of Hayao Miazaki's Howl's Moving Castle - a surprise waits for you.

Please take a moment to visit The House That Wept on Halloween and give a like.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The House That Wept - Greybriar-2017-11-12_081229.jpg   The House That Wept - Greybriar-2017-11-12_080741.jpg   The House That Wept - Greybriar-2017-11-12_090521.jpg  

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

I enjoyed my visit to your dimension very much, and that is quite a story that goes along with it.

(Give it some votes with your characters to put it on the weekly!)

Great work!

Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel
    The DTC: Dimension Tours - Building Tips

Baradara@Greybriar

I'm proud to say that I earned my first dimension award!

Calcifer thanks you as well, though you wouldn't know it looking at him!
    The House That Wept - Greybriar-2017-11-20_055910-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Jamalji View Post
    Calcifer thanks you as well, though you wouldn't know it looking at him!
    Attachment 32316
    This is a wonderful idea! Now I have to try to make ghosts with blue and white effects and these eyes...

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

I hadn't had a chance to visit before today, and I can't find The House That Wept on Greybriar anymore. :/ Have you closed it?

~ Gwedhiel Zavira Warik ~

NEW! Visit my blog The Daily Gwed, for fashion inspiration and dimension touring expeditions!

Gwed
    I hadn't had a chance to visit before today, and I can't find The House That Wept on Greybriar anymore. :/ Have you closed it?
    Hi Gwed it's still there. I don't know how to close a dimension.

I was able to find it under SEARCH and PUBLIC (weekly). Daanara is the owner.

Please try again!

+ Reply to Thread