• 1 Post By Galandrial
  • 1 Post By Maegwynn
  • 1 Post By polynomia

Thread: Movember Extravaganza! Retro Dim Contest

Shadowlander

Default Movember Extravaganza! Retro Dim Contest

Movember Extravaganza!

November 1, 2017
    Movember Extravaganza! Retro Dim Contest-cdcb93_54379fc73c0c4251bff07245adcc9966-mv2.png

Starting November 1st and running until November 25th Fayme will be hosting a dimension contest like no other! A digital throw back to the gaming days of ol'. Try your hand at creating something truly magical and sharing with the rift community.*
    The contest will consist of creating a scene with in any dim of your choosing (with the exclusion of the
    peaceful hills dimension from trove) representing a "classic" or "retro" video game. some examples include super mario, pac man, Vanilla Wow, Space invaders, etc.
    there's no need to do the entire dimension only enough to take a screen shot from angle that you wish.*

you cannot incorporate characters into your dim via photoshop, how ever you are free to use in game characters (including your own and friends) as well as*dim NPC's (such as bartenders, horses etc.)
    you are free to use a fully upgraded dim.
    judging will be conducted by fame and special guest judge Lady werewolf and the top 3 contestants will have their creations voted on by the views on the day of the 25th during a live stream on twitch.*
    finalists do not have to be present on the 25th in order to receive their prizes if they win.*
    feel free to submit up to 2 screen*shots or collages of your work in order to get the most detail possible of your image.
    images can be uploaded to whatever site you wish, and then tagged via twitter @Fayme_Rift or a DM. as well as a PM on twitch with w whisper to www.twitch.tv/akaFayme
    please include the video game referenced and if you wish feel free to also include a reference image as well.
    *The contest winner will receive a prize consisting of the Trion Creators exclusive mount "Cosmic Whisps" 1 REX and 1,000 plat to help them on their way in Telara*

----------------------------------------------------

This is open to NA and EU this is a contest Hosted by Fayme@Greybriar the prize will be given away via code.
    Galandrial isn't responsible for this contest in anyway just helping a friend by posting info. If I can ill try to help answer any question if possible.
    Last edited by Galandrial; 11-03-2017 at 09:14 PM.

Soulwalker

any questions or comments you can contact me at www.twitch.tv/akaFayme or @fayme_rift on twitter

Sword of Telara

New dimensions only (created especially for this contest) or can they be old dimensions that have been open for a while now?
    Alliandre - Brutwacht
    My Dimensions
    New! "Tartaros" and "Tick Tock" by Alliendre, "A Dragon's Treasure" by Luisa and "Vogelzug" by Jaodya

I can not wait to see what is made here

Default What a wonderful idea

I have a long-term project building Athkatla (Baldur's Gate II - very, very retro lol), but I won't be able to finish it until 25th (well maybe Nov.25th next year hehe). I can't wait to see all the entries though! Good luck all, looking forward to seeing your beautiful creations <3
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Shadowlander

Default Just need a scene pic

Quote Originally Posted by Laeti View Post
    I have a long-term project building Athkatla (Baldur's Gate II - very, very retro lol), but I won't be able to finish it until 25th (well maybe Nov.25th next year hehe). I can't wait to see all the entries though! Good luck all, looking forward to seeing your beautiful creations <3
    as long as you have at least one scene created in that dim you can still submit the picture for the contest. Remember everyone it doesn't have to be an entire dimension build, only a scene depicting a Retro game. Please have fun and enjoy working your dimension magic!!!

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Maegwynn View Post
    New dimensions only (created especially for this contest) or can they be old dimensions that have been open for a while now?
    If i understand the rules correctly "The contest will consist of creating a scene with in any dim of your choosing" it would would require you to create a scene and not used a created scene. Thats just my guess, to get a confirmed answer youl"ll have to get a confirmed statement from Fayme using the contact listings that he posted.

I hope this helps

Sword of Telara

thanks, I did, he said old builds are fine :-)
    Alliandre - Brutwacht
    My Dimensions
    New! "Tartaros" and "Tick Tock" by Alliendre, "A Dragon's Treasure" by Luisa and "Vogelzug" by Jaodya

Shadowlander

Sounds interesting, though I'm not promising anything (don't have much time right now).

When I can enter a Vanilla WoW dimension, I guess other MMORPG are allowed as well?

How about using pets in my dimension? (If I'm a cleric, I might want to use my fairy companion) - allowed?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Kaynda View Post
    Sounds interesting, though I'm not promising anything (don't have much time right now).

When I can enter a Vanilla WoW dimension, I guess other MMORPG are allowed as well?

How about using pets in my dimension? (If I'm a cleric, I might want to use my fairy companion) - allowed?
    yes I'm pretty sure that is allowed since he is allowing players in the scene

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Maegwynn View Post
    thanks, I did, he said old builds are fine :-)
    Awesome ty for confirming that Maegwynn!!! Appreciate you letting us know!!!

Shadowlander

Default 2 Weeks Left

There are two weeks until the competition closes. Due to requests I have asked Fayme at the end of the competition to share the entries and photos submitted for everyone to enjoy and go see. Dont miss on this excellent time to be creative and possible win some prizes!!! Good luck everyone!

Thank you so much for posting this contest
    Got me thinking of all the old "point & click" games I played ages ago and even found out that they remade the first 2 monkey island games which I immediately bought

If I actually get time between playing them, I would love to try and create a scene from one of them.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by polynomia View Post
    Thank you so much for posting this contest
    Got me thinking of all the old "point & click" games I played ages ago and even found out that they remade the first 2 monkey island games which I immediately bought

If I actually get time between playing them, I would love to try and create a scene from one of them.
    I'm so glad you like it and its brought back some nostalgic memories. I would love to see what you create and hope you get a chance to participate.

“There comes a time in your life when you have to choose to turn the page, write another book or simply close it.”
    ― Shannon L. Alder

+ Reply to Thread