+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Dimension Vfx Change on PTS

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default Dimension Vfx Change on PTS

Hello all!

We've made a change on PTS to increase render priority of most visual effects when used in Dimensions. This should fix problems of visual effects failing to render or flickering in and out as some have reported in Dimensions, particularly the Bronze Tomb.

If anyone is able to try out a visual effects heavy dimension where you've had that kind of problem on PTS and see if the situation has improved, posting results here would be appreciated.

Hope to see a visual improvement and hope not to see a big performance hit with improved vfx rendering.

Thanks much!

I have a dimension on my alt that I use to store all candles, braziers and other stuff with open flames/fire in them.
    I have experienced the failing effects bigtime in this dimension as I am a dim item hoarder and have a ton of everything

Flames and torches seem to turn on and off, and the bigger fires are only visible when standing right next to them.
    I am assuming this is the issue you are talking about?
    If so I can copy that char over and have a look after work today.

Poly

edit:
    I have copied the character over now and named it Polyvfxtest. The storage dimension is called "Candles & Torches" in case anyone wants to have a look.

I cannot test it myself before I get home, as I havent yet been able to pursuade my boss that I need a gaming rig at work
    Last edited by polynomia; 11-08-2017 at 02:12 AM.

Happy to see you try to fix this, thank you.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Character copied on PTS : Mordrahantestvfx, with dimension Bronze tomb including some vfx.
    also dimension castle fortune almost max items and many vfx.
    Dims are open if you want to see.
    Seems everything is fine now, some things like eth lamps that never render correctly are now ok.
    no ips drop with settings on ultra.
    good job

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

I just went to have a look at my earlier mentioned storage dimension on pts (490 candles, torches, braziers etc) and everything looks great

I have all settings on max and everything is just perfect.
    All the candles now have flames and all fires are visible all the time and I didn't experience any noticeable loss of performance

I would call that a massive improvement!

Well done Sir, well done indeed

I just copied over one dimension of mine that I've been having lots of vfx problems recently
    ( god rays , projections, lights weren't working at all )
    and it seems like things have improved. (At least all of my vfx seem to be working on pts)
    Dimensions on NA: Shoreward spa @ Faeblight

Dimensions on EU: ENIGMA - the Spa @ Zaviel
    Marcienn's Magic Mansion @ Zaviel

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #7
    Rift Team

Default Yes!

Thanks for the help!
    That's consistent with what we've seen here. Will get this up to live in an upcoming update.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazingOctopus View Post
    Thanks for the help!
    That's consistent with what we've seen here. Will get this up to live in an upcoming update.
    Blazing, can we please get an ETA as to when this will go up on Live? My latest dim is VERY lighting-heavy and it is driving me insane that the VFX don't work at least 50% of the time, or they flicker even when I'm right there.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #9
    Rift Team

Default Soon! (TM)

This change should be live as of the last update.

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #10
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

I checked in, and it looks like this change went Live yesterday, but was not listed in the patch notes.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazingOctopus View Post
    This change should be live as of the last update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    I checked in, and it looks like this change went Live yesterday, but was not listed in the patch notes.
    AWESOMESAUCE! Thank you guys so, so much!

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

General of Telara

You da man!
    Korvac the conquerer.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

The change seems to have impacted guild dimensions in a positive way, as in load times being reduced quite a bit. This is anecdotal for the Golem Foundry that is a current project, currently at 3887 of 5000 items. That dimension prior to the change took well over 30 seconds to load, now it seems to be between 10-15 seconds, and I no longer have the issue of my NPCs and target dummies falling through the floor.

However, there is just one little thing:

Dimension Vfx Change on PTS-2017-11-18_012157.jpg

The illumination is there, but not the flames. This is the case with every candle in this particular dimension.

PS: Further looking around showed this reflected in all the candles that come from the Candle and Torch Bundle scratcher. Candles such as White Candlestick worked just fine.
    Last edited by Feendish; 11-17-2017 at 10:31 PM.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Just wanted to echo Feendish's previous post. All of the single candlesticks (01-07) from the Candle and Torch bundles have lost their flame effect.

Dimensions on Faeblight by Holly * Hawthorn * Ivy

Everything is fine in most dims, but my Breach chamber still has problems.

The lights I put work well, but the original lights in the dims still flicker on and off, and this means the lighting in the room is on/off too.
    I have some special effects there that need the original light from the dim to work.

Character Sadartestvfx, dim breach chamber "minuit moins une", I put it on the PTS for test.
    Everything seems perfect on PTS. And far more beautiful than on live
    Last edited by Mordrahan; 11-18-2017 at 11:42 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast