+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can 2 projectors be placed in one dim?

Default Can 2 projectors be placed in one dim?

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has tried placing 2 different projectors in a dimension. Such as an outdoor precipitator and fog.

Has anyone used the fog one and how well does it work?

Last question: does anyone have one? Greybriar shard if that matters.

General of Telara

2 projectors doesn't work, outdoor precipitator and a projector SOMETIMES works, but not realiably. Better use the precipitator + fog from pumpkins...
    Dimensions on Brutwacht by Alliandre, Luisa, Alliendre, Kattima, Samrahia, Jaodya, Maegwynn, Guild "Stadtwache", Guild "Mules" - NEW: Collab with Loveyttsab: "Cinderella" on Mules@Brutwacht!

Default no

...or a "fog layer" item. 2 projectors will can cause problems depending on the combination but typically the effect show is the "newest" placed item, so that you can change effect on tours by picking one up. They do not overlap, however, the effect you want may exist as a zone named projector such as Mount Sharax.

Some dim keys are large enough and some effects "Sphere of influence" small enough that you can go out of range of one type of effect into another.
    Phineousfingers on Twitch - Phonybologna, Pintseyes, Oopsupside and Getchasome@Greybriar. Tourists on every PvE shard, NA and EU. Lots of free items available for the asking.
    All Public dimensions are on Greybriar; flagged (PBJ) *for Phonybologna's Junk.

Quote Originally Posted by Frappenguy View Post
    Some dim keys are large enough and some effects "Sphere of influence" small enough that you can go out of range of one type of effect into another.
    Pretty sure they stopped this so projectors affected the entire instance, which kinda made me sad. Would have like to have had 2 projectors spread apart from each other in the same dim
    Fwob - Zaviel

Soulwalker

I have the precipitator and the heavy fog sky projector in the Soggy Bogling Bar & Grill on Faeblight and they seem to layer nicely. I am working on a new dim using the flurrifier and the moon & fog sky projector. Mostly they seem to play nicely together, but occasionally one or the other doesn't activate/load. Usually when my internet is having a slow day. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Refuge View Post
    Pretty sure they stopped this so projectors affected the entire instance, which kinda made me sad. Would have like to have had 2 projectors spread apart from each other in the same dim
    Yup its in the patch notes this week. the sky is the sky. No more limit. Meaning only one sky effect at a time. (Flurry is a sky projector, for instance)
    Phineousfingers on Twitch - Phonybologna, Pintseyes, Oopsupside and Getchasome@Greybriar. Tourists on every PvE shard, NA and EU. Lots of free items available for the asking.
    All Public dimensions are on Greybriar; flagged (PBJ) *for Phonybologna's Junk.

+ Reply to Thread