+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Ailell
  • 2 Post By Feendish
  • 1 Post By Laeti

Thread: Shadow Scion

Default Shadow Scion

Is there still a way to obtain Shadow Scion key?
    I know it was a part of Nightmare Tide Collectors edition,
    which doesn't seem available anymore?
    Dimensions on NA: Shoreward spa @ Faeblight

Dimensions on EU: ENIGMA - the Spa @ Zaviel
    Marcienn's Magic Mansion @ Zaviel

The pack doesn't seem to be available on Glyph anymore, so I don't believe it's obtainable at this current time, though they may do promotion in the future which allows access to it.
    Last edited by Refuge; 10-08-2017 at 08:28 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Rift Disciple

Don't do it. Don't buy that ridiculously small Shadow Scion dimension, it only allows you place items in front of Port Scion, that's about it.

Unless they changed it.
    Last edited by Ailell; 10-08-2017 at 02:50 PM.
    Nereius@Faeblight

It's small on the ground level but it has a huge water layer which i'm interested in.
    Dimensions on NA: Shoreward spa @ Faeblight

Dimensions on EU: ENIGMA - the Spa @ Zaviel
    Marcienn's Magic Mansion @ Zaviel

Shield of Telara

Not very deep and with black smoke...

But NT was a boxed version once, if you're lucky you can get one of the old boxed versions very cheap and apply the code to get the goodies... at least it was still possible a year or so ago

Edit: amazon germany is even still selling the official trion versions...
    Last edited by Maegwynn; 10-10-2017 at 10:55 PM.
    Alliandre - Brutwacht
    My Dimensions
    New! "Bogling Infestation" by Samrahia, "Tartaros" and "Tick Tock" by Alliendre

I'd have to agree here the key is definitely not worth the hassle, it's way too small, it has a very small buildable (lol) area unless you use an entry point (and we all know we can't trust those!), it's generally only good if you want this particular scenery with death stuff and the inaccessible building. If that's the case they should definitely add it to the store, but I surely wouldn't buy the pack solely for the key.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Default Water Layer

Quote Originally Posted by Adansonia View Post
    It's small on the ground level but it has a huge water layer which i'm interested in.
    Although the new Landquarium key is conspicuously missing the Draumheim water layer, Polyp Promenade and Moonriven Breach keys have a layer of deep water, above the floor and below the top border of the key.

However, to build above that layer at all, you have to break through the top border.
    Phineousfingers on Twitch - Pintseyes, Oopsupside, Phonybologna and Getchasome@Greybriar. Tourists on every PvE shard, NA and EU. Lots of free items available for the asking. Public dimensions are "search flagged (PBJ) "Phonybologna's Junk"

Rift Disciple

It would be cool if they include the rooms from arak saga (can’t remember the name) or at least let us use the space behind Port Scion, like the one in Draumheim.

Oh well!
    Last edited by Ailell; 10-11-2017 at 09:52 AM.
    Nereius@Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by Laeti View Post
    I'd have to agree here the key is definitely not worth the hassle, it's way too small, it has a very small buildable (lol) area unless you use an entry point (and we all know we can't trust those!), it's generally only good if you want this particular scenery with death stuff and the inaccessible building. If that's the case they should definitely add it to the store, but I surely wouldn't buy the pack solely for the key.
    I'm confused what you mean by this, it had a very decent flat area and huge vertical potential? Best in game par Mathosian Cascades. Not mentioning the very sort after water base.
    Last edited by Refuge; 10-14-2017 at 12:57 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Quote Originally Posted by Refuge View Post
    I'm confused what you mean by this, it had a very decent flat area and huge vertical potential? Best in game par Mathosian Cascades. Not mentioning the very sort after water base.
    What I meant was that the key as it is now (even with the updated item limit) has far less potential than expected from a rare to obtain paid only dimension key.
    The 'flat' area is quite limited, the 'vertical potential' is kinda ruined by the building (that was supposed to be the star of the dimension but since it's inaccessible it can only work as a decoration you can't remove). Even with the current item limit you'd have to spend a lot of it to just cover up the existing features if you want to do anything with it.

So, as I said, unless the scenery and the structure is exactly what you need as a "billboard" decoration for your build, I wouldn't pick this dim for anything, especially knowing you can't obtain it in the game. Clearly it'd work great for folks who like this kind of atmosphere and structures but I personally prefer more flexible dimensions. It reminds me of the Temple of the Abandoned key, with the building covering most of its area, and a 'huge vertical potential' as you've said, except for the fact that the building in ToA is fully accessible.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Laeti View Post
    What I meant was that the key as it is now (even with the updated item limit) has far less potential than expected from a rare to obtain paid only dimension key.
    The 'flat' area is quite limited, the 'vertical potential' is kinda ruined by the building (that was supposed to be the star of the dimension but since it's inaccessible it can only work as a decoration you can't remove). Even with the current item limit you'd have to spend a lot of it to just cover up the existing features if you want to do anything with it.

So, as I said, unless the scenery and the structure is exactly what you need as a "billboard" decoration for your build, I wouldn't pick this dim for anything, especially knowing you can't obtain it in the game. Clearly it'd work great for folks who like this kind of atmosphere and structures but I personally prefer more flexible dimensions. It reminds me of the Temple of the Abandoned key, with the building covering most of its area, and a 'huge vertical potential' as you've said, except for the fact that the building in ToA is fully accessible.
    Having used one of my Shadow Scions, I agree with Refuge in this case. The buildings all have collision, even at the very tippy top of the spires, so you can put an entry point on them and not fall if it fails, so if you just want an item limit and don't need a lot of space, you can put the entry point on a building spire, and have a ton of blank vertical space to do whatever you want.

The water ceiling is what makes Shadow Scion, imo. It's deep, and mostly blank, with another air layer above it that is much taller than Polyp Promenade's, and I wish I had used Shadow Scion for both of my underwater builds. An entry point in water, if it fails, still won't allow the visitor to fall, unless the builder traps people in something they've built. Like most people here, however, I didn't want to use Shadow Scion for them, because I thought it was too small, too ugly, too...pick any given thing.

The real downside to using Shadow Scion would be the same for using any dimension with a water ceiling, and that's the way some sky projectors react with the water. And, of course, if someone wants to have the water and still use a sky projector, you must have visitors arrive in an open air part first, or they'll see the default sky under water.

I get why people don't like Shadow Scion, I used to not like it, either. But if you're one of those who doesn't care about existing landscape and would rather create your own, especially in an underwater environment, it's worth looking at, and I hope it becomes available again.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel
    The Dimension Touring Company: Dimension Tours - Building Tips
    Tips 'n Tricks Live! Saturdays @ 1100 AM NA Server
    Baradara@Greybriar

@Feendish I hear you:) The only thing I'd probably like this dim for would be the challenge of terraforming it into something completely different as it's something I enjoy so much. There's just too many buts (ehehe) that come with it that I'd still prefer something else. But that's just personal preferences anyways, there's still so many people who, on the contrary, prefer using the existing features and incorporating them into their builds, and this is where Shadow Scion would definitely be very unique if that's the atmosphere you're looking for. Part of my disappointment is the death stuff that I honestly hate and that would need to be covered up if I were to build in it. It's also why I still haven't even started on my Black Garden, that huge piece of death on the ground constantly turns me off lmao

+ Reply to Thread