+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Grandfather Fae Yule Dimension Contest

Default Grandfather Fae Yule Dimension Contest

~ He knows if you been bad or good, he spends the entire year making sure that beard is on fleek, to make lady dwarves jealous he can grow a beard and they cannot, he gets coal made for all those who been bad, or invaded Telara. Crucia and Anhket are getting nothing this year. Know who I am talking about yet? Everyone's favorite present tossing bogling of course! Grandfather Fae Yule! How does this bogling do it all? Or does he order it all off Amazon and have it sent to his summer home in Ember Isle? You show us! ~

Objective
    ~ Grandfather has live somewhere right? Has to have a workshop? What is he doing the rest of the year? You have the options of either making Grandfather Fae Yule's workshop, or his home, both, or even his summer home where he hides when he does not have bahmi crushing his lap. Where does this bogling live and work from? Your the interior designer for this bearded bogling ~

Dates

~ Dates changed (was surprised with an out of the country vacation) and because I know people will be busy during the holidays. New dates are: Dims are closed til January 31st 2018 11:59pm PDT, dimensions should be open by February 1st 2018 12:00amPDT~

Prizes (Thanks to Trion) n Miss Kelari Cuddles
    1st Place - 30 Day Patron Pass / Spectral Carriage Mount/ Hootie Pet / Dimension Cache
    2nd Place - 30 Day Patron Pass / Spectral Carriage Mount/ Dimension Cache
    3rd Place - 30 Day Patron Pass/ Spectral Carriage Mount

This is Open to EU and NA.

The Rules
    1. This is a personal dimension contest only, and fresh build. There are no dimension limits, you can use any dim key, any item amount, go crazy to your hearts content with the item choices.
    2. No groups allowed, this is just what one person creates. The prizes are individual, so would hate for you to figure out who gets what. So easier to make it a individual challenge.
    3. One entry per person please. All entries must be submitted via this thread.
    4. All entries must stay closed until January 31st 2018 11:59pm PDT, dimensions should be open by Febuary 1st 2018 12:00am PDT. If they are not, you will be disqualified.

All submissions will have screenshots taken and posted on twitter, but the submissions will also be lived streamed by KelariCuddles.

Judging Criteria

Theme: (10 Points) Can we tell this dimension has a Grandfather Fae Yule living in it or his workshop. This contest is all about our favorite bearded bogling.
    Composition: (25 points) How much of the dimension key did you use, how cramp is the down, is there plants, is everything spread out, does it mesh well or look like a Pollock paint with rift items.
    Skill: (5 points) Did you use pre made buildings or did you make things from scratch?
    Creativity: (30 points) How creative was the person? How much detail is in the dim? Did we find anything unique, hidden? Secret rooms?
    Preference: (10 points) This is the judges score, how much did they personally like your dimension.

How to Enter

Name:
    Shard:
    Dimension Name:
    Description:

If you need to contact me here is how:
    NA: NalyviaCarrion@Faeblight
    EU: KelariCuddles@Gelidra
    Twitter: KelariCuddles
    Discord: KelariCuddles#6621
    Last edited by MissMimic; 11-29-2017 at 08:08 AM.

North America

Laethys

Name: Korvac
    Shard: Laethys
    Dimension Name: The Aliens who invaded Fae Yule
    Description: If anyone has followed my annual Fae Yule dims, you would know Grandfather frost has been kidnapped by an evil sorcerer Gnome. His wife to be was kidnapped last year by the sorcerer's evil brother, then this time around its all the more Dire.The Alien Race known as the Scarians have chosen Fae yule to launch their invasion. We will need all of the ascended help in stopping the invasion and helping Grandfather frost escape his abduction.(I'm hoping no probes go "where no man has gone before", if you catch my drift.

Spoiler!

Europe

Brisesol

Name: Aeryle
    Shard: Brisesol
    Dimension Name: Frimaras
    Description:
    The newest train station of the Telara Rail Road, built to deserve the town where Grandfather Fae Yule live.

Brutwacht

Name: Yanija
    Shard: Brutwacht
    Dimension Name: TBA
    Description:[/B] TBA
    Last edited by MissMimic; 12-05-2017 at 05:29 AM.

Awesome very cool contest. Love Fae Yule so much

Quote Originally Posted by Kitasia View Post
    Awesome very cool contest. Love Fae Yule so much
    i love fae yule and boglings

RIFT Fan Site Operator Tamarama's Avatar

This could do with a sticky. Bump!

Better Homes and Dimensions - A blog just for Dimensions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamarama View Post
    This could do with a sticky. Bump!
    i agree. we need to get some glue and thumb tacks and stick this on the wall

yep

Well I tried to just say yep and than I got a message that my words are too short and that I need to lengthen my message to at lest ten characters,..too bad Trion I can only afford three. haha
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

Telaran

Cleared out a storage dim to build for this one Hopefully will have an entry for it
    Dims on Greybriar: Phoenix Ascending's guild dim (Tuldio Sun Orb), listed under my Main (Xaii) Asian Tea House, Riftwarts, Halloween Home. newly opened Sky Haven. My alt Daementia: Xaii's Castle Dim (castle is on top of a glacier)

Seems perfect for me.

Name: Aeryle
    Shard: Brisesol
    Dimension Name: Frimaras
    Description: The newest train station of the Telara Rail Road, built to deserve the town where Grandfather Fae Yule live.
    Guild: La main occulte on Brisesol.
    French translator of Tinker Tools.
    Owner of the Telara Rail Road: 14 Train Station are currently open to visit

Quote Originally Posted by Daementia View Post
    Cleared out a storage dim to build for this one Hopefully will have an entry for it
    the idea of clearing out any of storage dimensions....scares me T...T
    but sure hope to see your work.

General of Telara

Well, its time for my annual Fae Yule dimension. So here goes.

Korvac
    Laethys
    Dim name: The Aliens who invaded Fae Yule.
    Description:If anyone has followed my annual Fae Yule dims, you would know Grandfather frost has been kidnapped by an evil sorcerer Gnome.

His wife to be was kidnapped last year by the sorcerer's evil brother, then this time around its all the more Dire.

The Alien Race known as the Scarians have chosen Fae yule to launch their invasion. We will need all of the ascended help in stopping the invasion and helping Grandfather frost escape his abduction.(I'm hoping no probes go "where no man has gone before", if you catch my drift).

Things to look forward to:
    1)A never before seen Alien spaceship, which you can explore.

2)Mind-controlled berzerker snowmen, lead by the brutal Bad MR.Frosty, invading Telara.

3)A side of Grandfather Frost, you've never seen before(And personally, should be glad you never see it again!)

4)A morphed Alien race, bent on total destruction of all things Fae Yule.

5)A cameo of the returning Abominable Snowman.

6)Coal in your stocking if you don't +1 my dim!! (Joking, well maybe....Have I mentioned Alien probes????)
    Last edited by swordkata; 11-29-2017 at 11:28 AM.
    Korvac the conquerer.

Quote Originally Posted by MissMimic View Post
    the idea of clearing out any of storage dimensions....scares me T...T
    but sure hope to see your work.
    lol same i might do this one not sure

RIFT Fan Site Operator Tamarama's Avatar

Query: should we be making boglings (if we're making people) and Grandfather Yule or is the traditional human santa also allowed?

Better Homes and Dimensions - A blog just for Dimensions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamarama View Post
    Query: should we be making boglings (if we're making people) and Grandfather Yule or is the traditional human santa also allowed?
    you can make a traditional santa, i am sure that bogling got inspiration from somewhere.

Will be changing some of the dates, will be out of town, or well out of the country when the contest deadline comes up, and wont have any access to the internet, but hey gives all of you that entered more time to work on your creations. Will post the date changes soon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast