Like Tree13Likes
  • 2 Post By Kiwi
  • 2 Post By Tinderal
  • 2 Post By Mordrahan
  • 3 Post By Nouvae
  • 2 Post By Laeti
  • 1 Post By Killerloose
  • 1 Post By Nouvae

Thread: Dimension Storage vs Loot Crate UI - Why is storage not the priority?

Default Dimension Storage vs Loot Crate UI - Why is storage not the priority?

Dear Trion team.

Logging on Monday to finish off a week of storage cleaning and after a weekend on the PTS I'll get straight to the point:

This new loot crate system seems unnecessary especially for dimensions because there is no excitement/fun seeing you are not getting an epic/relic in advance and I am surprised this new system took precedents over a UI for Dimension storage which this game needs desperately and resources has been the reason we don't have it.

To reiterate: The amount of items we now receive is truly incredible, thank you so much but it is also hindering players like myself from building. Dimension items are like a painters color pallet.

Imagine Bob Ross having to go to banks spread across every character, followed by guild banks, then multiple dimensions set up just for storage?

The amount of plat, credits and time spent on storage is too much and after hearing Archonix say how much people loved Dimensions at Gamescom this year I hope someone can encourage more to build with a storage UI (similar to wardrobe/Trove) even if its just for blocks, crafted and achievement/loyalty items.

If an actual breakdown of costs, pictures of every storage place including alts I have for dimensions is needed I can do that or if anyone else wants to post there's go for it so I can remain in denial of how much time/resources I've spent just on storage lol.

Edit: I put this in the Dimension Thread last week but wanted to make a separate post because this might need more than the dimension team to look in to.

Sincerely,
    Someone who wants to dimension build more than dimension store.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 09-25-2017 at 07:54 AM.

Storage and the sheer clunkyness of it, is a major detriment to the pleasure of building. I have 3 full 2520 item dimensions dedicated to storing stuff not to mention 5 entire bank vaults, that's 320 slots stuffed with building blocks and a fully expanded guild bank full to the brim. I'm sure there are others with even more.
    My first storage dim is called OCD Storage. This is because when I first started storing stuff there I was wonderfully organized about how everything was laid out. neat rows and stacks. All very OCD. Now look at it. Pah. And that is just one end of it. Turn around and you've got all that again and more not to mention the bigger stuff just sprawling around the outside. Pretty much impossible to find anything by sight now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dimension Storage vs Loot Crate UI - Why is storage not the priority?-2017-09-25_193839.jpg  

I had 2 anywhere dims for personal storage. Had to open a third with the new caches. One is all special items, decoration and magitech. Second is landscaping and houses. Third is special building blocks and modules (walls, columns, bridges...). And one more for my guild, where I put all the things I don't want for them to use.
    And these dims are only for things that can't stack.

My rule is : if there are more than 5 of them, stack them in bags/bank on a dedicated mule. But I can't have more toons on my shard. I already have an alt guild with 5 bank tabs, and 3 mules with maxed bags in bank, and soon it will not be enough.
    Storage management is hours each week.

I would love to get some wardrobe-like UI tab for all building blocks.
    Let other things be normal storage, but give us some list-storage for all base blocks, something like a special bag with 999 stack count for each block. It is not fun to have a toon only for basic blocks storage...
    Last edited by Mordrahan; 09-25-2017 at 11:13 AM.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Coming back to Rift from a break recently I spent an entire evening ..many hours... sorting through bags and putting away dimension items in storage dimensions and my guild/personal bank. It truly is an issue that should be looked into.

A storage solution, some sort of special bank or interface with an ability to preview the item, for Building Blocks, Building Modules, Lights, and Dreamweaver items would free up a LOT of space. The rest of the items like trees, plants, statues, furniture, etc I prefer to keep in my storage dimensions to have a visual idea of what is available to build for those particular items, but that is just me.

I consider myself to be a pretty dedicated Dimensioneer so coming back to the game after a break or after finishing a dimension build to clean up storage is annoying but I deal with it, however I can't imagine what new players think about this. It's very off putting, no one wants to log into a game to "clean" ..haha.. we just want to relax and build.
    Last edited by Nouvae; 09-25-2017 at 12:01 PM.

Dimension Gallery - Browse & search for player created dimensions

Quote Originally Posted by Nouvae View Post
    no one wants to log into a game to "clean" ..haha.. we just want to relax and build. :wink:
    I once spent an entire evening OCD-cleaning up a friend's storage dim just for the fun of it, I also do that to my shard's main TAPLAPs sometimes and of course to my own storages. That being said, doing it to kill some time or because I suddenly have an urge to stack up some building blocks is not the same as logging in to build and having to organize storages instead. Not to mention not everyone enjoys doing it, which I am well aware of lol. Having a decent alternative to storage alts / making guilds for storage space would be nice.

P.S. Welcome back! It's lovely to see you with us again:)
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Rift Disciple

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ones-mind.html

remember asking for a wardrobe system for dimensions but it never got done =/. wish it was implemented but coming up to nearly 3years and nothing, probably it will never happen =(

Quote Originally Posted by Laeti View Post
    I once spent an entire evening OCD-cleaning up a friend's storage dim just for the fun of it, I also do that to my shard's main TAPLAPs sometimes and of course to my own storages. That being said, doing it to kill some time or because I suddenly have an urge to stack up some building blocks is not the same as logging in to build and having to organize storages instead. Not to mention not everyone enjoys doing it, which I am well aware of lol. Having a decent alternative to storage alts / making guilds for storage space would be nice.

P.S. Welcome back! It's lovely to see you with us again

I know what you're saying Laeti, I've spent time cleaning up the largest TAPLAP on Hailol in the past, when I was bored too. My comment was more of a tongue-in-cheek sarcasm, guess it wasn't too funny lol. Anyways, storage is always good, and thanks for the WB.

Dimension Gallery - Browse & search for player created dimensions

I actually love the new Loot Crate UI

Regarding dimension storage, I am pretty sure they know that we REALLY need an easier way to store and access all our stuff.

Most dimension builders are also massive hoarders.
    We gather stuff at events and constantly lurk around the auction houses to buy even more stuff that we might need for future builds.
    And there is a ton of different dimension items out there...
    I myself have 14+ storage dimensions + 1 guild bank and it's a nightmare to run around and try to find the stuff you need.

The ultimate solution would be some sort of massive "bank" to place everything in, that could be accessed by all our characters.
    It should have some some sort of UI to make finding stuff easier like tabs or sections for different item types like trees, flowers, rocks, building blocks etc.

Sadly I have a feeling this would be a massive project to carry it out.

It would be nice to know though, if it's even possible to help us in some way to have our stuff handy when building.

Quote Originally Posted by polynomia View Post
    ....Sadly I have a feeling this would be a massive project to carry it out.

It would be nice to know though, if it's even possible to help us in some way to have our stuff handy when building.
    The new UI is ok but as someone who invests in loot crates quite a bit I just don't see the value or what difference this made to crate QOL except making it take longer which I really don't enjoy agreeing 100% it would not be an easy job but with similar time and resources spent on the loot crate UI could definitely be done. Especially since Trove has a Ui that helps keep that game organised and a lot of UI in Trove was originally created by Gingers - hence how we have our wardrobe also and why I keep making references to it. I know she is no longer part of the team but so many things observed over the years in all Trion games leads me to believe it is do-able so I keep poking at it every now and then in hope because (like the capacity changes coming next week) this feature would also be win-win for Trions cash flow and Dimensioneers creative/ease of use flow.

This time around it was more than a poke though because I spent all last weekend on the pts opening dimension crates and it got irritating seeing in advance I wasn't getting a epic/relic heh. Thanks Poly and every other response, our storage stories are outta control!
    Last edited by Kiwi; 09-29-2017 at 11:46 PM.

+ Reply to Thread