Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Kitasia
  • 1 Post By forbiddenlake
  • 1 Post By Feendish
  • 1 Post By Shadana
  • 1 Post By Laeti

Thread: Nightmare Tide Collectors Dim Items

Default Nightmare Tide Collectors Dim Items

I was asked last night if there was any way to unlock collector's Edition items like http://dimensionaddicts.com/node/2233 . Since you can no longer get the Nightmare Tide Collector's Edition. I could not find anything about it. So the question is there any way to unlock it. If not maybe in the future being able to unlock it someway for new dimmers

Weren't these items added to the store some time ago for those who couldn't unlock them? Or it's only for those who have them unlocked already? I'm sure they're somewhere in the store because I've definitely seen them but I do have the edition so can't say if they're there for everyone.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Glass-bellied Mermaid Statue:
    RIFT Store > Dimensions > Trophies, 150p

Not sure of purchase requirements either

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Their best chance might be to find someone who has an uncollected code they're willing to sell, or wait for it to pop up on the Glyph store as one of the rotating boost packs (but since the store is currently selling the Nightmare Tide souls as part of the current boost pack, this may be unlikely).

An easy fix, since the expansion is not current, would be to remove the lock on the items in the Trophy section. The key, imo, is the much more valuable item, and those should remain bound.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel
    The Dimension Touring Company: Dimension Tours - Building Tips
    Tips 'n Tricks Live! Saturdays @ 1100 AM NA Server
    Baradara@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Feendish View Post
    Their best chance might be to find someone who has an uncollected code they're willing to sell, or wait for it to pop up on the Glyph store as one of the rotating boost packs (but since the store is currently selling the Nightmare Tide souls as part of the current boost pack, this may be unlikely).

An easy fix, since the expansion is not current, would be to remove the lock on the items in the Trophy section. The key, imo, is the much more valuable item, and those should remain bound.
    I've paid 150 for NT collector only for theses items because they were exclusive to this very expansive pack, so no reason today to give them to everyone without paying any !
    Guild: La main occulte on Brisesol.
    French translator of Tinker Tools.
    Owner of the Telara Rail Road: 14 Train Station are currently open to visit

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aeryle View Post
    I've paid 150 for NT collector only for theses items because they were exclusive to this very expansive pack, so no reason today to give them to everyone without paying any !
    We can have differing opinions. I paid for it as well.

Perhaps a work around would be to sell that particular unlock on the store or the Glyph store.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel
    The Dimension Touring Company: Dimension Tours - Building Tips
    Tips 'n Tricks Live! Saturdays @ 1100 AM NA Server
    Baradara@Greybriar

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Laeti View Post
    Weren't these items added to the store some time ago for those who couldn't unlock them? Or it's only for those who have them unlocked already? I'm sure they're somewhere in the store because I've definitely seen them but I do have the edition so can't say if they're there for everyone.
    when they were introduced to the shop they were unbound for a short period of time i.e. when you have the NTE CE you could buy them and sell them on the ah - but now they are soulbound when you purchase them.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeryle View Post
    I've paid 150 for NT collector only for theses items because they were exclusive to this very expansive pack, so no reason today to give them to everyone without paying any ! :mad2:
    Why would it bother you if someone gets them from the store without buying a pack? They'd still pay plat or credits in the store (probably many times), and the items you own nor the pack you purchased isn't going to somehow become worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadana View Post
    when they were introduced to the shop they were unbound for a short period of time i.e. when you have the NTE CE you could buy them and sell them on the ah - but now they are soulbound when you purchase them.
    That's a shame, I had no way of checking myself since my main account has the edition and the other account that doesn't I forgot the password to :) I guess it's fine if they stay soulbound as long as they're available without purchasing the pack.

Sorry I left you all to wonder I have accounts that do not have the pack and it is locked and says it requires Nightmare Tide collectors edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Laeti View Post
    Why would it bother you if someone gets them from the store without buying a pack? They'd still pay plat or credits in the store (probably many times), and the items you own nor the pack you purchased isn't going to somehow become worthless.
    Because i paid a huge amont of REAL money to get them. I don't see why some player could get theses items without paying any real money.

No problem if Trion sell them in exchange of credit to those who don't buy NTCE or if Trion sell a special unlock for these item (in exchange of real money) but buy them with plats must be only for thoses who unlock them by paying real money.

(And the argument theses item are old don't apply for dimensions items. Contrary to HL content, dimension content never become outdated...

Yeah I don't understand this, sorry:)
    None of the items you got with NTCE would become worthless to you if they sell them for plat on the store. The only change would be that other dimensioneers would gain access to something that only those with money could have before. In my opinion it's a good thing as we're not here to compete who has more money or who bought more stuff, we're here to build things we enjoy and share them with friends, so why would any of this matter if the result is the same - a cool new dimension?

Not trying to argue here, your opinion is your own and you are as entitled to it as I am to mine :)

The only thing that decide me to buy NTCE was dimension item and the fact they are exclusive to this pack and won't be released anywhere else.
    If Trion change that, i would have paid for nothing because i didn't bought this pack is items and key wasn't exclusives. That's all.

+ Reply to Thread