• 4 Post By Zeamage
  • 3 Post By Hersheykisses
  • 3 Post By Laeti
  • 1 Post By Hersheykisses
  • 1 Post By Loveyttsab
  • 1 Post By Gwed

Thread: Needs paint...

Default Needs paint...

I was shoving my latest building project to a colleague at work, when another guy went past and stopped to have a look.
    He is an older guy we have have employed to take care of building maintenance and painting.
    He looked at the screen and went: "Can't you paint that?"
    I told him that all the painted wood looked that way and no, we cannot paint it.
    "Still needs paint" he said and shuffled off.

While the weather-beaten painted wood absolutely has its uses, a less damaged version would indeed be a nice thing to have
    Needs paint...-2017-09-16_143157.jpg
    Last edited by polynomia; 09-16-2017 at 04:36 AM.

I totally have been dying for the pink wood undamaged

in general, everything broken needs an unbroken and perfect twin.
    Hidden Gem By Zeamage@Gelidra

LOL Poly I was just thinking the same thing the other day. I'd love to have some painted surfaces that didn't look overly weathered.
    Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer, City Library, Breached Chamber, Dolcega Hotspot
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

I mentioned the painted wood before. With it being cracked paint as it is, I can't ever use it in any projects. If I needed a rustic, weathered look then I could, but that's a limited use item for me. I've never used any of the painted wood pieces.
    - Jexie of Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Jexie View Post
    I mentioned the painted wood before. With it being cracked paint as it is, I can't ever use it in any projects. If I needed a rustic, weathered look then I could, but that's a limited use item for me. I've never used any of the painted wood pieces.
    weathered or not, they are still highly usable for all kinds of projects, I find it very odd that someone can have zero use for them at all. You can manipulate them a little to get the least weathered surface to show. Sometimes it might cost you a little extra, like having to use planks and not rectangles or squares.
    That said, some nice newly painted wood would be the best thing that happened since, uhhm, the painted wood we have now
    Last edited by Zeamage; 09-20-2017 at 09:18 AM.
    Hidden Gem By Zeamage@Gelidra

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by polynomia View Post
    While the weather-beaten painted wood absolutely has its uses, a less damaged version would indeed be a nice thing to have
    I completely agree with you. I made this thing and I showed it to my one of my guildies and his only negative comment was "can you take away the weathered/damaged look?", and I was, of course, forced to say "nope, unfortunately, I cannot."
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Needs paint...-2017-09-20.jpg  
    May the frogue be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hersheykisses View Post
    I completely agree with you. I made this thing and I showed it to my one of my guildies and his only negative comment was "can you take away the weathered/damaged look?", and I was, of course, forced to say "nope, unfortunately, I cannot."
    I guess what you could do in the meantime would be reskinning it using glowing blocks. I was skeptical about them when they first got added as I'm generally not into shiny/glowy/neon kind of stuff most of the time, but these blocks have a very gentle, subtle glow and could be used in cases like this to replace the wood. They also cost about the same as regular blocks so it shouldn't be too expensive (and, if you have enough white tree stars from the Fae Yule events, you could replace the dots with actual stars, if that fits well with glowy blocks;)). Just a suggestion at least until the newly painted wood gets added to the store.
    Last edited by Laeti; 09-20-2017 at 05:16 PM.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Laeti View Post
    I guess what you could do in the meantime would be reskinning it using glowing blocks. I was skeptical about them when they first got added as I'm generally not into shiny/glowy/neon kind of stuff most of the time, but these blocks have a very gentle, subtle glow and could be used in cases like this to replace the wood. They also cost about the same as regular blocks so it shouldn't be too expensive (and, if you have enough white tree stars from the Fae Yule events, you could replace the dots with actual stars, if that fits well with glowy blocks;)). Just a suggestion at least until the newly painted wood gets added to the store.
    True, thank you for the suggestion.
    May the frogue be with you.

Nicely paint it wood would be a great addition to the building blocks!!! So many times i want to build clean looking structure and HAVE TO use the paint wood we have... sometimes looks a bit weard tho. Like the building from Pandasia i build ..this buildings are always paint it to perfection in real..would be great to have beautiful smooth pant it wood.

In all existing colors ..that would be great!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Needs paint...-2017-04-23_150848.jpg  
    Last edited by Loveyttsab; 09-23-2017 at 01:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hersheykisses View Post
    You could probably also reskin it using plain limestone.

~ Gwedhiel • Zavira • Warik ~
    Now open to visitors and for role play: The Inn at Gustav's Cove O-RP by Gwedhiel, on Zaviel EU
    NEW! Visit my blog The Daily Gwed, for fashion inspiration and dimension touring expeditions!

Quote Originally Posted by Loveyttsab View Post
    would be great to have beautiful smooth pant it wood.

In all existing colors ..that would be great!
    I can just imagine how everyone's banks would suddenly overflow. lol ;)

~ Gwedhiel • Zavira • Warik ~
    Now open to visitors and for role play: The Inn at Gustav's Cove O-RP by Gwedhiel, on Zaviel EU
    NEW! Visit my blog The Daily Gwed, for fashion inspiration and dimension touring expeditions!

+ Reply to Thread