+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By polynomia
  • 1 Post By Mordhreim
  • 3 Post By Zeamage

Thread: How hard to alter existing building blocks?

Default How hard to alter existing building blocks?

I have been wondering about this every time I need to use glass blocks.
    Why oh why do they have to be so thick?
    I can see that they follow the same size and shape as other building blocks, but as glass is mainly used for making windows and such, it seems way too thick at times.

Is it possible to create a new glass set that that doesn't get thicker when scaling, or simply is a lot thinner?

I am sorta hoping that all it is, is unticking a box and TADAA, they dont change thickness
    when scaling, but it is probably somewhat more complicated than that

Quote Originally Posted by polynomia View Post
    I have been wondering about this every time I need to use glass blocks.
    Why oh why do they have to be so thick?
    I can see that they follow the same size and shape as other building blocks, but as glass is mainly used for making windows and such, it seems way too thick at times.

Is it possible to create a new glass set that that doesn't get thicker when scaling, or simply is a lot thinner?

I am sorta hoping that all it is, is unticking a box and TADAA, they dont change thickness
    when scaling, but it is probably somewhat more complicated than that
    we have dim things that don't change thickness when they scale : the water surfaces are like this. So it is possible.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Yes, Trion, if you make a glass pane set that works similar to the pond surfaces Mordrahan mentioned, and made them go from really small, like the smallest square/rectangle piece or smaller, to pond surface large, that would be awesome.
    You could even use the opportunity to make a few versions of color tinted glass (hint hint!)

And on the topic of altering existing building blocks, make every building block able to scale smaller, please? :)
    Especially the spheres and cubes have been annoying. They are way too large at the smallest size to look good in for example porch/stair railings. It's hard to find use for them when they are so large.

OH YES! If spheres, discs, poles and planks (well, all b-blocks) scaled to almost invisible, there wouldn't be anything we couldn't create.
    So many times when we get an epic idea, pull out the spheres and discs, we are disappointed that they don't get small enough, and we are "forced" to build BIG, settle for a lesser design or simply give up

And i agree that the thickness of the glass often makes it useless, esp cuz we cant seamlessly place then together.
    Last edited by Zeamage; 09-11-2017 at 08:17 AM.
    Hidden Gem By Zeamage@Gelidra

+ Reply to Thread