+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Tacitus

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Dimension Items - Why BoP, not BoA?

Soulwalker

Unhappy Dimension Items - Why BoP, not BoA?

I was super-tempted to necro this old thread ( http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ion-items.html ), but it seemed like it needed moving to this forum, anyway.

In the past, I didn't worry about BoP dimension items on the wrong characters, because I only had one item that couldn't be used.

I just reached green tier and got a whole bunch of soulbound items and even a dimension. Could we please get dimension stuff BoA?

I can understand BoP preventing twinking items to low level characters, but am I really going to twink dimension stuff?

2.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #2
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Tacitus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rathergoofy View Post
    In the past, I didn't worry about BoP dimension items on the wrong characters, because I only had one item that couldn't be used.

I just reached green tier and got a whole bunch of soulbound items and even a dimension. Could we please get dimension stuff BoA?

I can understand BoP preventing twinking items to low level characters, but am I really going to twink dimension stuff?
    Every one of your characters will get those loyalty tier rewards. The reason they are BoP instead of BoA is to prevent a churn of created and deleted lvl 1 alts just to pillage countless copies of the same items.

But since your concern appears to be one of getting the rewards on the "wrong character" fear not because you get those rewards on ALL your characters.
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Soulwalker

Oh, awesome, thanks. Any chance more unique dimension items could be BoA, instead of BoP?

I've got a Tearful Memorium I would love to use on a different dimension. I don't remember how I got it, but I don't imagine it'd be easy to churn them out on multiple characters.

You can also purchase extra copies of the items in the store under Dimensions -> Loyalty
    Alternate Greybriar names. Kyriann, Ellowyn, Ellowen, Xanadu, Myschief, Dynamite, Feradar.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by rathergoofy View Post
    Oh, awesome, thanks. Any chance more unique dimension items could be BoA, instead of BoP?

I've got a Tearful Memorium I would love to use on a different dimension. I don't remember how I got it, but I don't imagine it'd be easy to churn them out on multiple characters.
    Tearful Memorium is from the nightmare saga. I agree that it should be account bound, all the other rewards are too from what I remember.
    There is an identical looking item (Corgi Trophy) from completing 60 bounty artifact sets, which is also account bound.
    Dimension Addon 'Tinker Tools' is now available on Curse!
    Or grab the latest development code on GitHub.

+ Reply to Thread